CJ Spiller for kick-off returns ?

jaybee

I think the first time I ever saw CJ play at Clemson I tuned in to hear how they had put him in to return the kickoff and how exciting that was. I thought "late in the game, trying to create some drama". I'll be damned if he didn't run it back for a TD! Dangerous guy but I doubt he'll have too many chances to amaze or get hurt on kick returns in today's NFL. From scrimmage, I hope for magic!

Physics says Spiller runs a higher risk of getting injured returning punts. Can't we get a 3 rd string corners or a #5 wr to do this stuff? Insanity. In light of whats coming out today there is big disagreements how players are being used by Marrone. Maybe he really is trying to get himself canned.

Special Teams is 1/3 of the game and we need playmakers. If Spiller can do it, then you got to let him play. Always put your best players on the field. Good things will happen. Injuries are part of this game.

Pete Carroll takes Earl Thomas off punt returns: http://www.nfl.com/n...ff-punt-returns

Pete Carroll has heard your complaints. Earl Thomas will no longer be the team's primary punt returner.

The Seahawks coach announced Wednesday that Bryan Walters will be returning punts this week. Thomas and Doug Baldwin will still be in the mix, but Carroll said it would benefit the team to have Thomas fully focused on defense.

The funny thing is, Spiller got hurt on the first KO and didn't play the first seven plays or so. He was supposed to start and he immediately called Fred to come in after the return. Then they put in Boobie for a run before Spiller even entered the game. Ultimately he was just shaken up a little like he often is, and then had the biggest play of the game.