Available QBs ... Slim pickings ?

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sanchez would have been a very very nice backup QB to have. Not that we were ever considering - that is more the type of move that winning organizations make. Still amazes me how many on this board would have been completely against it, given how predictable it was that we would have a bad QB situation.

Even Rex Grossman (recently signed by the Browns) would have a backup upgrade.

The fact that the Bills are in this position, devoid of a quality backup QB, the most important positon on the roster, is just complete GM incompetence. I am not blaming the current staff.

-

The issue shouldn't cost anyone their job because it was the fault of the previous GM. If the coach is unhappy with the roster and he requests the GM to find him someone, then he is in the clear (unless the record takes a serious nose dive).

I've never been happy with Tuel as a backup, and now even Lewis looks bad.

Ryan Nassib might get a reunion with Marrone, Hackett http://nfltraderumors.co/giants-qb-ryan-nassib-wr-mario-manningham-among-players-on-roster-bubble/ Although I'm not s sure that's a good thing.

TJ Yates, Case Keenum from Houston.

Christian Ponder Minnesota

Terrelle Pryor Seattle

I'm sure there will be some players available should Tuel & Lewis continue to stink it up.

I've never been happy with Tuel as a backup, and now even Lewis looks bad.

Ryan Nassib might get a reunion with Marrone, Hackett http://nfltraderumors.co/giants-qb-ryan-nassib-wr-mario-manningham-among-players-on-roster-bubble/ Although I'm not s sure that's a good thing.

TJ Yates, Case Keenum from Houston.

Christian Ponder Minnesota

Terrelle Pryor Seattle

I'm sure there will be some players available should Tuel & Lewis continue to stink it up.

im pretty sure Yates was traded to Atlanta

Even Rex Grossman (recently signed by the Browns) would have a backup upgrade.

The fact that the Bills are in this position, devoid of a quality backup QB, the most important positon on the roster, is just complete GM incompetence. I am not blaming the current staff.

-

The issue shouldn't cost anyone their job because it was the fault of the previous GM. If the coach is unhappy with the roster and he requests the GM to find him someone, then he is in the clear (unless the record takes a serious nose dive).

I'm not firing Whaley for it but pretty much since the day it happened I've been upset he cut tjax for no reason.

If it was at final cuts, sure. But no reason at all to do it early. The closest justification I've seen was kindness but his signing bonus was plenty kind for me to hold his rights til late august.

I think Ponder is a realistic option of who could be available assuming cost to trade for him wouldn't be too high as there will be QBs available the pickings will be slim for anything other then pure journeymen.

I would hv a lot more confidence with Ponder as backup and think could actually push EJ a bit or even give the team another option just in case.

Edited by Max997

I think Ponder is a realistic option of who could be available assuming cost to trade for him wouldn't be too high as there will be QBs available the pickings will be slim for anything other then pure journeymen.

I would hv a lot more confidence with Ponder as backup and think could actually push EJ a bit or even give the team another option just in case.

well they should be used to pushing each other from college. Interesting if it were to happen.