Marrone yells to Russ "go ahead and fire me"

papazoid

I reject the notion the Tuel wasn't putting in the work. He was in great shape and according to reports he put in the time.

I've an idea why EJ didn't receive any 'rise to the challenge' call outs and I imagine my ideas differ from yours. Which game was it that EJ confirmed to the media that EJ did a good job because his coaches said so? I seriously don't remembers hitch game it was...this preseason was one big blur of offensive ineptitude.

What about watching tape. meeting with the OL, the WRs? Are you positive he was putting in the mental work? What about Thad? How about their personalities and dispositions. Do you know those as well?

You have an idea---and believe it completely, That's the problem, because you know nothing. And neither do I for that matter. The difference between us is, since I understand that, I try to consider all the possibilities. Your arrogance leads you to believe you have all the answers. I just wonder why those answers are always negative.

• Replies 761
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Why would he publicly critize the backups? Why would he not care about their confidence. Our backups played 6 games last year...it served no purpose to openly critize them but Doug did. I think you missed my original point. My point wasn't 'Doug should openly critize EJ' but 'why would Doug critize Jeff and Thad but coddle EJ?

At least in theory, part of the motivation could have been helping Tuel clear waivers for the practice squad

What about watching tape. meeting with the OL, the WRs? Are you positive he was putting in the mental work? What about Thad? How about their personalities and dispositions. Do you know those as well?

You have an idea---and believe it completely, That's the problem, because you know nothing. And neither do I for that matter. The difference between us is, since I understand that, I try to consider all the possibilities. Your arrogance leads you to believe you have all the answers. I just wonder why those answers are always negative.

So, I tell you why I think what I think and you call it arrogance? Interesting.

I also gotta say, you're quite distasteful. I offer you my thoughts and you label me negative and arrogant. This aggression will not stand man. At no point did I suggest I had inside information or answers. Your proclaiming I said that doesn't make it so. I didn't. The problem with guys like you, Dean, is that you don't want discussion, you want argument and you want to conquer people with different opinions to make yourself feel superior. I feel sorry for you man. Learn to have a discussion even with people who have different views. And you'll find that you'll go a lot further if you don't inform people of what you've decided their opinions are. Good luck man, I really hope you can learn to have more cordial discussions because you're a smart guy, I can tell by how you write...but you're very rude and confrontational. I really hope you work on that. As for football, I'm done discussing it with you on this thread because I don't want an argument man.

At least in theory, part of the motivation could have been helping Tuel clear waivers for the practice squad

I like that! But I think Doug's to straightforward of a guy for that masquerade. But I like that idea. It's interesting.

If I can liken this to my marriage. Me and my wife have argued over the years about, spending money, the children, where to go on vacation, etc, etc. But at the end of the day, we didn't hold a grudge and we both knew the other wanted what was best for the family, and we loved each other. We both made concessions at times. So my point here is that these guys can fight like dogs, but that doesn't mean they hold grudges or don't like each other. They can fight and still work great togerther and actually be effective. The key is respect. If they still respect each other but can fight over football decisions and work at compromise, they they can be a very effective team. As a matter of fact, that kind of a relationship can work to make a team better. Let's hope this is the case.

that's cool.. let's hope it's as healthy a relationship as you share

If I can liken this to my marriage. Me and my wife have argued over the years about, spending money, the children, where to go on vacation, etc, etc. But at the end of the day, we didn't hold a grudge and we both knew the other wanted what was best for the family, and we loved each other. We both made concessions at times. So my point here is that these guys can fight like dogs, but that doesn't mean they hold grudges or don't like each other. They can fight and still work great togerther and actually be effective. The key is respect. If they still respect each other but can fight over football decisions and work at compromise, they they can be a very effective team. As a matter of fact, that kind of a relationship can work to make a team better. Let's hope this is the case.

Great post. Going to need pics of your wife tho

If they argue but respect each other we will be fine. If it's argue and hatred, we in trouble

So, I tell you why I think what I think and you call it arrogance? Interesting.

I also gotta say, you're quite distasteful. I offer you my thoughts and you label me negative and arrogant. This aggression will not stand man. At no point did I suggest I had inside information or answers. Your proclaiming I said that doesn't make it so. I didn't. The problem with guys like you, Dean, is that you don't want discussion, you want argument and you want to conquer people with different opinions to make yourself feel superior. I feel sorry for you man. Learn to have a discussion even with people who have different views. And you'll find that you'll go a lot further if you don't inform people of what you've decided their opinions are. Good luck man, I really hope you can learn to have more cordial discussions because you're a smart guy, I can tell by how you write...but you're very rude and confrontational. I really hope you work on that. As for football, I'm done discussing it with you on this thread because I don't want an argument man.

I like that! But I think Doug's to straightforward of a guy for that masquerade. But I like that idea. It's interesting.

Pardon me, but I have seen no reasonable discussion from you on this issue. Where is the "If this, then that" in your argument? You simply assume the worst. Maybe you think that's reasonable, I don't. Nor do I think "everything is fine here, nothing to worry about" is fine. When I find you weighing the alternatives, discussing all the possibilities, I will cut you slack. But when I see you pissing in the pool, on every issue, I will call you out.

