Laid $250 on Bills +7

I can't wait for the day Buffalo can shut the media guys up, both national media and local. I am soooo tired of our local guys (in Rochester we have Roth, Maiorana, and Matthews, et al.) always being down about Buffalo. It is almost as if they enjoy telling us how bad the team is gonna suck again this year. At least at the start of the season they could look at the glass as half full for a change. It is enough to make me really dislike them. And the same guys have been around forever, selling the same tired views. Yeah, I know it has been fourteen years. You don't have to remind me every other day. :wallbash:

It starts out as a joke which gets a couple laughs. "Oh the Bills are x Bad, X could beat them!" and compounds with every playoff less season. It simply isn't funny anymore, which is why the more optimistic of us are annoyed with the naysayers. Most of the time it is people who know nothing about football jumping on the "loser bandwagon" which is even more irritating.

Edited by What a Tuel

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the game is not going to be the easy win for Chicago like prevailing wisdom believes. The Bills have a good D and Chicago was last against the run last year- our big strength. The Bills are a huge question mark right now, but if we lose, it will be close. Good bet IMO.

http://insider.espn....read-every-game

Matchup: Buffalo Bills at Chicago Bears

Current Spread: Bears minus-7

Public consensus pick: 79 percent picked Bears

Public perception: The Bears are getting a lot of public support, with the offense expected to put up a lot of points. And with Jay Cutler throwing to Brandon Marshall and Alshon Jeffery, plus the running of Matt Forte, it's easy to see why. It's mostly been public money pushing this to a full touchdown. Expect this to be another popular teaser play for squares and sharps alike.

Wiseguys' view: There are mixed opinions about whether the Bills will be improved this season. A lot of wiseguys like the Bears, too, but the concern is their defense. I wouldn't be surprised to see the sharps grab the points when this line peaks.

Tuley's Take: This is looking more tempting as the line continues to climb, mainly because of the Bears' lack of defense. However, when I look at the Bills' offense, I don't think they're the team to keep pace with the Bears, plus their defense took a hit with the loss of safety Jairus Byrd to the Saints. I'll need a better offense to take to fade the Bears.

The pick: Pass (pool play: Bears)

http://insider.espn....read-every-game

Tuley's Take: This is looking more tempting as the line continues to climb, mainly because of the Bears' lack of defense. However, when I look at the Bills' offense, I don't think they're the team to keep pace with the Bears, plus their defense took a hit with the loss of safety Jairus Byrd to the Saints. I'll need a better offense to take to fade the Bears.

This should not mean a thing to our run D and pass rush which we all agree are the top 2 defensive attributes that should keep us close.

LET IT RIDE

Oh snap, how do you already know the score? Did you meet someone from the future? Are you from the future? You can tell us if you're from the future.

"ChesterSprings" = code for "the future"

Have we won a Super Bowl yet whenever you're from?

STUPID LIARS FROM THE FUTURE

Edited by Captain Caveman