CJ Spiller for kick-off returns ?

jaybee

No question he could add some spark to special teams. Not sure I like the idea though. The risk of injury concerns me. Granted, many kick-offs go out of the end zone these days but losing him to injury on a kick off would be a bummer.

What do you guys think of this move? Questionable move ??.........or am I just a nervous nelly dope to worry about something silly like this ? Thanks.

Why the hell would you have spiller return kicks? Is Marrone trying to get himself fired at the end of the year?

Because you want to put your best players on the field. The RB depth is pretty good. Even if Spiller is dinged they have others to step in. Good move by Marrone. This team needs a spark. CJ needs a spark.

Because you want to put your best players on the field. The RB depth is pretty good. Even if Spiller is dinged they have others to step in. Good move by Marrone. This team needs a spark. CJ needs a spark.

Physics says Spiller runs a higher risk of getting injured returning punts. Can't we get a 3 rd string corners or a #5 wr to do this stuff? Insanity. In light of whats coming out today there is big disagreements how players are being used by Marrone. Maybe he really is trying to get himself canned.

they like Bryce Brown. they feel like "saving" CJ would be a waste because if he gets hurt then oh well, there's 2 other good RB's. they are trying to win games at all cost

ps, i always put CJ back on KO returns in madden...he's hard to bring down

This thread...I'm havign a falshback..like I've responded to it before...

......and that is very useful information. Much appreciated. Keep that coming...please.

It does sound like I'm not the only one questioning this curious move. If CJ gets hurt....especially now with recent developments, it could be yet another nail in the coffin of Coach Marrone. I'm a big fan of Coach Doug but I am starting to wonder a little bit. Almost seems like he doesn't have the team behind him. But...its probably just the media creating its' normal junk. Creating controversy. Selling advertising. All of that stuff.

Whatever the case: winning cures all ills and if we eek out a win week one on the road this will all be forgotten. Maybe CJ will even take one to the house ! How cool would that be ? I'll eat crow right here if he does. Gladly. Many thanks everybody.

Edited by jaybee

I agree. Spiller and even EJ (in terms of running) have been treated like sacred cows. They need to earn their money, score touchdowns, and win us football games.

they like Bryce Brown.

So do I. I think he will be a factor in the Bills offense and get the football in the end zone.

......and that is very useful information. Much appreciated. Keep that coming...please.

It does sound like I'm not the only one questioning this curious move. If CJ gets hurt....especially now with recent developments, it could be yet another nail in the coffin of Coach Marrone. I'm a big fan of Coach Doug but I am starting to wonder a little bit. Almost seems like he doesn't have the team behind him. But...its probably just the media creating its' normal junk. Creating controversy. Selling advertising. All of that stuff.

Whatever the case: winning cures all ills and if we eek out a win week one on the road this will all be forgotten. Maybe CJ will even take one to the house ! How cool would that be ? I'll eat crow right here if he does. Gladly. Many thanks everybody.

This same exact thread already exists....happy to help

Edited by Mr. WEO