Nobody picked the Bills this week

bisonbrigade

On NFL.com out of the five "experts" none picked the Buffalo Bills. Even though they swept the Dolphins last year, won the last two at home against them, lengthy injury report for Miami and all of the hoopla at the stadium this weekend. How many wins will it take to get some respect?

why does anyone care about this? ever.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most of the same ones who picked the Dolphins also picked the Steelers to win last night... :oops:

why does anyone care about this? ever.

Because I would like to watch NFLN and occasionally hear something intelligent about my team.

The same lazy mentality that has them all pick against the Bills nearly every week is the what causes FredEx's game-winning run to not be one of the top 10 plays, etc...

"[They're going to finish 2-14 because] they need to get better at OLT" - famous NFLN PAID "expert" Marshall Faulk mailing it in apparently thinking ALL-PRO OLT Jason Peters played for someone else.

Edited by BobChalmers

Neither do I pick the Bills to win this Sunday for one reason. The Bills are famous for always laying a big fat egg on important games like this one. Dolphins win 19-0.

No way Carpenter let's us lay a goose egg.

EJ undefeated in throwback uni. Tannehill winless at RWS.

I wish I could retweet this.

Neither do I pick the Bills to win this Sunday for one reason. The Bills are famous for always laying a big fat egg on important games like this one. Dolphins win 19-0.

It really will be a good indicator if this team is turning a corner, then. Very much agree that the Bills over the last 10+ years have laid an egg at every big game opportunity.

So they'll lose because of previous history? Don't think so. They'll either be the better team on Sunday or they won't. I like the Bills chances this week because of a number of factors including having a more talented roster than the Dolphins.

Everyone needs to stop giving the football gods something else to think about. They might just like us right now. But for them, there's no target like an overconfident Bills fan.

Just as the first 2 series of the Chicago game (Bills net 4 yards, 3 and out, Bears answer with an easy touchdown) didn't hint at what was to come, we are 1/16 of the way through a long season. We are not so far removed from a disappointing season, and a scary-bad pre-season. And the teams that are the same team in November that they were in September are usually the bad ones. There are going to be some downs this season, hopefully more ups. Let's approach the season with a little bit more of the humility that this team should be showing and save the resentment for a time when we have more than 1 win in the books.

A large chunk of the posters didn't pick the Bills last week, either.

kj

And even if the Bills win Sunday, a visiting 0-2 Chargers team will be favored next week at the Ralph. Oh well.

SD is a very good team. I actually think they will shock the world and beat Seattle at home this week. Either way - whether they come into Buffalo desperate at 0-2 or on a huge wave of momentum after beating the SB champs, I would pick SD to beat the Bills Week 3. I just have a feeling about that game, unfortunately. But right now I am too worried about Miami to worry about that!

Everyone needs to stop giving the football gods something else to think about. They might just like us right now. But for them, there's no target like an overconfident Bills fan.

Just as the first 2 series of the Chicago game (Bills net 4 yards, 3 and out, Bears answer with an easy touchdown) didn't hint at what was to come, we are 1/16 of the way through a long season. We are not so far removed from a disappointing season, and a scary-bad pre-season. And the teams that are the same team in November that they were in September are usually the bad ones. There are going to be some downs this season, hopefully more ups. Let's approach the season with a little bit more of the humility that this team should be showing and save the resentment for a time when we have more than 1 win in the books.

A large chunk of the posters didn't pick the Bills last week, either.

kj

Yup. What most fans don't really know or understand is that there are a lot more bandwagon Gods than one would imagine. The Football gods, once the Big Guy decides this vendetta against buffalo has gone on long enough, will be all over the Bills. The way a lot of them jumped in us like when we went 4-0 and then 5-1 with Trent a bunch of years back. The Football Gods actually don't know a lot about football. They watch a lot of ESPN.

Most of the same ones who picked the Dolphins also picked the Steelers to win last night... :oops:

Because I would like to watch NFLN and occasionally hear something intelligent about my team.

The same lazy mentality that has them all pick against the Bills nearly every week is the what causes FredEx's game-winning run to not be one of the top 10 plays, etc...

"[They're going to finish 2-14 because] they need to get better at OLT" - famous NFLN PAID "expert" Marshall Faulk mailing it in apparently thinking ALL-PRO OLT Jason Peters played for someone else.

there's your problem.