Is EJ Manuel a slow starter in each game ?

HOUSE

Posted Today, 08:08 AM

I have watched every game of his pro career and about 10 College games.

There seems to be a pattern here.....

Correct me if I am wrong but the guy appears off target in almost every

first quarter played, then settles down and plays better.

Its maddening to watch sometimes, It has to be driving Doug Marrone crazy :doh:

Has anyone else noticed this ?

Edited by HOUSE

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've noticed also. It's like he has anxious nerves. Should give him a couple of short, quick passes to calm him.

I want to watch this tonight. The same was true last season.

He seems to struggle early. Now that has to be fixed.

He only plays a quarter and by the time it ends he is still ice cold

Edited by HOUSE

most qb's are slow starters but especially the young ones, Rich Gannon talks about this all the time. Giving the qb easy throws get him into a rhythm, get the confidence going - the problem for EJ was last year he would miss the easy throws, or they would drop them. Hopefully the nerves aren't as bad and he can get some focus from the rest of the guys

most qb's are slow starters but especially the young ones, Rich Gannon talks about this all the time. Giving the qb easy throws get him into a rhythm, get the confidence going - the problem for EJ was last year he would miss the easy throws, or they would drop them. Hopefully the nerves aren't as bad and he can get some focus from the rest of the guys

:thumbsup: agreed

He seems to be at his best in the 2nd half

I brought this up for a reason. He is slow to start, then removed from the game.

We may not have enough information to properly evaluate EJ Manuel this preseason

Posted Today, 08:08 AM

I have watched every game of his pro career and about 10 games in College

There seems to be a pattern here.....

Correct me if I am wrong but the guy appears off target in almost every

first quarter played, then settles down and plays better.

Its maddening to watch sometimes, It has to be driving Doug Marrone crazy :doh:

Has anyone else notice this ?

I have been saying the very same thing. It's almost as if he needs to be knocked around a few times before he can his blood circulating.

Hmm......maybe we're on to something. Throw him into a locked room with some of our guys on defense and let them rough him up a bit before the game......

I concur. It's quite obvious EJ is cold as ice in 1st and 3rd quarters and heats up in 2nd and 4th quarters which validates EJ's biggest red flag entering the draft..... Inconsistency. 2 good and 2 bad quarters equals an AVERAGE QB which is all EJ will ever be. I hope I'm wrong but I don't see him taking us to the show.

Edited by nader

Absolutely.

I don't see us having a lead too much in the first three quarters vs. Chicago. But I think we can stay close and take off mid-way through the third quarter.

We need special teams to win their battles and the defense to force some punts and keep it close.