Sunday is the big reveal !!

K-No

Seriously though. Sunday is what it is: The first game of the season. One game. Maybe a tad more important than many first games, as the Bills want to prove something, but really not much more important than most first games. Let's not undervalue, nor overvalue, the importance of the game.

Preach. Non conference and on the road, this is a chance to play with house money for the Bills. That's how I'd approach it at least. No one expects them to win, if they lay an egg it'll be exactly what all the beat writers have been expecting.

...But if they win?

Look out.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's gonna be completely super awesome sauce when Hackett pulls the double whammy and switcheroo on the Bears who know the Bills have not shown their offense one bit during this vanilla fest preseason. And precisely because the Bears have been forced by the genius vanilla to prepare for all of the 54 other flavors of the Bills attack, Hackett is going to call the same four plays he called during preseason.

The Bears, caught with their proverbial bear pants down, will be completely befuddled and hoodwinked by the wizardry of Hackett's mind gamery, and unable to stop these Spiller runs up the middle and EJ's ingenious dump offs to Fred.

I can't friggin wait to tell you blowhards I told ya so. Because no one admits to being the "I told ya so guy" but me.

Edited by Kelly the Dog

It's gonna be completely super awesome sauce when Hackett pulls the double whammy and switcheroo on the Bears who know the Bills have not shown their offense one bit during this vanilla fest preseason. And precisely because the Bears have been forced by the genius vanilla to prepare for all of the 54 other flavors of the Bills attack, Hackett is going to call the same four plays he called during preseason.

The Bears, caught with their proverbial bear pants down, will be completely befuddled and hoodwinked by the wizardry of Hackett's mind gamery, and unable to stop these Spiller runs up the middle and EJ's ingenious dump offs to Fred.

I can't friggin wait to tell you blowhards I told ya so. Because no one admits to being the "I told ya so guy" but me.

:lol: :lol:

I think saint doug is going to surprise everybody this year. Team chemistry is at an all time high after his players have been fighting with each other throughout camp then the players learn that their very own leader thinks it is gonna take a miracle to turn their sorry butts into a winner. Think about how great and confident they must be feeling about themselves!

I think this strategy is really going to pay off. I have seen it work first hand. Every time my son does something wrong, I tell him it is going to take a miracle for him not to screw something up. Works like a charm.

Sunday is the day the Bills showcase their double super-secret plays they have waiting for the regular season.

Hmmm... So the Bills cannot execute those same 8 vanilla plays they ran all game long for 5 straight pre-season games, but will come out smoking with the new regular season plays. This should be exciting..can't wait!

Championship! :thumbsup:

You sound like you're from Bawstan...go put a Patsies jersey on Go Bills!

Sunday is the day the Bills showcase their double super-secret plays they have waiting for the regular season.

Hmmm... So the Bills cannot execute those same 8 vanilla plays they ran all game long for 5 straight pre-season games, but will come out smoking with the new regular season plays. This should be exciting..can't wait!

Championship! :thumbsup:

What's your screen name stand for?

The bears defense is awful. i watched the first team twice in preseason and they looked lost. penalties, blown assignments, gaps etc.

Cutler only hail Mary's Jeffrey, he got his crazy numbers last year from McCown. Bennett is the guy who we need to worry about on offense with no Kiko or Nigel to run with him.

This will be a low scoring game and we'll keep it close. Robey gets a pick and so does Aaron.

Bills win on a long FG and disappoint all you whiners and pessimists.

Fully expecting some designed Sammy screens or end-arounds.

Yup, probably 2 of them for negative yardage and 1 for like 10 yards. Probably a double reverse also because Hackett "saw Percy do it Thursday"... Oh 'gadget plays'

Fully expecting some designed Sammy screens or end-arounds.

I can just see Marrone and Hackett watching the Seahawks game and saying 'look at how they use Percy Harvin'...a light bulb going on over Hacketts head but Marrone says 'man i wish we had a guy like that'!

To the OP. I never understood the entire 'do not show any plays in the preseason' mentality. I mean why not practice all your plays? If you are telling me you are saving them for the first game, great! We will 'win' the first half of the first game.The element of surprise works to some degree but teams adjust every series and at half. The fact that we saw pretty much the same offense as last year during preseason, should clue everyone in to what we are going to see this year.

Edited by atlbillsfan1975

Seriously though. Sunday is what it is: The first game of the season. One game. Maybe a tad more important than many first games, as the Bills want to prove something, but really not much more important than most first games. Let's not undervalue, nor overvalue, the importance of the game.

Eh, I think all games are important, from beginning to the end. There are only 16 games in the season. Unless the Bills lose, then it didn't really matter in the grand scheme of things. Obviously.

He has a boo boo. His ribs are sore. Maybe they can put a red jersey on him so nobody hits him

According to the Bills injury report anyway, Watkins practiced fully wed-fri and is probable to start. Of course he started against the Lions and went 1 or 2 plays I believe so who knows.

Gilmore is listed as questionable. I knew he was gimpy but if he can't go at all the Bills are in trouble.

One of your finest moments Kelly. i laughed pretty good there. especially " Bear Pants "

I would imagine the Bills want to try to take advantage of the Bears secondary. and on the other side of the ball , get Cutler rattled early . a dash of Pettines disguiseing would be fun to watch . and unexpected .

Gotta think this is a milestone game for the team.

Sets the tone. They are in dire need of a strong game win or lose .

And yes Nate needs to show off a little with his adjustments and game planning.

Its time for him to go back upstairs and see the big picture as it unfolds.

I sure hope this new O line gets dialed in quickly.

I'm starting to sense some sarcasm here....

Its just you./ end sarcasm

The bears defense is awful. i watched the first team twice in preseason and they looked lost. penalties, blown assignments, gaps etc.

Cutler only hail Mary's Jeffrey, he got his crazy numbers last year from McCown. Bennett is the guy who we need to worry about on offense with no Kiko or Nigel to run with him.

This will be a low scoring game and we'll keep it close. Robey gets a pick and so does Aaron.

Bills win on a long FG and disappoint all you whiners and pessimists.

Don't sleep on Forte !

i pick a win also

According to the Bills injury report anyway, Watkins practiced fully wed-fri and is probable to start. Of course he started against the Lions and went 1 or 2 plays I believe so who knows.

Gilmore is listed as questionable. I knew he was gimpy but if he can't go at all the Bills are in trouble.

Gilmore is key. I am concerned even if he is healthy .

Cutler will want to throw to Marshall on that side of the field.

Edited by 3rdand12

Cyrus K. is going to be a surprise starter and pancake the bears Orlando Pace style as CJ. Bryce Brown and Fred Jackson each gain over 100 yards (they all need a turn)

Awesome. I think that's the only chance the Bills really have is to run run and run the ball. Asking E.J. to throw is going to be a big mistake IMO.

Show us this defense is the best in the NFL!!!

+1...they'll have to have some answers on third and long for this to be so. The past generation of Bills football has left me cautiously optimistic, though emotionally fortified against failure.

Unless the Bills lose, then it didn't really matter in the grand scheme of things.

You mean, like, weighed against the fact that our sun will burn out in 5 billion years?