Please name any Bills player that has defended EJ's play this seas

You have yourself as a self proclaimed head jock strap rinser.....Hard to take your statement serious.

I try not to be too serious yes. I love my Bills and also my die hard Bills fans. I have no hate but I like a good football debate every once in a while.

when EJ has a crisp opener, going 18 of 24 for 200 yards and 2 TD's in Chicago...they'll all be singing his praises....You'll see, you'll all see....

I would love that to happen more than anything.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It seems as tho the OP was asking a question and reaching out to fellow TBD'ers for info or quotes from other team members showing their support for the teams chosen QB. The OP didn't ask about which teammates didn't publicly Support EJ, But rather the ones who did. Why try to "call the OP out" about something that he wasn't looking for to begin with?

I don't believe he was asking a serious question, just another "crafty" EJ bash. If I am wrong, I apologize, but I don't think I am.

I'm quickly getting driven from this board. How many of these can there be? I came here because I've been an out of town bills fan all my life, I have no ties to WNY, I got Erie, PA networks as well as Cleveland networks where I grew up, and sided with the bills as a child despite my entire family being Browns fans, and most of my friends being bandwagon fans of whoever was good at the time. I've spent my life completely isolated. I came here to finally talk BB football with anyone else who gave a crap about who the 5th WR was. I've gotten some of that, but now 95% is nothing but EJ bashing. I root for him just like i do the bills, mostly because of the underdog angle for both. I just can't take it, its beyond my comprehension why so many people can be so fiitself on the negative before the season starts. The one thing I can say for sure from living in the Cleveland area is that running coaches and QB's out of town the first time they don't live up to your expectations WILL NEVER WORK! Please do not continue on this carousel, because it only denies you what you should crave most, which is a functional franchise that competes for championships not high draft picks. Negativity breeds itself, and its gotten like the population of China around here.

Go EJ! Go Bills!

Thanks for the post. You are not alone.

As you can see I wasn't the only one. Your new around here you'll understand soon. By the way I'm still waiting to hear one.

All you did was point out how many other posters have strayed from the OP's original question, in turn, further proving my point.

And you're halfway right, I haven't been posting for very long. But that does not mean that I haven't been reading for quite some time. So to assume that I don't "understand", as you say, is actually a pretty shallow assumption to make.

As far as you "still waiting to hear one", again, the OP was asking fellow board members for their knowledge of teammates public support regarding EJ Manuel. Yet you continue to ask him for his teammates public displeasure about EJ Manuel. This is the exact opposite of what the original post was about.

To answer the OP's question, I did a quick search and was unable to find any public statements from any of his teammates regarding their support. I am sure if I dug deeper, I would have found something. However, the fact that one would have to dig so deep to find public statements about his teammates support, suggests that they do not have a lot of faith in him. The lack of statements speaks volumes, IMO.

First off the OP is entitled to his opinion as is anybody on this wall. People here including the long timers need to respect that. Anyone at anytime can state an opinion. Anyone at anytime can like or dislike your opinion and give you theirs.

It's the murican way

Actuallly......that is only part true.....

WHen a fans opinion becomes a broken record and it becomes pretty much the ONLY thing they are espressing on the boards it becomes "crusading"

Crusading is a frowned upon practice according to the TOS.

Murray makes this opinion not only well known here but also on the buffalo bills main message board.

The horse has been beaten to death.....electricuted....brought back to life......beat some more....then killed again....then then turned to glue...then the glue has been made into a EJ statue....then beaten up again

All you did was point out how many other posters have strayed from the OP's original question, in turn, further proving my point.

And you're halfway right, I haven't been posting for very long. But that does not mean that I haven't been reading for quite some time. So to assume that I don't "understand", as you say, is actually a pretty shallow assumption to make.

As far as you "still waiting to hear one", again, the OP was asking fellow board members for their knowledge of teammates public support regarding EJ Manuel. Yet you continue to ask him for his teammates public displeasure about EJ Manuel. This is the exact opposite of what the original post was about.

To answer the OP's question, I did a quick search and was unable to find any public statements from any of his teammates regarding their support. I am sure if I dug deeper, I would have found something. However, the fact that one would have to dig so deep to find public statements about his teammates support, suggests that they do not have a lot of faith in him. The lack of statements speaks volumes, IMO.

The OP and a few others continually turn threads and posts into EJ bashing. Most of the others and myself got it a long time ago YOU DON'T WANT OR LIKE EJ, which is fine we just need to hear it all the time. That is called crusading which is against the TOS of TBD. Me assuming because your new you may not understand something on this board, because your new, is not shallow in any way shape or form. How did you even come to that conclusion is beyond me. As far as the search for support you could not have looked far because many examples have been given in this thread. If you look at the thread above me John from Hemet hits the nail on the head better than I do.

