TERRIFIED!

I'm picking the Bills in a survivor pool this week. Ordinarily, I never pick with my "heart" but I'm the opposite of terrified for Sunday. I expect a big fat emotional win.

I'm doing the same thing... It may seem nuts... But if I'm going out, I'm going out on a high!!! :)

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Miami might be the slightly better team but I don't think they're as good as their hype. Nor are the Bills as bad as the national media thinks.

(NFL.com, for example, has the fins at #9 and the Bills at #21 despite identical records).

Although the talent edge goes to Miami, the game is in RWS and the Bills are pumped.

So I expect a close, tough game that could go either way.

As a homer, I have to take the Bills - by 1.

I really don't see Miami with the talent edge in this one at all...And I don't think that's a homer statement... I think player for player the Bills have more talent overall... If ever so slightly...

I do not feel that.

I feel fans getting excited.....but the truth is that the talent at field level wins or loses games, not fans.

I think what is building is pressure on the players to perform at a crazy high level this Sunday and that can be the enemy of execution. If they play well and win this Sunday it will be another hurdle crossed for this team.

Also an incredibly young team that is being asked to keep composure. And execute? They get happy pumped whatever that's fine but just as we beat the bears. They just took the decade long OWNERS of the division to the wood shed. Same euphoria in Miami I'm sure. So today I'll sit on. This game has a 50 percent chance of winning. And a 50 percent chance of losing.

I know you might say I'm a typical Bills "pessimist", but with the big win last week in Chi-town coupled with the news of the Pegula's buying the team, anyone else have "letdown" in the back of their minds in the home opener? Hoping I'm wrong. Go Bills!

they should be as focused and hungry as any Bills team we've seen in the past 10 years. i think miami will be good ths year, so I'm hoping the Bills Fish rivalry is renewed for the next 10 years with Tannehill/Manuel as the star of their teams like Kelly/Marino were! Edited by jester43

I do not feel that.

I feel fans getting excited.....but the truth is that the talent at field level wins or loses games, not fans.

I think what is building is pressure on the players to perform at a crazy high level this Sunday and that can be the enemy of execution. If they play well and win this Sunday it will be another hurdle crossed for this team.

I totally agree with Bado on the pressure on the team.......plz guys just go out and play the game.....

I do however feel that home field fans can have an impact on the game. This is why the bills practice with loud music...this is why as fans we can make the ground shake when the fins offense on the field with the 12th man

I think between the fans, the fact it is the home opener, division rival and the pending change in ownership, this will be one of the biggest Bills win we have seen in a decade.

and the fact that our team might be pretty good too. Makes for a fun Sunday.

I really don't see Miami with the talent edge in this one at all...And I don't think that's a homer statement... I think player for player the Bills have more talent overall... If ever so slightly...

I agree, 5 new O-line men, LBs injured. Where did Miami improve -? RB? Ok maybe but Noshow Mareno is not a top 10 back. Qb? ok, yr two.

Buffalo should take care of business on both sides of the ball on the line. Did Wake miss both games last year? He's their best player.

It was a great game at the Ralph last year against Miami, the first for my 2nd son! I expect some more of same! Go Bills!

I know you might say I'm a typical Bills "pessimist", but with the big win last week in Chi-town coupled with the news of the Pegula's buying the team, anyone else have "letdown" in the back of their minds in the home opener? Hoping I'm wrong. Go Bills!

Before deciding to become terrified, ask yourself what's the worst that can reasonably happen?

Worse-case scenario: the Bills get blown out by the Dolphins.

In the big scheme of things, how much significance would such a defeat really have?

The Bills now have an owner who's very committed to winning. It appears the foundation is now in place for the Bills to build a good football team. Even if the Dolphins expose every single player on the roster as a failure, that foundation has still been laid. The quality of the current roster will determine the length of time it will take for the Bills to become a good team. But it will not necessarily change the long-term future of this team under Pegula's ownership. A long-term future which, at the moment, appears to be very bright.

Before deciding to become terrified, ask yourself what's the worst that can reasonably happen?

Worse-case scenario: the Bills get blown out by the Dolphins.

In the big scheme of things, how much significance would such a defeat really have?

The Bills now have an owner who's very committed to winning. It appears the foundation is now in place for the Bills to build a good football team. Even if the Dolphins expose every single player on the roster as a failure, that foundation has still been laid. The quality of the current roster will determine the length of time it will take for the Bills to become a good team. But it will not necessarily change the long-term future of this team under Pegula's ownership. A long-term future which, at the moment, appears to be very bright.

Well done!! But a win would certainly be glorious!

Line is now pick em. Was Dolphins -1.

So it's the equivalent of dolphins -3 on neutral field. Again, I believe the home field advantage will be a bit more than 3 this game, but has letdown written all over it.

Unless of course some of you real fans sneak some D batteries in. I kid....