Available QBs ... Slim pickings ?

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last week, relieving Brady, Mallett SUCKED. Way worse than we've ever seen any of our current QBs play. This past week he looked better, taking third string reps.

He is big and stupid,. You like him because he looked good, against player who don't play, in one preseason game last year?

For the most part, though, the guy has zero track record, therefore he hasn't looked bad yet. I love that logic. A pig in a poke.

I was almost just going to type this since I didnt want to read all 6 pages.

But pretty much spot on Dean.

The breaking news roller on the bottom of your screens said this on nfl network " Ryan Mallet fails to impress showcase"

Mallet sucks badly. He would be horrible in Buffalo.

Ponder sucks, but is an upgrade. I watch minnesota games because of a good friend of mine.

Josh Freeman would be great if available.

KC is going to have to do something with one of their QB's.

They have 4 right now: Smith, Chase Daniels, Tyler Bray and Aaron Murray.

I've read that they love Bray. They obviously aren't going to cut Smith. So that means they will either cut Daniels, or try to put Murray on the PS (assuming they don't keep 4). Daniels has a pretty hefty contract, so I'm guessing he could be had. I would make that move today, no question. Likely wouldn't cost much as they are either going to have to cut him or trade him. They also know that putting Murray on the PS won't fly. He'd get picked off immediately.

If any of you watched the game last night, you would have seen what I've been saying for 2 years now: Aaron Murray is a stud. You couldn't see it on the stats line, but he looked fantastic. He had a 60 yard pass play called back on a questionable penalty. He sees the whole field and can make all the throws. I would trade next year's second round pick for him right now. For those of you who roast me on that, please make sure to come back and apologize when he's tearing it up in the league as a starter. He is Drew Brees 2.0. I'll guarantee you, Andy Reid knows he's got a star there and he wouldn't trade him unless someone blows their socks off.

I haven't given up on EJ, but we need a better plan B in case he doesn't work out. We don't have that plan B on the roster today and to me, it is the most glaring weakness on the team. I find it frustrating that teams who are set at QB continue to draft more QB's (KC, NE, etc) yet we just sit on our current QB's as though they are definitely "good enough". Really pisses me off actually. If Whaley and Marrone lose their jobs this year, they will look back on what they did in rounds 4 and 5 of this years' draft. They had the chance to draft a very good QB and declined. Critical error, in my opinion.

Regardless of how we got here, management has to know that we need to solve this problem and we need to do it now. KC just might be our best option to fill that need.

Waoh? Really?? Tyler thigpen? Billy Joe Hobert?

In 2005 Trent was the starter and Kelly Holcomb the back up.... Worse than that?

I mean Thad won two games right?

JP Loss-man was the other starter in 2005 not Trent, and Kelly Holcomb was 4-4 as a starter that season with 10 TDs and 8 Ints. So yes, he was much better than Thad Lewis. Tyler Thigpen never started a game as a Bill so it's tough to judge but he has a career 72.5 QB rating which doesn't totally stink. Billy Joe Hobert wasn't the backup in 1997, Alex Van Pelt was with Todd Collins as the starter. Van Pelt was better than either Tuel or Lewis by a wide margin.

Edited by vincec

I don`t think EJ was Marrone`s pick. I think it was Buddy`s last GIFT.

If this is true Marrone is a fool. Most NFL HCs get one shot. When he agreed to come here he had to know that he would get one QB and that's it. It's worse now... anything less than playoffs and the new ownership is likely to fire everyone.

Edited by Marshawn's 20 bucks

KC is going to have to do something with one of their QB's.

They have 4 right now: Smith, Chase Daniels, Tyler Bray and Aaron Murray.

I've read that they love Bray. They obviously aren't going to cut Smith. So that means they will either cut Daniels, or try to put Murray on the PS (assuming they don't keep 4). Daniels has a pretty hefty contract, so I'm guessing he could be had. I would make that move today, no question. Likely wouldn't cost much as they are either going to have to cut him or trade him. They also know that putting Murray on the PS won't fly. He'd get picked off immediately.

