Joe Buscaglia: Bills 53-man roster projection: 8/18

Bills 53-man roster projection: 8/18

It’s that time of year. The Buffalo Bills have been in training camp long enough to the point in which that impressions have been made on both the coaching staff and front office.

The team has played three of their five preseason games, and with only eight days to go before the first round of cuts, it’s also a good time for WGR’s first roster projection of the summer. Who makes the cut? Who doesn’t? Any surprises?

Let’s find out:

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think they keep six LBs because two of them, Brown and Johnson, are rookies. I would guess that perhaps Corbin Bryant is the man out, as we cannot afford to keep five DTs (although I'm sure we want to) because of other position needs. If they keep five DTs, I wouldn't doubt that Branch makes it over Bryant, even if he has had a poor training camp. There are almost always surprise cuts though.

I also think that Hairston stays and Legursky gets cut. Urbik is backup C. One guy to PS like Macky Mac.

Ronnie Wingo was responsible for Tuel's 4th quarter sack with about a half minute to go. It wasn't the fumble sack, but it did set that particular disaster up. They were driving and could have scored the game winning field goal, but...

Moeki could go on IR.

Interesting if Hairston doesn't make the cut. Not surprised if Branch doesn't make it. Fell victim to fat contract = fat city.

Well, the first cut down is to 75 and that happen on the 29th. So, maybe this weekend's game is "this is your last chance, bozo" outing.

its the 26th. I actually think their last chance was this past game for that set of cuts. The starters will play a lot in this game.

No way I cut Hairston if healthy

Keep a young Dombrowski who looked good over Moorman

I thought McClain played better at LG so far then Legursky

Even TJ looked good on ST

Cut Frank Summers if we keep 4 RB's

I think it's fairly unlikely that all 3 of Lawson, Urbik, and Pears make the team. Wouldn't be shocked if Jacuies Smith gets Lawson's spot when it's all said and done. I think Smith is the new Kyle Moore.

No arguments with his list. I will predict that if TJ Graham gets cut we will immediately be signed by the Pats.

And I can see it now. He'll rack up tons of yards against us and it will be because Brady knows how to throw the ball better to him than EJ could.

Has Urbik lined up at centre at ANY point since Marrone came in? I haven't read that he has done it at all this camp and I don't think he has done it in a game. I hope I am wrong but I get the horrible feeling that they keep Legursky.

I don't want to scare anyone, and I know this may sound unthinkable, but there is the possibility that Legursky is actually a better player than Chris Williams. He would never start over Williams based on what we just paid for him, but I wouldn't be surprised if their difference in play is negligible.

I really think Kouandjio will get IR'd, then both Hairston & Legursky will make the final 53.

I'd much rather keep Hairston if they only keep 1. Legursky would literally be the worst O-lineman in the NFL if he makes the team.