Pats trade G Logan Mankins

FluffHead

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lovie Smith is a really good coach.... Don't forget he got fired for going 10-6!

I questioned his choice of Tampa at first, but it looks like he has a program in mind and is implementing it down there quickly.

I hope he does well. I've always liked Lovie, thought he got a raw deal in Chicago, and his success in Tampa doesn't hurt the Bills any!

Lovie Smith is a really good coach.... Don't forget he got fired for going 10-6!

I questioned his choice of Tampa at first, but it looks like he has a program in mind and is implementing it down there quickly.

I hope he does well. I've always liked Lovie, thought he got a raw deal in Chicago, and his success in Tampa doesn't hurt the Bills any!

Agreed. I like Lovie a lot. He proves you don't need to scream and tell to be a good NFL coach.

This from NFL.com:

The Tampa Bay Buccaneers announced that they have acquired six-time Pro Bowl guard Logan Mankins from the New England Patriots in exchange for Tim Wright and a draft pick. NFL Media's Albert Breer reports it's a fourth round pick. Fox Sports' Jay Glazer first reported the trade.

Dear Sports Writers,

The only people who give a crap who "first reported" anything are sports writers. Literally no one else cares.

Sincerely,

Fans who don't care who first reported anything.

This from NFL.com:

Dear Sports Writers,

The only people who give a crap who "first reported" anything are sports writers. Literally no one else cares.

Sincerely,

Yeah but who first reports matters to the sports networks they work for. Look at Adam Schefter. That shrimp is sitting on easy street at ESPN because he double fists cell phones.

@FieldYates

Trading G Logan Mankins creates $5.755M for Patriots in cap space this year. Mankins will count $4M on the Patriots' 2015 cap.

And thats why they did this.

I watched their last preseason game which had their hometown announcers and they were talking about Mankins being a source of fan frustration that his play has dropped off since the contract and in fact was becoming a weak link on the line.

This is what the Pats do. You outlive your worth...pack your bags.

And as said before, this really looks like Gronk insurance. Tim Wright is a good young talent and the Bucs drafted ASJ. So great deal for them-they needed a Guard.

But this has to create a big hole up front for NE. Unless they like the next man up.

Edited by Big Blitz

This from NFL.com:

Dear Sports Writers,

Sincerely,

Agree 1000%. Writers are so desperate to be famous now. This just in, no one cares about you nerdy writers. :)

I picked up Wright in my Dynasty league.

I had to start him last year against the Bills and he caught a TD.

I wonder if Gronk ain't healthy enough to play or if they just want to run two TE sets. If all you're asking the guy do is go in and run a seam route he doesn't need a lot of time to get up to speed.

I can't imagine he will be in for plays where he will have pass protect Brady.

Interesting late Pre-Season move for the Pats.

I picked up Wright in my Dynasty league.

I had to start him last year against the Bills and he caught a TD.

I wonder if Gronk ain't healthy enough to play or if they just want to run two TE sets. If all you're asking the guy do is go in and run a seam route he doesn't need a lot of time to get up to speed.

I can't imagine he will be in for plays where he will have pass protect Brady.

Interesting late Pre-Season move for the Pats.

Yeah. If they're looking for a replacement for Hernandez, he ain't it. And the Pats' offense isn't the easiest to pickup.