Biggest NON-EJ worry for 2014

I'm tired of all the EJ talk. I actually think he will pleasantly surprise people this year. But I am interested to hear your concerns about other areas of the team.

My big concern happens to be, I worry about a serious drop off from Stephon Gilmore this year. I fear that the new rule changes will hinder the physicality that was his strong suit.

Also concerned with the fact that this O-line has had such little time together. Marrone has downplayed the importance of continuity during camp, saying it's more important to find the best 5. We shall see.

Edited by BillnutinHouston

Not the biggest, but a concern is our punter. If we are going to focus on running the ball and stopping the run we are going to need a punter who can back opposing offenses up consistently. Hopefully this new guy can get it done.

I think the secondary is a concern, not necessarily for the loss of Byrd, but to the point you mentioned about Gilmore, and then if Leodis can stay healthy. For some reason (just a gut feeling), I worry about our K/P and hope they don't end up costing us a game at some point.

Kyle Orton. It's looking more and more likely that our QB problem will soon be with Orton. He's getting $5 Million which seems needlessly high. Money like that would be crazy to spend on a last minute acquisition who just announced retirement, UNLESS they intend for him to be starting sooner than later, IMO.

- Sammy's injury. Palmer's hit was fairly benign and you could tell that Sammy was in pain after that hit

- OL getting it together and how quickly can Glenn get back in shape

- Cornerbacks

I'm tired of all the EJ talk. I actually think he will pleasantly surprise people this year. But I am interested to hear your concerns about other areas of the team.

Mine big concern happens to be, I worry about a serious drop off from Stephon Gilmore this year. I fear that the new rule changes will hinder the physicality that was his strong suit.

Also concerned with the fact that this O-line has had such little time together. Marrone has downplayed the importance of continuity during camp, saying it's more important to find the best 5. We shall see.

I refuse to "worry" about the reality tv entertainment series known as the nfl...

However as a big fan with that perspective in

Mind... The most paramount thing on any bills fans' mind this year should be ownership. Nothing else is more important to the future of the franchise than who buys the team.

As for the on the field product?

I agree the secondary is a big question mark. With Bryd and a defensive coach that excelled in getting pass pressure both gone, I expect the d to be stout run stuffers under Schwarz, but it's tough to be good at everything.

In my belief the best coverage LB, kiko is missing... Spikes is a run thumper, but a liability in coverage (or at least was in NE)... So better v run may lead to worse vs pass.

As others pointed out Gilmore's style of play isn't favored by what's indicated as a even bigger microscope on downfield contact...

This should be tested early as Chicago had a phenomenal WR group. Lets hops Gilmore can adapt and return to where he was in 2012.... I expect the rules if enforced heavily will hurt all DBs, not just our guy.

Eleven new starters on the team. How long before the team begins to play as a cohesive unit?

Offensive Line Play

This and the DB rule enforcement. Actually injuries in general but the ones to our starters before the season has started even, has me a bit worried too. And the owner thing off the field.