What was the deal with that picked up flag for holding Kyle W?

We watched from Lesters, the Bills Backers locale in St. Louis. So we couldn't hear what the call was. The flag hit Kyle in the face, and there was a hold. They picked up the flag. Why? That had a pretty big impact on that drive.

However, the Bills won, and this is the best way for me to celebrate my 60th birthday.

What was the deal? Good question. I'm sure that ref had a deal. I've NEVER seen an O holding penalty flag picked up. EVER. That was a chicken-schit call. As were a few others in that game. I've never been one to blame the refs in a game, they are part of it for both teams, but we had to beat them as well as the Bears today. Not easy to do on the road.

GO BILLS!!!

We watched from Lesters, the Bills Backers locale in St. Louis. So we couldn't hear what the call was. The flag hit Kyle in the face, and there was a hold. They picked up the flag. Why? That had a pretty big impact on that drive.

However, the Bills won, and this is the best way for me to celebrate my 60th birthday.

No explanation from refs at the time. Marrone said they told him that after further reflection, they did not think the hold (or whatever you call it) warranted a penalty.

So will these refs get their pay docked or what? There were so many terrible calls. A few of the interference calls were baffling

All those PIs were complete BS. Pisses me off - if it was just the Bills you could say I'm a homer but it isn't. How the F are DBs supposed to play defense?

There are times when something looks like a blatant penalty but another official with a better view knows that wasn't true. And it's clear on the video replay why it could have seemed like a penalty but wasn't, so the over ruling is warranted. But that wasn't the case here whatsoever. It definitely was something. There was some kind of hold. It's arguable, I guess, that it may not always be a hold. BUT, the only way to OVERTURN that call is if another official with a better view knew it was not a hold at all. And that was NOT at all the case. I have never seen that kind of overturn either.

There are times when something looks like a blatant penalty but another official with a better view knows that wasn't true. And it's clear on the video replay why it could have seemed like a penalty but wasn't, so the over ruling is warranted. But that wasn't the case here whatsoever. It definitely was something. There was some kind of hold. It's arguable, I guess, that it may not always be a hold. BUT, the only way to OVERTURN that call is if another official with a better view knew it was not a hold at all. And that was NOT at all the case. I have never seen that kind of overturn either.

This officiating crew just made the watch list. I'll record the names to see if one or more do not make the cut next year.

They had to pick it up when they saw that Marshall caught the ball for a 1st down. It was such a classic Bills' hose job.

HOWEVER, I think it benefitted us. Marrone chewed those guys' ears off, and I truly believe that the refs were scared to throw the flag on those two near-PI calls on Graham at the end.

Had the same thought re the refs being back on their heels after that (as they should be).

Happy Birthday TC!!

That decision by the refs brought back memories of "just give it to 'em!"