Sam Bradford Tears ACL - Out for the Season

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And where has it gotten them?

Given the bad luck of injury, not very far. But the point is it takes more than ten games for most NFL QBs to figure things out. I know that might be difficult for some to come to terms with the myth of the typically successful Franchise QB straight from college.

@CBSSports

With Sam Bradford out for the season, the Rams might consider these options at QB: http://cbsprt.co/1mF4sgJ

pic.twitter.com/L6jklF73bz

I'd have to imagine the Rams are going to cut their losses with this kid and dump him after the season. They won't take much of a hit on their salary cap and Bradford has already suffered some major injuries that he may never fully recover from.

Poor guy never got a fair shake in St. Louis with never really having any weapons on offense to work with. Rams are now in a position to bottom out and draft the next great QB at the top of next year's draft.

He's hardly poor, as a matter of fact his rookie deal was so absurd it lead the league to fixing a rookie pay scale. And he's not shown much when he's been in there. I don't have all the stats in front of me, but I'm guessing their won-loss record is pretty much the same when he's been out.

He's hardly poor, as a matter of fact his rookie deal was so absurd it lead the league to fixing a rookie pay scale. And he's not shown much when he's been in there. I don't have all the stats in front of me, but I'm guessing their won-loss record is pretty much the same when he's been out.

This is unfortunately what happens when a team is blinded by potential and doesn't just move on. 5 years is a long time when you look at what the rest of the roster moves. You put time and money into surrounding the him, shore up weak areas, lose players, overpay some players, strong areas become weak and weak ares get shored up and where are you? Spinning the wheels for the last 14...errr 5 years

Your team is toast without a QB...I know it has been posted on here before, but I am falling more and more into the camp of doing everything you can to find that QB...

Given the bad luck of injury, not very far. But the point is it takes more than ten games for most NFL QBs to figure things out. I know that might be difficult for some to come to terms with the myth of the typically successful Franchise QB straight from college.

@CBSSports

With Sam Bradford out for the season, the Rams might consider these options at QB: http://cbsprt.co/1mF4sgJ

pic.twitter.com/L6jklF73bz

Holy ****.... Can't believe the Rams didn't cut him after his first season and those two preseason games where he sucked. Everyone knows you don't wait on QB's to develop. Suckers.

Hah. Because, God knows, when you need evidence to support EJ Manuel, you pick a team that went 7-9, 2-14, 7-8-1. and 7-9.

Holy ****.... Can't believe the Rams didn't cut him after his first season and those two preseason games where he sucked. Everyone knows you don't wait on QB's to develop. Suckers.

So an advocate of waiting for QB's to develop is pointing to Sam Bradford as an example? That is pretty funny.

So an advocate of waiting for QB's to develop is pointing to Sam Bradford as an example? That is pretty funny.

You're right...Tannehill sucks, Stafford sucks, Schaub sucks, Dalton - get rid of the bum, Matt Ryan?? Loser. If you can't shine a path to the Super Bowl after 16 starts, hit the road jack, we want a winner now!!!!!

You're right...Tannehill sucks, Stafford sucks, Schaub sucks, Dalton - get rid of the bum, Matt Ryan?? Loser. If you can't shine a path to the Super Bowl after 16 starts, hit the road jack, we want a winner now!!!!!

So according to you, we have to give EJ a minimum of 5 years, also we have to build him an offensive line equivalent to the Washington Redskins "Hogs" of the 80's. Until we do that, we'll just never know, right???

See, I can play the hyperbole and strawman argument game too. That's how utterly ridiculous you sound.

If I ever reference Bradford and the Rams as the standard of excellence for Johnny, just assume I'm waving the white flag.

The Browns certainly have plenty to worry about beyond Manziel developing into an NFL QB.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

So according to you, we have to give EJ a minimum of 5 years, also we have to build him an offensive line equivalent to the Washington Redskins "Hogs" of the 80's. Until we do that, we'll just never know, right???

See, I can play the hyperbole and strawman argument game too. That's how utterly ridiculous you sound.

My initial comment was posed to those who are calling for EJ's head after his 12 starts last year and 3 preseason games this year...if you want to construe my comments as a straw man argument, go right ahead...but those who are shortsighted and feel EJ is not the answer need to wait for the regular season and step away from the ledge (in my opinion of course).

My initial comment was posed to those who are calling for EJ's head after his 12 starts last year and 3 preseason games this year...if you want to construe my comments as a straw man argument, go right ahead...but those who are shortsighted and feel EJ is not the answer need to wait for the regular season and step away from the ledge (in my opinion of course).

Fair enough. But you chose to quote me and that rant sounded silly. My original point was if you want to pick an example of a QB that matured and developed over time, Bradford is a bad example. He was a slightly above-avg QB the first time he stepped onto the field, and he is still pretty much that same QB today. There has been little improvement in his 4 years. We need EJ to take a much, much bigger leap. And he's going to get this season to make it - I'm still highly skeptical but I also know he's the starter this year.