If any of you watched the game last night, you would have seen what I've been saying for 2 years now: Aaron Murray is a stud. You couldn't see it on the stats line, but he looked fantastic. He had a 60 yard pass play called back on a questionable penalty. He sees the whole field and can make all the throws. I would trade next year's second round pick for him right now. For those of you who roast me on that, please make sure to come back and apologize when he's tearing it up in the league as a starter. He is Drew Brees 2.0. I'll guarantee you, Andy Reid knows he's got a star there and he wouldn't trade him unless someone blows their socks off.

I haven't given up on EJ, but we need a better plan B in case he doesn't work out. We don't have that plan B on the roster today and to me, it is the most glaring weakness on the team. I find it frustrating that teams who are set at QB continue to draft more QB's (KC, NE, etc) yet we just sit on our current QB's as though they are definitely "good enough". Really pisses me off actually. If Whaley and Marrone lose their jobs this year, they will look back on what they did in rounds 4 and 5 of this years' draft. They had the chance to draft a very good QB and declined. Critical error, in my opinion.

Regardless of how we got here, management has to know that we need to solve this problem and we need to do it now. KC just might be our best option to fill that need.

I like Murray but your advocating trading next years 2 for a fifth round current rookie during training camp... Really?

If this is true Marrone is a fool. Most NFL HCs get one shot. When he agreed to come here he had to know that he would get one QB and that's it. It's worse now... anything less than playoffs and the new ownership is likely to fire everyone.

How do you know this? You don't even know who the new owner is, much less what he is thinking. What if they finish 9-7 or 10-6 and miss the playoffs. Bandit in another thread said if Pegs is the new owner Brandon, Whaley, and most likely Marrone are back regardless, and he usually knows what he is talking about. Edited by LOVEMESOMEBILLS

I like Murray but your advocating trading next years 2 for a fifth round current rookie during training camp... Really?

Yup. And only because that's what I think it will take to get him. Reid is licking his chops with this kid. If a third would get it done, then great. I really believe that KC sees him as their future QB and I doubt they'd move him, even now, for a 3rd.

My first choice would actually be to do the draft all over again and take him in the 4th or 5th when he was available there. It is completely and total inexuseable that our current management team thought they were "set" at QB with the three on our roster today. Even if that were true, the teams that really "get it" never pass up an opportunity to add more good QB's to their roster. Yet ours told the world "Nope. We're good. We have Thad Lewis and Jeff Tuel! We've got enough great QB's, thank you very much!!"

EJ is the starter period. We're probably not gonna bring in someone else to supplant him nor should we. Plus, he's good IMHO. I'm good with Thaddeus as 2nd string and think he's a decent backup. Not sure why so many on here are so down on him. In 5 starts last year, he won 2. If the D could have helped any at all instead of getting run over, we could have beat Cinci. Same goes for that last game vs Patsies. The other loss was to Saints.

But Tuel Time stinks. EJ will get hurt at some point this season probably. Thatddeus may as well. We need to improve at backup.

I think there are going to be some decent QB cuts this year that would be a good backup.

Any one of these guys who may get cut I would advocate picking up:

Christan Ponder

Joe Webb

Tarvaris Jackson

Terrell Pryor

Mark Sanchez

Carson Palmer's brother

All these guys would be better than Tuel Time. Nice kid, but he's just not good enough.

I liked Aaron Murray coming out too and I wouldn't have been against a flyer on him in the 4th or 5th round... we were jumping all round the board I lost track a bit of who was left at certain points after day 2 (maybe the FO did too? Haha). However, having not drafted him I don't want to trade for him, or anyone unless I can wangle a player for player trade. We have given up enough of next year's draft in my opinion. Equally at this stage I think we need an experienced back up who has played in this league, not another kid with potential.