Week 1 predictions: Bills @ Bears

YoloinOhio

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Bears are favored by 6.5 points in this game, and I think that is about right. But, I think it will be a low scoring game. Cutler will get it done. EJ will struggle. But, our run game should be effective. The Bears were horrible at stopping the run sat season (worse, I believe, even than us). That should be improved from last season, but only so much. For me, in this game, Hackett is more of a question mark than EJ. Will he properly utilize our run game? Will he be able to use our run-heavy offense to take pressure off our passing game? Will his obsession with with the hurry-up run our own guys into the ground and befuddle EJ?

Edited by Rocky Landing

You are totally disrespecting our D.

Not intentional. Fumbles & picks in our territory and completely lethargic offense by the Bills will have the D worn down and the score skyrocket late. Untill/unless I see anything change, my Doomshield is completely secure.

Not intentional. Fumbles & picks in our territory and completely lethargic offense by the Bills will have the D worn down and the score skyrocket late. Untill/unless I see anything change, my Doomshield is completely secure.

Please don't project your doomshield on us

I like optimism, but this is downright homerism. Our defense is good, but we're not Doomsday. Chicago is stacked offensively, and we'll have our usual struggles to put the ball in the endzone.

Bears 23, Bills 10

The Bills win 13-10. The Bills win by running the ball all over the Bears once vaunted D, killing the clock in the process and keeping Cutler, Forte, and the tall WR's Brandon and Jeffery off the field. Jeffrey gets a TD over, and Forte amasses over 100 combined yards, but none resulting in a TD due to stout red zone D, and not enough time due to aforementioned clock killing. Bills win on last drive after milking the clock using all 4 of the RB's to wear out Bears D. Carpenter hits a 20 yard game winner.

I do love an optimist!

(Or do you need a designated driver?)

No, not drinking.

I figured that as I really have no idea how we are going to play(nor the Bears), I may as well predict a score that I'd really like to see.

Have to go by what we know, which is the Bears have a potent offense and suspect defense until proven otherwise. The Bills have a sturdy defense and suspect passing game, also until proven otherwise.

Good defense generally trumps good offense, so I don't think Chicago scores more than 24 on O. I also don't think, however, that the Bears will shut down the Bills' rushing game easily.

This is likely a game that comes down to turnovers and the 4th quarter -- so just like almost every game in this league. Whether you have any faith in EJ or not, it's hard to think this would be a Chicago blowout based purely on respective talent.

I would argue that going off of what we know, Cutler and that WR corps is worlds better than EJ (specifically) and our WR corps. Schwartz's Lions defenses weren't exactly great vs. the pass. Gilmore has a lot to prove at CB. + Bears at home - look for an aerial dismantling of our defense. EJ will complete 3-5 yard passes while cutler carves us up for 15-20yds at a time.

Only way I see this game being close is if Cutler decides to have one of his clunker games, which is possible, but probably unlikely. The Bears' O-line during the preseason appeared to pass protect OK but had some issues run blocking. We'll see how that translates to a real game.

I don't think we match up well vs. the Bears.

Hoping for the best, but fully prepared for a potential blowout in what amounts to a very tough away game.

I think the Bills are a tough match-up for the Bears. The running game will be on and the defensive line will slow down Cutler.

However, the inability to punch in touchdowns will ultimately doom the team. I see a 21-16 type of game in favor of Chicago.

Edited by BlueFire

I think this actually a good matchup for the Bills. There are certainly question marks for the Bills offense but the Chicago D is average at best. I do not fear Cutler like some do. He is prone to big mistakes as much as big plays. A strong pass rush and stuffing the run game keep this one close. Bills 20 Bears 16.

I remember Brandon Marshall destroying the Bills in the Ralph during his Bronco's days. So, unless they can stop that guy, it ain't going to be pretty. (He caught 13 that day, I think) Don't know much about Chicago otherwise......Bills haven't shown much on the road recent years.....and certainly not with this crew. I find it hard to project a Bills win......even though the Chicago D is suspect. Looking, I guess , for the Bills to loose 42 to 20.