Sam Bradford Tears ACL - Out for the Season

Fair enough. But you chose to quote me and that rant sounded silly. My original point was if you want to pick an example of a QB that matured and developed over time, Bradford is a bad example. He was a slightly above-avg QB the first time he stepped onto the field, and he is still pretty much that same QB today. There has been little improvement in his 4 years. We need EJ to take a much, much bigger leap. And he's going to get this season to make it - I'm still highly skeptical but I also know he's the starter this year.

I'm just more optimistic than you...no biggie. I can see how you (and others) feel that way).

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So an advocate of waiting for QB's to develop is pointing to Sam Bradford as an example? That is pretty funny.

Good post. Bradford was a bust, yet a couple of guys here are determined to link him to EJ, without any sense of irony.

This is simply an example of why a winning team is not focused on one player (be it Bradford or EJ) but instead is focused on actually building a team. I think the Bills braintrust is trying to do that (they may not make it but this is the correct approach in my mind).

The key to the Bills being good this season is NOT whether EJ is a great (or even a good QB.

He won't be. When EJ was picked it seemed pretty clear that he was not likely to be a rookie wonder. Even worse, he lost a lot of reps in his rookie year. I do not think anyone should plan on EJ being an adequate QB performer until sometime next year.

However, the Bills are correctly trying to build on their already top notch RBs (Jax and Spiller are proven productive , but the addition of Bryce Brown was essential given injury possibilities and FA issues. They also have assembled a massive OL with LT athleticism for most players. Further,,, they have a potentially great corps of 3 talents at WR.

Its not that the Bills need EJ to be good to win (this almost certainly will not happen for a year and change, what they need to make the rest of the ream perform so they can win with only merely adequate play from EJ.

Good post. Bradford was a bust, yet a couple of guys here are determined to link him to EJ, without any sense of irony.

True. If it wasn't for the mega deal he had strapped around his team's neck, Bradford would've been cut years ago. The same could be said for Stafford too. Ironically, though, they are better than anything the Bills have had for years.

True. If it wasn't for the mega deal he had strapped around his team's neck, Bradford would've been cut years ago. The same could be said for Stafford too. Ironically, though, they are better than anything the Bills have had for years.

Stafford is light years, orders of magnitude better than Bradford--a straight up bust.

Certainly cannot say the same about Stafford...

Man that dude can't buy a break !

Maybe they will trade him now & we can pick him up for a song & he will come back & never get hurt again , become our starting QB & lead us to the SUPER BOWL & WIN IT ALL IN B/LO !!

AWH sorry i just got carried away wishful thinking !! :cry:

hey, stranger things have happened I guess. Kurt Warner comes to mind.

Sounds la lot like what Dick Vermeil said when Trent Green went down with a knee injury 15 years ago.

This isn't directed at you at all, but I hate these kind of posts. True, 15 years ago Vermeil said "We're gonna rally behind our guy, and our guy is Kurt Warner" and no one believed him and Warner played great and the Rams went to the Super Bowl and then Warner took the Cards to the Super Bowl and became a Hall of Famer.

All of that stuff is true and inarguable.

But it ignores all of the dozens and dozens of times a starting QB has gone down, and every single time a coach has said something along the lines of "We're gonna rally behind our guy and _______ is our guy" and no one believed him and the backup played like crap and the team stunk because the starter was hurt.

It's the equivalent of the nonsense that Tom Brady was a sixth rounder. Yeah, sure. But there have been hundreds and hundreds of sixth rounders that suck, and one was great.

This is simply an example of why a winning team is not focused on one player (be it Bradford or EJ) but instead is focused on actually building a team. I think the Bills braintrust is trying to do that (they may not make it but this is the correct approach in my mind).

The key to the Bills being good this season is NOT whether EJ is a great (or even a good QB.

He won't be. When EJ was picked it seemed pretty clear that he was not likely to be a rookie wonder. Even worse, he lost a lot of reps in his rookie year. I do not think anyone should plan on EJ being an adequate QB performer until sometime next year.

However, the Bills are correctly trying to build on their already top notch RBs (Jax and Spiller are proven productive , but the addition of Bryce Brown was essential given injury possibilities and FA issues. They also have assembled a massive OL with LT athleticism for most players. Further,,, they have a potentially great corps of 3 talents at WR.

Its not that the Bills need EJ to be good to win (this almost certainly will not happen for a year and change, what they need to make the rest of the ream perform so they can win with only merely adequate play from EJ.

But even if we assume EJ takes that massive step forward what happens if he gets hurt again? This team has NO depth at the QB position. They chose to ignore that one.

This isn't directed at you at all, but I hate these kind of posts. True, 15 years ago Vermeil said "We're gonna rally behind our guy, and our guy is Kurt Warner" and no one believed him and Warner played great and the Rams went to the Super Bowl and then Warner took the Cards to the Super Bowl and became a Hall of Famer.

But it ignores all of the dozens and dozens of times a starting QB has gone down, and every single time a coach has said something along the lines of "We're gonna rally behind our guy and _______ is our guy" and no one believed him and the backup played like crap and the team stunk because the starter was hurt.

It's the equivalent of the nonsense that Tom Brady was a sixth rounder. Yeah, sure. But there have been hundreds and hundreds of sixth rounders that suck, and one was great.

True, but in this case, it's the same team.

Oh the ream is definitely going to perform this year, no need to worry about that. :ph34r:

Holy ****.... Can't believe the Rams didn't cut him after his first season and those two preseason games where he sucked. Everyone knows you don't wait on QB's to develop. Suckers.

Do you suggest that the Bills waste 5 years just like the Rams did?............Didn't he actually look really promising his rookie year?

Both points seem so obvious but apparently they aren't.