Bills Eric Wood goes off on Espn about Rams Michael Sams

17 Josh Allen

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Chris long had a similar tweet a few days ago. Wood is right and espn deserves to be called out. Their coverage is obnoxious. Many teams would not want to deal with it for a ps player. I believe there are more reasons as to why he isn't on a team at this point ( not a good practice player; doesn't play ST) but the media obsession doesn't help.

and maybe he just isn't good enough.

That would be the least politically correct thing to say …. you will certainly never hear that on ESPN.

But if he is, then I certainly hope a team has the courage to give him a chance, and the talking heads give him the room to prove himself and succeed on the field.

Edited by CSBill

While driving home from work this morning I was listening to ESPN radio. I almost always listen to fox sports radio but since Greenburg and Golick were off today I gave it a shot.

I listened to Herm Edwards spend about 20 minutes explaining why Sam has not been picked up by any team. "He is strictly an edge rusher, does not play special teams, would have to play in a 4/3 defense." Not once was it even suggested he and the media being a distraction.

ESPN trying hard now to cover their asses.

Edited by Mr. T

Didn't Sam have 2-3 sacks this preseason (admittedly against scrubs, but he can't control who he plays against) in limited time? Wouldn't you think that would normally mean the guy would either make the team or at least PS somewhere in the League?

Personally, I think Eric is right, which is too bad for Sam who, despite what his haters (and yes, that is what at least some of his critics are) say, apparently did everything right during camp wrt the media (ie, no separate interviews, for ex.). He can't control what the media does, unfortunately.

I think he led the NFL in sacks in the pre-season

With 5 Sacks. He should at least be on a practice

Squad.

He didn't he had 3 which tied him with perennial pro bowlers such as tahir whitehead and our very own Corbin Bryant. Did you watch any of his games to say he belongs on a ps? Or are you purely going off of stats because if you look at the list of preseason sack leaders there's a lot of who? guys on it.

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?tabSeq=0&statisticCategory=SACKS&conference=null&season=2014&seasonType=PRE