They canned 3 of the 4 QB's over the last several days and not one person including coaches has came out on record saying EJ's our guy since then. I have no idea about how it works at other people's jobs but if 3 of 4 folks with the same job title as me lose their job at work, I'd be a little concerned. If I'm the 1 of 4 remaining, I'd like to hear something to the effect about how the management wants to keep me around. Call me crazy but it's been a QB bloodbath at OBD, major changes and minimal words spoken. Notice how there's not been a press conference welcoming Orton ? Wonder what they might ask Orton or the coach when their sitting there ?

Lets all get off our fan horse and on the reality hobby horse, it's rocking.

First of all....I wont be climbing on your horse....its looks and smells funny......

Second.....maybe they dont feel they need to say anything? Which they dont

The coaches & management are scrambling to get new QB's in house but I'd like to hear the EJ support from his teammates. Has any team members spoke up and said EJ is our QB or even mentioned leader ? The guy has been a hot mess this off-season, so are the players supporting him & his play ??

I've heard positive comments on WGR from Robert Woods, Eric Wood and Scott Chandler. Mike Williams after the Pittsburgh practice. Etc

They canned 3 of the 4 QB's over the last several days and not one person including coaches has came out on record saying EJ's our guy since then. I have no idea about how it works at other people's jobs but if 3 of 4 folks with the same job title as me lose their job at work, I'd be a little concerned. If I'm the 1 of 4 remaining, I'd like to hear something to the effect about how the management wants to keep me around. Call me crazy but it's been a QB bloodbath at OBD, major changes and minimal words spoken. Notice how there's not been a press conference welcoming Orton ? Wonder what they might ask Orton or the coach when their sitting there ?

Lets all get off our fan horse and on the reality hobby horse, it's rocking.

You're crazy. Trying to drum up something that is just not there. What's your beef with EJ? Season hasnt even started. Lets see what he does. I'm not a diehard EJ supporter but I'm willing to give him a free pass on the PRESEASON so that I can see what he does during the actual season.

WHen a fans opinion becomes a broken record and it becomes pretty much the ONLY thing they are espressing on the boards it becomes "crusading"

Murray makes this opinion not only well known here but also on the buffalo bills main message board.

The horse has been beaten to death.....electricuted....brought back to life......beat some more....then killed again....then then turned to glue...then the glue has been made into a EJ statue....then beaten up again

Pretty impressive when you explain it that way..

So we have a deadhorseglue statue of EJ to to whip upon.

seems reasonable enough for the boards of late :beer:

But does this horse glue statue stare down it's receivers? What are it's mechanics like?

I bet a horse glue statue could get the Bills to at least 10-6.

But does this horse glue statue stare down it's receivers? What are it's mechanics like?

I bet a horse glue statue could get the Bills to at least 10-6.

More importantly is the horse injury prone? How's his body language does he hang his head? Due to the coaches the 10-6 recorded had to be adjusted down to 8-7-1. :nana:

Crusade ?? I ask a simple question, after the preseason games are over, who on the team praised EJ ? Is that bashing him ? Is that bashing anyone ? I want to know who said way to go after to these games ? Is EJ is the team's main guy ? The other QB's got thrown away immediately after the preseason was over, 4 out of 5 QB's in a week.

I guess this could be considered a problem from myself but I'm not a team mate, just a Bills Fan. I grew up near the Buffalo airport, never seen too much money there but I seen a lot of friends and family. Spent many of my days hoping for better, maybe more than I deserved but I hoped. I hoped for a better day, maybe one I could see a championship. I watched my Mom who was very sick at the time cry after we lost our Super Bowl 25, wide right really upset her and everyone around me. She passed later that year, in late August. I spent many a day seeing ups and downs, curves and tears over the next 3 Super Bowls hoping we'd get one just so I could think for one moment she'd be proud of our town. I never really got the chance after that era ended, haven't seen much chance since.

I guess all of you have a story or two to share, some probably too prideful or ashamed to express how those dark days for the team affected your lives. I'll call it personal during that time, didn't really need much more stress or hope that never came around but I'll assure you of one thing. If I see a issue that comes to light at any point when I watch the Bills, I'll point it out. I'm not going to sugarcoat the facts nor will I call things good when they're not, it's the way it is. If EJ's play has inspired you to believe that the team has a man that can lead us to greatness, I won't take your hope away. If you're living a false hope, then you can't blame anyone but the man in the mirror.

