Regular Season Expectations

115 members have voted

1. 1. Will the Bills win at Chicago in week 1?

• I will be shocked if we win.
    • I'm expecting a loss, but won't be shocked if we win.
    • I'm expecting a win, but won't be shocked if we lose.
    • Mark it down, 1-0.
  2. 2. How many wins do you think are realistic for this season?

• 0-4
    • 5-8
    • 9-12
    • 13+

Now that we're more than halfway through preseason, I wanted to gauge the expectation of the board for week 1, and the season. It seems like the board has been a bit all over the place after each preseason game, so just wanted to get a more measured reaction of how you think we'll do once it counts.

Edited by Captain Caveman

I'm optimistic. I think they'll get to 9 or 10 wins on the back of a strong defense and an elite rushing attack. If Manuel can just manage games while he develops, I think they can get there.

Edited by KikoSeeBallKikoGetBall

I'm optimistic. I think they'll get to 9 or 10 wins on the back of a strong defense and an elite rushing attack. If Manuel can just manage games while he develops, I think they can get there.

I agree with this. By the second half of the season, I hope, EJ can step up and win a couple games for us.

defense is better but a couple of key injuries there will pull them back to the same old team that won't stop the run. offense is not an improvement at all except in RB depth.

Back up QB is a disaster. Would have thought they learned that lesson last year.

What happens if EJ pulls, tears or rips something this week? Whole season down the tubes is what.

I see our team as better overall, but not better enough. Also, our schedule is more difficult in some parts.

I'm still predicting between 4 and 6 wins, and "hope" going into next season. Maybe top out between 6-8 wins next year, then we start over again...

Edited by Dorkington

I really have no idea how we'll finish, but all things considered the schedule is not that hard this time.

Some comments on select games:

Week 1 @ Bears

Week 2 Dolphins - first game with pressure to win since its at home and within division

Week 3 Chargers

Week 4 @ Texans - don't want to lose to Fitz, and will only happen if clowney and watt are clicking

Week 5 @ Lions - sure there's the Schwartz reunion thing but I don't really care. More interested to see if Sammy turns it up a notch playing against Megatron's team

Week 6 Patriots - wondering who will be our starting QB by this time

Week 7 Vikings

Week 8 @ Jets

Week 9 Break - midpoint of season good time to have it

Week 10 Chiefs - we owe them one from last year

Week 11 @ Dolphins

Week 12 Jets - end of a 6 game stretch with 4 games in division. Huge opportunity.

Week 13 Browns - owe them too for the vicious injury celebration over EJ, love to beat Pettine too

Week 14 @ Broncos - have a sick feeling they could be vying for home field again and our best case role is spoiler

Week 15 Packers - I think we'll beat them. It's at home and Schwartz knows them

Week 16 @ Raiders - first hand look at Khalil Mack

Week 17 @ Patriots - is this some kind of tradition we get roasted by them at end of every season? Let's hope this time is different

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

I really would be satisfied with an 8-8 record and a Pats victory, if it looked like EJ was progressing. Of course i'd love a 9-10 win season and do believe that with a couple of breaks during the year they could hit that mark. Sometimes it's just how the ball bounces......

• 2 weeks later...

A review of the next 3 games looks very favorable. I'm not saying we'll be 4-0, but it wouldn't be shocking.

Miami - Last year it seemed like we really had Tannehill's number. At home, I expect our D-line to really feast on him, and expect to come away with a win.

San Diego - On paper this should be tough. The one thing that has me optimistic is the time zone difference. Everyone knows west coast teams typically struggle when traveling for 1PM EST games. Hopefully San Diego comes out sluggish and we can take advantage.

Houston - Williams-Fitzpatrick-Williams sandwich, all day long.

A review of the next 3 games looks very favorable. I'm not saying we'll be 4-0, but it wouldn't be shocking.

Miami - Last year it seemed like we really had Tannehill's number. At home, I expect our D-line to really feast on him, and expect to come away with a win.

San Diego - On paper this should be tough. The one thing that has me optimistic is the time zone difference. Everyone knows west coast teams typically struggle when traveling for 1PM EST games. Hopefully San Diego comes out sluggish and we can take advantage.

Houston - Williams-Fitzpatrick-Williams sandwich, all day long.

beginning last yr, SD started traveling on Fridays instead of Saturdays for Sunday at 1pm east coast games. They were 3-2, with 1 loss coming in OT. Fwiw.

beginning last yr, SD started traveling on Fridays instead of Saturdays for Sunday at 1pm east coast games. They were 3-2, with 1 loss coming in OT. Fwiw.

Hmmm, interesting. I still think it's a very winnable game, especially if our D line can put Rivers on the ground.

Edited by Captain Caveman