Pardon me, but I have seen no reasonable discussion from you on this issue. Where is the "If this, then that" in your argument? You simply assume the worst. Maybe you think that's reasonable, I don't. Nor do I think "everything is fine here, nothing to worry about" is fine. When I find you weighing the alternatives, discussing all the possibilities, I will cut you slack. But when I see you pissing in the pool, on every issue, I will call you out.

yo.. take it easy.. it's the Dude, for cryin out loud

I dont feel like that level of info is normally known by outsiders. I can add a little info on extra work though because I went to about 10 practices this year. It was common after practice to see Tuel and Manuel taking turns throwing to certain receivers against air. I never saw Manuel do this without Tuel. I don't remember seeing Thad do it

Edited by Just Nguyen

"I will call you out." Spoken like an overly confrontational narcissistic megalomaniac. I gave reasons for my opinions, whether you choose to accept whether I did or didn't is out of my control and not something I care about. Enjoy your night, it's game day tomorrow.

I don't know about Thad, but Tuel got high praise from the coaches at the beginning of the off season. He put on weight and was said to be devouring the play book to the point where he would know it as well as Hackett. Those are some of the reasons he became the number 2, Marrone said he deserved it.

It has been said by me and others that IF Marrone is coddling EJ's confidence the Bills already have a problem. Your QB needs to be able to handle competition and if they know EJ can't that is even worse.

It has been said by me and others that IF Marrone is coddling EJ's confidence the Bills already have a problem. Your QB needs to be able to handle competition and if they know EJ can't that is even worse.

i see where some of you guys are getting that 'boss's kid' vibe from the way they're handling EJ, and you're right on.. but the thing is, it may be the best approach

I don't think there's any doubt about Tuel's work ethic. There are similarities between the mentalities of him and Manuel. Characteristics that the staff really like.

Tuel simply is not talented enough, yet. Watch the Tampa game and see him overthrow two simple flat routes. One right after the other. Those are short, easy throws that Manuel makes fairly consistently at this point and Tuel is not at that level, yet.

I don't believe this management and coaching team has what it takes to develop a championship team. They may get a little better or not, but this group will not get them to a champion level. Unless the new owner cleans house, I expect Marrone will be around for another year, then Schwartz will take over for a couple years, then it will finally be clean house time. Rinse and repeat.

I think Brandon will survive no matter what because Mary Wilson likes him and won't want the new owner to let him go.

Pegula wont care about that, he came here to win superbowls.

Hitler was a bad GM/ owner, kinda like Jerry Jones :devil:

That's actually a good analogy. They both had some big early victories and then thought they were invincible........And, luckily, they then couldn't make a good decision to save their lives.

"I will call you out." Spoken like an overly confrontational narcissistic megalomaniac. I gave reasons for my opinions, whether you choose to accept whether I did or didn't is out of my control and not something I care about. Enjoy your night, it's game day tomorrow.

The Dude abides.

Pegula wont care about that, he came here to win superbowls.

Yes, the plural form of superbowl.

Forgive me, Team Pegula, I am up like a kid on Christmas morning!

Why would Brandon hire both. Manos and Marrone given their obvious dislike for one another? I am optimistc that we wont have to endure much more of this. Any new owner would be foolish not to blow up this entire Front office and coaching staff and begin a TRUE rebuilding of this organization. President Bill Polian has a nice ring to it.

I dont feel like that level of info is normally known by outsiders. I can add a little info on extra work though because I went to about 10 practices this year. It was common after practice to see Tuel and Manuel taking turns throwing to certain receivers against air. I never saw Manuel do this without Tuel. I don't remember seeing Thad do it

I don't know about Thad, but Tuel got high praise from the coaches at the beginning of the off season. He put on weight and was said to be devouring the play book to the point where he would know it as well as Hackett. Those are some of the reasons he became the number 2, Marrone said he deserved it.

Good stuff. But the point WASN'T that Tuel didn't put the work in. I was just thinking of possibilities why Marrone might treat one player differently than another. There are many, I just threw that out there as a "for instance". When someone admits they can't understand why a HC would use different motivations for different players, I'm guessing it's because they are too mentally lazy to think about it. Or they have made up their mind, because of some prior belief or agenda---make the facts fit the theory.

Edited by The Dean

I don't think there's any doubt about Tuel's work ethic. There are similarities between the mentalities of him and Manuel. Characteristics that the staff really like.

Tuel simply is not talented enough, yet. Watch the Tampa game and see him overthrow two simple flat routes. One right after the other. Those are short, easy throws that Manuel makes fairly consistently at this point and Tuel is not at that level, yet.

His ball placement was bad all preseason and a disappointment (to me anyway) so when the coaches soured on him as a guy who could be counted on if needed it made sense to me.

I must add though that I was also puzzled by his inaccuracy because I was pretty confident he was able to make the throws he was missing.