If you live in the market of a different NFL team...

YoloinOhio

If you live in the market of a different NFL team...  

232 members have voted

1. 1. Have you:

• Become a fan of that team (but 2nd to the Bills)?
    • Become a fan of that team (more than the Bills)?
    • Grown to strongly dislike that team?
    • Become apathetic to that team, despite all the coverage/knowledge you get?

I moved to Ohio 21 years ago. I still don't care about the Browns or Bengals, despite living smack dab in the middle. I have a family member who is currently high up in the FO of another team. He has been with the FOs of 2 other NFL teams as well since 1997. Yet I still am not a "real" fan of his current team or the two that came before. Sure, I hope they do well for his livelihood. But its nothing like I feel about the team I was born to be a fan of.

Curious about the rest of you - Love, hate, or indifference toward the team you are surrounded by vs the one you were born into?

Edited by YoloinOhio

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am in the middle of Ravens and Deadskins country - about evenly split I would say. I loath the Skins. I am more apathetic to the Ravens. At least they have real fans and Baltimore is a great NFL city. I would NEVER flip the switch though. Bills fan for life. If they were to move or cease to exist (does not look at all likely) I would just be done with the NFL.

I live in the Cleveland area. I like the Browns and want them to do well, but NEVER at the Bills' expense. Johnny Football has brought some excitement here. To me, he's like a young Brett Favre and he brings a lot of excitement to the game. Much unlike EJ, about whom I feel, "Meh."

By the way, my nickname here in hockey circles is "Buffalo," if that gives you any indication of the strength of my fandom.

And I've also lived in Detroit and DC, and didn't give a crap about either of those teams.

Go Bills!

Edited by BuffalOhio

Living here in north cenral pa. It`s ruff with these redneck stullar fans. Don`t even mention the Bills, we sux, super loses,Still saying Boy I like losing super bowls. Many,many, smart remarks.

I work for a company with HQ in Pitt so I work with tons of stiller fans. It is a very obnoxious fan base that thinks their team is better than it is the last few years.

i moved to charlotte and i view the panthers as a novelty. it's fun to go to a game that doesn't overlap a Bills game, but I dont root for them. they usually have at least 1-2 prime time games a year, so that's exciting being right downtown. I was a fan last year though when the Pats came here, I think everyone was. but yeah, i'll never root for them unless the game they're playing has implications for the Bills.

i moved to charlotte and i view the panthers as a novelty. it's fun to go to a game that doesn't overlap a Bills game, but I dont root for them. they usually have at least 1-2 prime time games a year, so that's exciting being right downtown. I was a fan last year though when the Pats came here, I think everyone was. but yeah, i'll never root for them unless the game they're playing has implications for the Bills.

I assume it can be easy to get sucked into the excitement if a team that was bad for awhile got back to the playoffs (as long as it was a different division). But I guess that didn't hold true with me and the Bungles. I don't care whether they win or lose, and many of their "fans" don't either.