If Peyton Were Our Quarterback...

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What if Joe Montana or Warren Moon was our qb ?

I just don't understand why we can not just pull for our team, and hope it turns out better than the last decade +. We are definitely in a better position to finally make a playoff push. Per usual , the vast majority are all ready calling for heads during the pre-season. This board makes my head hurt.

Edited by DirtDart

I just don't understand why we can not just pull for our team, and hope it turns out better than the last decade +. We are definitely in a better position to finally make a playoff push. Per usual , the vast majority are all ready calling for heads during the pre-season. This board makes my head hurt.

Honestly, Sal made a great comment on the radio this afternoon. Basically he said if the playoff drought was only the last 4 years (with JK at the helm, age not being a factor), most fans wouldn't be so crazy about every QB that has been drafted over the past decade. I tend to agree. The criticisms of the armchair scouts has been exaggerated 10 fold because of all the media outlets available today.

For the record, I bolded crazy because I wanted to use the word gung ho, which wanted to auto-correct to bunghole. :w00t:

Edited by The Wiz

Personally, the individual awards and stats mean nothing without wins. The last 4 SB winners were russell Wilson, joe Flacco, and Eli. Who wouldn't love to have Peyton manning? Oh - the colts. Lol.

He is an amazing QB. But other teams have managed to win without him.

Yolo, you forgot the QB's before that were Drew Brees, Aaron Rodgers, and Big Ben. before that you had both Mannings, and so on. The real question as he is damn good is why we didn't when you have that rarity of a decent QB available go after for good money for Alex Smith. He has been excellent for years. If his defense didn't suck last year, they would have won that San Diego game last year.

He didn't lose the NFC championship with the Giants a couple of years ago. He doesn't lose games for you, and makes good decisions to win some for you. Guaranteed we would be in the playoffs if we had him with this talent. We would never have convinced Manning to come to Buffalo. We could have convinced Smith to get here with a nice contract.

Guest Diesel-USMC

The QB threads on this board are just getting absolutely ridiculous

you should read the ones at the BBMB

The QB threads on this board are just getting absolutely ridiculous

One of my biggest concerns about EJ is even Florida State fans don't back him up. They watched him all through college and didn't trust him. It's not ridiculous. It's a serious and valid concern that we likely have still not solved this perpetual QB problem.

You could say that about a lot of teams that have struggled to find QB's. QB is such an important position it impacts every single aspect of the game, and great ones are so hard to find. Even a good one like Tony Romo is kind of hard to find. It sucks the team hasn't found a QB but EJ could be it, EJ is young and QB's do take time to develop sometimes.

One of my biggest concerns about EJ is even Florida State fans don't back him up. They watched him all through college and didn't trust him. It's not ridiculous. It's a serious and valid concern that we likely have still not solved this perpetual QB problem.

I'm sure michigan fans talked about how awesome Brady was when he was there to.

And trust me, I'm bit comparing the 2. But fans are very irrational. EJ was 4-0 in bowl games and people will only remember the losses. That's how fans work.

If Peyton Were Our QB:

Robert Woods would go to the Pro Bowl this year

Sammy Watkins would be offensive rookie of the year and probably go to the Pro Bowl

Spiller would lead the league in receiving yards for a running back

And so on...

I really feel for the players on our team that do not reach their potential because of the quarterback. It has to be frustrating. Even for the defense; just knowing that the offense can;t put up points or stay on the field is demoralizing. I'm really starting to doubt EJ (not that I didn't before, but just I feel more secure in my doubt now). I don't really see him turning into the franchise QB we all crave. And if he doesn't, we'll keep losing and lots of players will not get near their potential. Just sucks.

and we finally win the superbowl.

The real question as he is damn good is why we didn't when you have that rarity of a decent QB available go after for good money for Alex Smith. He has been excellent for years

I don't doubt that he would have given us a better chance to win last year and this year than EJ and you could have signed him to a 2 year deal and sat EJ and worked with him for a couple of years. But at the point Alex Smith was a free agent he had been excellent for TWO years in the NFL after Harbaugh had arrived. The year prior to that he was booed at Candlestick and benched for Troy Smith. Yea... that's right. Troy Smith... now of the CFL.

This thread is like going to see Santa at the mall. Santa, I want peyton as our qb. You'll shoot your eye out kid. Ho ho ho!!!!

But I want Manning and a red rider 200 BEBE gun.

That was a good one and appropriate. Yes, if we had any one of the top 12 QB's in the NFL, we would be in the playoffs repeatedly as we have a talented team outside of this position.

But guess what, we don't. We can also play Captain Hinsight and should have drafted Andy Dalton, Aaron Rogers, Russell Wilson, or traded for Alex Smith. But we didn't. The most glaring last mistake was not going after Alex Smith. He's so accurate, and rarely makes mistakes. You live with the hand that was dealt to you.

Personally, the individual awards and stats mean nothing without wins. The last 4 SB winners were russell Wilson, joe Flacco, and Eli. Who wouldn't love to have Peyton manning? Oh - the colts. Lol.

He is an amazing QB. But other teams have managed to win without him.

This is a joke right? You conveniently leave off the QBs before those guys which is a nice way of making the stats work for you. The Colts got rid of PM because they had a chance to draft another once in a decade QB prospect and there were no guarantees Manning would be the same player.