We all stand united as Bills fans, take every mentioned on the boards as a learning experience. We all don't know it all, especially all the reporters or coaches until it plays out but maybe there's a few that express themselves early having seen a problem or two go by, those might be the ones that make a difference for a call for change. It always needs to be a change for the better, come what may. I wish us the best season possible, come what may. God bless us all.

Does it? If you did the same quick search, would you come up with public statements from any of his teammates regarding their support of, say, Andrew Luck? Or Drew Brees? or Colin Kaepernick, who may be a good example as SF has not looked world beating this season? Eli Manning?

My point is, statements of teammates publically supporting a QB strike me as unusual and actually implying a controversy. When we had Trent Edwards going into the season after a sucky previous year which saw him being termed "Captain Checkdown" and the infamous "Hey There Trent Edwards" song, we had him being named a Team Captain and all kinds of public statements of support, KWIM? We had Jim Kelly praising him, teammates talking about his leadership and how the "C" on his uniform showed what they thought of him, on and on. He was benched for Fitzy just a few games later and flung out the door shortly afterwards.

I think no news is good news on the "public statements" front, myself. Silence should be taken as consent, or at least as lack of perceived need to "spin" something.

I'm quickly getting driven from this board. How many of these can there be? I came here because I've been an out of town bills fan all my life, I have no ties to WNY, I got Erie, PA networks as well as Cleveland networks where I grew up, and sided with the bills as a child despite my entire family being Browns fans, and most of my friends being bandwagon fans of whoever was good at the time. I've spent my life completely isolated. I came here to finally talk BB football with anyone else who gave a crap about who the 5th WR was. I've gotten some of that, but now 95% is nothing but EJ bashing. I root for him just like i do the bills, mostly because of the underdog angle for both. I just can't take it, its beyond my comprehension why so many people can be so fiitself on the negative before the season starts. The one thing I can say for sure from living in the Cleveland area is that running coaches and QB's out of town the first time they don't live up to your expectations WILL NEVER WORK! Please do not continue on this carousel, because it only denies you what you should crave most, which is a functional franchise that competes for championships not high draft picks. Negativity breeds itself, and its gotten like the population of China around here.

Go EJ! Go Bills!

Go EJ! Go Bills!

Stay with it - there are some fans here that don't want to spend all their time bashing the players we have. You just have to go to the right threads. EJ had some very mature comments about needing to be very optimistic to be successful and overcome the negativity. Can you imagine trying to play professional football with all the armchair coaches trashing you all the time who couldn't even start at QB for their high school team.

Crusade ?? I ask a simple question, after the preseason games are over, who on the team praised EJ ? Is that bashing him ?

What is your intent behind asking what most so far have considered to be an extremely loaded question? Again, under what circumstance would you expect someone to voice this support? If you think someone should have voiced support, wouldn't it also be weird that no one has come out in support of other players who have not played well in the last two preseason games? (Spiller, Chandler, O-line, etc....) And finally, what do those other 4 QBs have to do with EJ?

Crusade ?? I ask a simple question, after the preseason games are over, who on the team praised EJ ? Is that bashing him ? Is that bashing anyone ?

In a vacuum, it's a simple question and not bashing, though I'm not sure it means what you appear to imply.

When it's already been asked in other of your recent posts and you combine it with all your stuff about how Orton will be playing instead of EJ and anyone who disagrees with you is a fool and a "homer" the wheels are already off already and so forth and so on.... it's a crusade. Stop. Just. Stop.

The Glorious Crusade of Mitchmurraydowntown:

Bills v Tampa game thread

Posted by mitchmurraydowntown on 24 August 2014 - 05:56 PM in The Stadium Wall

Have teammates mention their support of EJ ? Did anyone go on twitter & say it's just a bad day or EJ is our man anytime during this camp ? Did the players say leadership or captain with EJ's name brought up at all ?? Where's the team's support of him, I'd like to hear it from the crew.

In Topic: [closed]If the front office wants to save their jobs...Start Orton asa Today, 02:23 PM

Orton is better than EJ right now, thinking anything different is fooling yourselves into being homers. Kyle has much more experience & has seen drastically more than EJ ever has in the NFL, he also is a winner & has decent to good stats to back up his body of work. One slight twitch or pull up by EJ will bring him out of the game, coaches choice to be careful.

Kyle Orton rumor [update : now signed] Posted by mitchmurraydowntown on 30 August 2014 - 07:07 PM in The Stadium Wall

EJ will see him start sooner than later.

Rotoworld's top 44 available QBs Posted by mitchmurraydowntown on 25 August 2014 - 07:33 PM in The Stadium Wall

#45 - EJ

#46 - Tuel

#47 - Thad