Pats trade G Logan Mankins

FluffHead

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man, I know the season hasn't started yet, but the more I look at them (for obvious reasons lately) the more impressed I am am with at least the direction of the Bucs.

I think the Pats are so overrated (their success is based on a 6th round pick) but they are very smart at getting rid of Vets before they fall off a cliff.

Still, decent risk for the Bucs.

It also could mean they're worried about Gronk. And yes, I know they like to use two. But mostly they liked to use two because they were Gronk and Hernandez, not because they liked to use two.

Manikins I'm just not sure either way how much he has left in the tank. The Bucs obviously watched tape and think he does.

This simply cannot be true, as I just recently read on this very board that the offensive line is the reason for Tom Brady's success.

easy buddy. Tom Brady hasn't played a regular season game without Mankins yet. Sometimes even the smartest evil hoodie wearing coaches outsmart themselves. Let us see it playout first.

Dang. Good move for them. Really like Timothy Wright at TE. That is the type of move we should've made to improve our abysmal TE situation. Wright is up and coming & could really break out in that offense.

I agree. We should have traded Mankins before New England had a chance.

It also could mean they're worried about Gronk. And yes, I know they like to use two. But mostly they liked to use two because they were Gronk and Hernandez, not because they liked to use two.

Manikins I'm just not sure either way how much he has left in the tank. The Bucs obviously watched tape and think he does.

I think it's both. Gronk and Hernandez gave them options they didn't have previously and they developed an entire matchup offense around them. That flexibility really presented problems for base defenses and sub packages. So much so, that two TE formation has become their preference. But it requires unique talent and Wright gives them that second TE needed to run it like they want to. Good move for them.

Damn it.

GO BILLS!!!

I think the Pats are so overrated (their success is based on a 6th round pick) but they are very smart at getting rid of Vets before they fall off a cliff.

Still, decent risk for the Bucs.

Oh, I agree with you completely, C-Bisc about the Pats rip cord on vets, but as you mention above I also agree that it is a decent risk for the Bucs.