Cam Newton's bizarre press conference

YoloinOhio

I finally got around to watching this video! LMAO!

My take on this is twofold.

First, he is absolutely 100% under the effect of some type of drug. May be a purely legal and proper pain killer, but the man in that video is not normal.

Secondly, he is being a bit of an immature ass and basically saying to the Press: "I don't want to be here so I will not cooperate or give you anything to write. Therefore I will just keep saying the same thing over and over."

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's been acting weird lately

@Deadspin: VIDEO: Cam Newton gives same answer five times, refers to Ndamukong Suh as "Donkey Kong Suh." http://t.cost/zd5RXgybJL

just say no to drugs.

Donkey kong suh....in today's PC world that has got to be racist.

the NAADK is strongly offened by Cam's comments.

He's doing it on purpose. Who knows why. He doesn't look under the influence to me (not more than normal anyway).

I know some people say that "he's just having fun", but to me he doesn't look like he's taking his role as a professional and the leader of a Super Bowl contender seriously. It's just not the example that his teammates athletes need, IMO.

Panthers fans are going with 1 of 2 answers

1) He is trolling them and just messing with the media in a little game

.... which I do not think is true because he is not that smart

2) He is trying to get one of the most emotionally unbalanced defenders to lose their cool and attack him and get ejected.

...which I do not think worth anything and just awfully dumb

but it also has a certain irony to it. Sports reporting is the worst. You basically ask the most obviously simple questions over and over. What is the plan for Sunday? How are you feeling about your opponents D?

You can write 90% of sports stories without interviewing a single player (unless they become the story). Cam's responses seem like a self aware commentary on the pointlessness of the entire mandated interview process. He is asking us to look deep inside and say do you really need to hear the QB of an NFL team blather on about the game on Sunday? Shouldn't you be volunteering in your local community or helping your children with their homework? What are you doing with your life where you need to hear BS contrived answers that can be the same every week throughout the season?

or he is just stoned on some major painkillers.

Edited by Why So Serious?

It's not so much the "Donkey Kong" Suh, because I call him that as well (because obviously I'm a racist!). It's the "protected by..." that makes me think he's baked.

He's always been a guy that is a little less than sharp. His charisma is that he's a quarterback, likes attention and has a million dollar smile - not that he was ever insightful or engaging. Painkillers or not I'm pretty sure he's the type that would come up with an awkward answer, and flub it a few times once he's on the spot and think it was awesome while tuning in to all 16 sportscenter replays to catch it every time.

He's always been a guy that is a little less than sharp. His charisma is that he's a quarterback, likes attention and has a million dollar smile - not that he was ever insightful or engaging. Painkillers or not I'm pretty sure he's the type that would come up with an awkward answer, and flub it a few times once he's on the spot and think it was awesome while tuning in to all 16 sportscenter replays to catch it every time.

haha. Probably spot on.

haha. Probably spot on.

I can totally picture him at 215am watching it again incredibly proud of the attention he got, his hilarious donkey kong joke and that he was able to give a shout out to an old teammate.... While everyone else is just giving him weird looks.

I mean, he used to drink "cammy cam juice" at auburn as a totally sweet branding idea

Edited by NoSaint

I can totally picture him at 215am watching it again incredibly proud of the attention he got, his hilarious donkey kong joke and that he was able to give a shout out to an old teammate.... While everyone else is just giving him weird looks.

I mean, he used to drink "cammy cam juice" at auburn as a totally sweet branding idea

what a tool

All,

FWIW I am not in any way associated with this board member.

Which would stand to reason as you have never displayed cannibalistic tendencies

Reminds me of a WR we recently let go

Black person acts abnormal = TBD states he is on drugs, shocker

How bills fans don't get lumped in with racist fans like the rams or steelers is beyond me

There is absolutely no place for this crap here... I'm so damn sick of people looking to make things racist... Half of the reason there is such a huge perception of racism is bc of people looking to make things racist that truly aren't!!! 98% sure we have a troll here...

I thought it was funny- a little funny, strange... A little funny, haha...

I thought he was just sick of answering the same questions. Every reporter is trying to figure out whether hes going to play and Cam and the Panthers don't want to tip their hand. Name, rank and serial number. Or in this case, the Lions, protection and Donkey Kong Suh.

I've been referring to him as Donkey Kong Suh since his days in Nebraska. Glad to know I'm not alone.

I thought he was just sick of answering the same questions. Every reporter is trying to figure out whether hes going to play and Cam and the Panthers don't want to tip their hand. Name, rank and serial number. Or in this case, the Lions, protection and Donkey Kong Suh.

I've been referring to him as Donkey Kong Suh since his days in Nebraska. Glad to know I'm not alone.

That whole "protected BY" still blows my mind....