Please name any Bills player that has defended EJ's play this seas

Nice try, DB! You don't get off that easy.

Mercy is for the weak.... EJ didn't set any franchise records or reinvent the position. I think he's a bottom half of the league QB right now that managed to not give the game away, so lets not get all high and mighty. If we had Cutler with our talent now, we'd have 400 yards passing.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mercy is for the weak.... EJ didn't set any franchise records or reinvent the position. I think he's a bottom half of the league QB right now that managed to not give the game away, so lets not get all high and mighty. If we had Cutler with our talent now, we'd have 400 yards passing.

...And a loss.

Give me EJ's stats and win over Cutler's 400 yards and a loss any Sunday.

• 3 weeks later...

The coaches & management are scrambling to get new QB's in house but I'd like to hear the EJ support from his teammates. Has any team members spoke up and said EJ is our QB or even mentioned leader ? The guy has been a hot mess this off-season, so are the players supporting him & his play ??

the players spoke volumes when they elected captains.

From the NFL.com story:

On Monday, running back C.J. Spiller threw his support behind Manuel in comments that appeared in a story posted to the Bills' official website shortly before Marrone's announcement.

"People are going to try to divide us and point fingers saying who should start and who shouldn't start, but we have all the confidence in the world that he'll get the job done," Spiller said. "Yesterday was one that just got away from him. He'll learn from his mistakes, he takes it tough. But he'll be fine, we'll back him and we'll make sure he's ready for Detroit."