If Peyton Were Our Quarterback...

If Peyton Were Our QB:

Robert Woods would go to the Pro Bowl this year

Sammy Watkins would be offensive rookie of the year and probably go to the Pro Bowl

Spiller would lead the league in receiving yards for a running back

And so on...

I really feel for the players on our team that do not reach their potential because of the quarterback. It has to be frustrating. Even for the defense; just knowing that the offense can;t put up points or stay on the field is demoralizing. I'm really starting to doubt EJ (not that I didn't before, but just I feel more secure in my doubt now). I don't really see him turning into the franchise QB we all crave. And if he doesn't, we'll keep losing and lots of players will not get near their potential. Just sucks.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally, the individual awards and stats mean nothing without wins. The last 4 SB winners were russell Wilson, joe Flacco, and Eli. Who wouldn't love to have Peyton manning? Oh - the colts. Lol.

He is an amazing QB. But other teams have managed to win without him.

Guest Diesel-USMC

As of 8/18/14, these are the only facts we have about this year.

He's not.

It's preseason, gameplans are about job interviews and certain purposeful, situational and live game attempts of unconventional things. It's nice to watch a preseason game and see a team go up 34 to 0 like the Broncos did to the 49ers or a nail biter back and forth down the the wire. Fact of the matter is, those game, although nice, can be very misleading about who to keep and cut when it comes down to the final 53. That is why coaches and players alike do not put so much emphasis on individual preseason games. There is more to the preseason then what we see. They are just extensions of training camp that allow a coach to see where they are, outside of stats. Stats matter to us, even in practice.

I get it. It just isnt fun to watch but it's not always what it seems.

Edited by ninja rooster

Yes. If a top-3 all time quarterback were our quarterback then we'd be really good and our offensive skill players would realize the height of their potential.

Thing is, nobody who's better than Manuel (who is...what? A top-621 all time quarterback?) is going to play QB for the Bills this year, so we better hope he has some upside.

I was a big believer in EJ when we first drafted him and I still really like him. To me he looks like the classic overcoached QB. I am no expert - I have never played the position... but it seems to me that the QB has about 2 seconds to make a quality decision - the more we give him to think about the slower and slower he gets. I felt like we did a similar kind of harm to Bledsoe with alarm clocks and all sorts of coaching. Are our "new" coaches not secure enough to let this kid fly once in a while or is it their duty to coach every aspect all of the time.

Just my take and I could be totally wrong... what do people who have played QB before think.

we would claim he stares down receivers, has slow eyes, can't run, and demand the bum be benched.

This is about right

Meanwhile some kid named EJ would be on the bench and wed be screaming to give the kid a shot!

I was a big believer in EJ when we first drafted him and I still really like him. To me he looks like the classic overcoached QB. I am no expert - I have never played the position... but it seems to me that the QB has about 2 seconds to make a quality decision - the more we give him to think about the slower and slower he gets. I felt like we did a similar kind of harm to Bledsoe with alarm clocks and all sorts of coaching. Are our "new" coaches not secure enough to let this kid fly once in a while or is it their duty to coach every aspect all of the time.

Just my take and I could be totally wrong... what do people who have played QB before think.

I actually think quite the opposite. They put a lot of trust in him to run a hurry up offense. Very few protection errors and no delay of games I can remember. EJ is by all accounts a sponge. If the kid keeps asking, you keep teaching

I really don't like this at all.

Take arguably the best QB of all time, while he is still a gun slinger, and put him on any roster...at all...anywhere in the league, and they become exponentially better. Name a starting WR, RB, and rookie like Sammy who has played with Peyton and not made the probowl or won an award at least once. When Peyton is behind center, the rest of the skill positions don't matter. He makes everybody special, regardless of ability.

Better thread, if average an average or slightly above average established QB in the NFL were behind center, what would the result be? So Cutler, Bradford, Dalton, Stafford, Schaub, Rivers (I am actually really high on Rivers and think he well surpasses average). Insert Peyton and it is formulaic. WR 1 makes probowl, first round rookie WR is rookie of the year, RB 1 is top 10 in rushing, and top 5 in all purpose yards. We aren't special in your scenario. Hell Atlanta is a good team with struggles and a lot of questions after last year. Insert Peyton and no more questions

If Peyton Were Our QB:

Robert Woods would go to the Pro Bowl this year

Sammy Watkins would be offensive rookie of the year and probably go to the Pro Bowl

Spiller would lead the league in receiving yards for a running back

And so on...

I really feel for the players on our team that do not reach their potential because of the quarterback. It has to be frustrating. Even for the defense; just knowing that the offense can;t put up points or stay on the field is demoralizing. I'm really starting to doubt EJ (not that I didn't before, but just I feel more secure in my doubt now). I don't really see him turning into the franchise QB we all crave. And if he doesn't, we'll keep losing and lots of players will not get near their potential. Just sucks.

Peyton is one of the best to play the game. However, he lost another SB with all of the weapons he had last year. But if he were our QB he would throw for what? 15k yards, and make everyone a pro bowler. Whatever....

If Peyton was our QB, this is what would happen: In the opener, Hackett would call one of these annoying "read-option" plays, and ask Manning to keep the ball and run. He'd run into Jared Allen, who'd promptly obliterate Peyton, who would suffer a season-ending neck injury. Then we would have Manuel starting for the remaining 15 games (or until he likewise is injured).