Sam Bradford Tears ACL - Out for the Season

Yes. I think he is the best likely FA out there and with no first rounder I don't think the Bills are in a position to look to the draft for the answer. However, what I suspect will happen (cos this is the Bills) is that we will win the AFC East this year at 9-7 in a horrible division and get tonked by the strongest wild card team (either Denver of San Diego whoever doesn't win the West) and then declare "Orton is the answer" roll with Orton and EJ next year and revert to our usual 6-10 selves.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes. I think he is the best likely FA out there and with no first rounder I don't think the Bills are in a position to look to the draft for the answer. However, what I suspect will happen (cos this is the Bills) is that we will win the AFC East this year at 9-7 in a horrible division and get tonked by the strongest wild card team (either Denver of San Diego whoever doesn't win the West) and then declare "Orton is the answer" roll with Orton and EJ next year and revert to our usual 6-10 selves.

I think if Orton does what he is capable of, there is no team in the league that is guaranteed to 'tonk' us in the playoffs. Seriously, as long as we're healthy, I think we're competitive w any team in the league. With competent QB play, that is.

I seriously doubt they'd make that mistake. It might not be Bradford if they think they have better options, but they already had to beg (and buy) Orton out of retirement once. He's not a "Franchise" guy by any accounts. I'm hoping the new regime does things differently (and better).

But if that happens Bills will have the flexibility of having Bradford rest an additional year, because Orton is signed through 2015, and have a full on competition in 2016 between EJ & Bradford.

But if that happens Bills will have the flexibility of having Bradford rest an additional year, because Orton is signed through 2015, and have a full on competition in 2016 between EJ & Bradford.

I've always said it...EJ would make a really good 3rd string QB

I think if Orton does what he is capable of, there is no team in the league that is guaranteed to 'tonk' us in the playoffs. Seriously, as long as we're healthy, I think we're competitive w any team in the league. With competent QB play, that is.

I think we are too..... It was a bit of a doomsday outlook..... I'm usually an optimist and I do think this defense is legit. However, I think the O has more issues than just Quarterback. I am close to giving up on Hackett.

Thought of that too. Signing Bradford if he becomes available doesn't mean Orton is gone or EJ is gone for that matter. The best thing for Bradford may be a year without injury to fully rehab.

List of 2015 QB free agents.

Pretty sorry list, really

i think Carson Palmer would be a good pickup, I just don't think they want to spend that much money on such an old QB. He might only have 1 or 2 yrs at most left in him. Bradford makes a lot of sense if he becomes available but he's going to demand big money which is why St Louis might be looking to move on from him. But I think we definitely need a veteran who can win in this league to get us by for the next 2-3 yrs and then in the meantime draft a couple of QB's and see if any of them pan out. EJ could still come around, he just needs to stop playing like he's scared and go out there and make plays. Get out of the pocket and be a weapon. That's what we thought we were getting with him but we haven't seen it yet

It will be Orton and a 2nd round pick next year playing QB

I sure hope not. Our 2nd pick is like our 1st and we have other positions we need to get better at too (CB, G, S, TE)

i think Carson Palmer would be a good pickup, I just don't think they want to spend that much money on such an old QB. He might only have 1 or 2 yrs at most left in him. Bradford makes a lot of sense if he becomes available but he's going to demand big money which is why St Louis might be looking to move on from him. But I think we definitely need a veteran who can win in this league to get us by for the next 2-3 yrs and then in the meantime draft a couple of QB's and see if any of them pan out. EJ could still come around, he just needs to stop playing like he's scared and go out there and make plays. Get out of the pocket and be a weapon. That's what we thought we were getting with him but we haven't seen it yet

I sure hope not. Our 2nd pick is like our 1st and we have other positions we need to get better at too (CB, G, S, TE)

It will likely be Orton and EJ. The Bills aren't going to let EJ go.

There is nobody on that list I'd race to grab to be honest. I might kick the tyres on Jake Locker I suppose if by the season's end I was clear that the answer was not currently on the roster.... but I think Bradford if he does get cut would be ahead of everyone there and I'd bring him in even if Orton plays half way decent.

There is nobody on that list I'd race to grab to be honest. I might kick the tyres on Jake Locker I suppose if by the season's end I was clear that the answer was not currently on the roster.... but I think Bradford if he does get cut would be ahead of everyone there and I'd bring him in even if Orton plays half way decent.

Bradford is the guy that I would guess is under center for the Bills next year (barring Orton playing way over his head). Bradford is the right age to fit with that group. There is certainly some risk associated with him but the timing is most important. The Bills aren't going to develop a rookie as they start losing young impact players. They aren't going to go with an Orton type that isn't good enough to lead this talented roster all the way. Bradford POTENTIALLY checks both of those boxes so they'll take a shot on him IMO.

What's sad is that I'm so desperate for a playoff game, I'd be ok with that.

There has been nobody, period, since 2013. That's what people crying about our QB situation forget. The NFL is in a real drought of QB talent in the draft and free agency. (Sorry, I don't count QBs that are still backups or played one game.)

Edited by PromoTheRobot

Bradford has legitimate upside if he can stay healthy. He could be a great backup too if we do draft a stud.

Sometimes players need a fresh start - Carson Palmer, Randy Moss, etc. I would much rather have Bradford on the roster next July, rather than EJ

Edited by peterpan