Available QBs ... Slim pickings ?

I posted this in a different thread but what about Branch for Pryor, McGloin or even Ponder? Can we use the depth at DT or WR to get a back up QB that is 3rd on someone else's depth chart? Pryor would be my pick (doubt the Pats would send us Mallet unless he isn't good).

I like that thinking. I'd go Pryor, Sanchez then McGloin. Better to use the depth than just cut it!

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All of the above can be seen in his very first preseason game. Watch this guy and remember this was his rookie season

https://www.youtube....h?v=P7H9hyVHcAM

Last week, relieving Brady, Mallett SUCKED. Way worse than we've ever seen any of our current QBs play. This past week he looked better, taking third string reps.

He is big and stupid,. You like him because he looked good, against player who don't play, in one preseason game last year?

For the most part, though, the guy has zero track record, therefore he hasn't looked bad yet. I love that logic. A pig in a poke.

Just to be clear, we are talking backups, correct?

That being said, I really think Josh Freeman is the best risk/reward prop there is. I know something happened that caused him to fall off a cliff, but a lot of it had to be the situation in TB. The guy had elite NFL QB traits. He's 26. Maybe he's a little humbled and hungry now after the past year.

Either way, he's - thousand time better than Tuel and Thad combined.

Alex Smith is tearing up Carolina's defense right now. Something EJ had trouble doing.

For better or worse, it's EJ or bust this year. If he gets hurt, we go from having a glimmer of hope at reaching the playoffs to having a JV high school QB starting for us.

It's frightening to think about what he's gonna do at the Ralph this November.

Just about what he did last year, 19-29 for 124 yards with 0 TD and 0 int. I'm so afraid!

@mikefreemanNFL

RT @PriscoCBS: Dink. Dunk. Dink. Dunk. Dink. Dunk>>what is…what happens inside your head?

@PriscoCBS

@mikefreemannfl Chiefs passing game.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

I don't know who will be available prior to THIS season starting, or who will be out there before next season begins, but I will say that if I were a good QB looking for a home where I could be successful I'd look long and hard at Buffalo. We have a lot going for us to make the situation appealing, and you really couldn't say that just a few years ago. (The O-line will get worked out, I think we're just an OG or 2 and some experience away from being quite good.)

Is there a Peyton Manning, Drew Brees, Alex Smith out there looking for a new home? Yeah, didn't think so...

Time to cross the fingers and say a prayer for EJ.

Edited by Augie

Just about what he did last year, 19-29 for 124 yards with 0 TD and 0 int. I'm so afraid!

@mikefreemanNFL

RT @PriscoCBS: Dink. Dunk. Dink. Dunk. Dink. Dunk>>what is…what happens inside your head?

@PriscoCBS

@mikefreemannfl Chiefs passing game.

He's gonna make the Bills' secondary look like a barber shop quartet.

Edited by Badasss

He's gonna make the Bills' secondary look like a barber shop quartet.

It's odd that your hanging on a qb that we shut down last year, and saying how ej couldn't perform against a team we beat last year..... And a preseason game.

Not arguing ej is great or smith terrible. Just an oddly framed argument given our experience in the regular season.

It's odd that your hanging on a qb that we shut down last year, and saying how ej couldn't perform against a team we beat last year..... And a preseason game.

Not arguing ej is great or smith terrible. Just an oddly framed argument given our experience in the regular season.

Smith's YPA at the Ralph last year was 4.27.....That is abominable! His argument is silly at best.

Sure. But does he want to play?

What I understand is that reports about his wanting to retire were not substantiated. After being let go by the Cowboys, no such quotes or reports have surfaced. So I assume he doesn't mind playing. Also, he is just 31 years old so should be still good enough to hold the fort if EJ can't go. Much better option as a #2 compared to what we have and who else is out there.

Edited by Fan in Chicago

What I understand is that reports about his wanting to retire were not substantiated. After being let go by the Cowboys, no such quotes or reports have surfaced. So I assume he doesn't mind playing. Also, he is just 31 years old so should be still good enough to hold the fort if EJ can't go. Much better option as a #2 compared to what we have and who else is out there.

totally agree

The issue shouldn't cost anyone their job because it was the fault of the previous GM. If the coach is unhappy with the roster and he requests the GM to find him someone, then he is in the clear (unless the record takes a serious nose dive).

It should cost Whaley his job. In fact, if they don't win more than 7 games this year, he should be toast as he had the opportunity to upgrade our QB position this draft (as well as next year's draft) and he failed to do so. But if Whaley goes down, by default Marrone will go down too.

Edited by kas23

Last week, relieving Brady, Mallett SUCKED. Way worse than we've ever seen any of our current QBs play. This past week he looked better, taking third string reps.

He is big and stupid,. You like him because he looked good, against player who don't play, in one preseason game last year?

For the most part, though, the guy has zero track record, therefore he hasn't looked bad yet. I love that logic. A pig in a poke.

1 year ago the logic on this board was the guy is schooled by Bilichick and studied behind Tom Brady who is rarely hurt.

Now that he is available and hasn't played much then the guy MUST suck, hows that for logic ? :w00t:

Edited by HOUSE