Why Does Al Sharpton Need Police Officer's Name?

3rdnlng

• Replies 470
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Do a ride along with an urban LEO and then get back to us. It's nice to think the world is roses and sunshine and cops don't discriminate against minorities, but it just isn't reality. It's a narrative white folks tell themselves to help them feel better about ignoring the actual reality of how police interact with minorities every single day in this country.

Don't presume to know my experience. And don't put words in my mouth. I know white guilt is your thing and I don't want to deprive you of it, but this situation has all the markings of a manufactured crisis. Claiming some urban cops are not evenhanded when dealing with people of different colors is not the same thing as establishing the kind of systematic and violent discrimination and violence that we're being told exists. If cops were mowing down black "kids" the way the race hustlers and guilty white liberals would like us to believe, they wouldn't have to exploit Trayvon Martin typed scenarios to stir up controversy.

So, many people are concerned about the militarization of police forces, but applaud calling in the national guard to restore order in difficult situations. What's wrong with this picture?

This just in: National Guard troops ARE military trained, armed, organized, etc.

So, many people are concerned about the militarization of police forces, but applaud calling in the national guard to restore order in difficult situations. What's wrong with this picture?

This just in: National Guard troops ARE military trained, armed, organized, etc.

Not sure where I stand on this. But check out this map.

http://www.nytimes.c...t-map.html?_r=0

Brown was hit six times before he died, I am thinking he was on something.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/08/18/us/michael-brown-autopsy-shows-he-was-shot-at-least-6-times.html

Edited by Gary M

Four times in the right arm.

I am thinking you are on something.

"Dr. Baden provided a diagram of the entry wounds, and noted that the six shots produced numerous wounds. Some of the bullets entered and exited several times, including one that left at least five different wounds."

“This one here looks like his head was bent downward,” he said, indicating the wound at the very top of Mr. Brown’s head. “It can be because he’s giving up, or because he’s charging forward at the officer.”

Edited by Gary M

Not sure where I stand on this. But check out this map.

http://www.nytimes.c...t-map.html?_r=0

I agree that there are ?'s to be resolved, but I'd rather see military equipment surveyed out of active service put in the hands of our police forces (w/ proper training!) than left on the battlefield for some terrorists to scarf up, e.g., ISIS.

An autopsy conducted on Michael Brown, the unarmed 18-year-old fatally shot by Ferguson, Missouri, police officer Darren Wilson last Saturday, shows that Brown was shot at least six times, twice in the head and all in the front of the body.

The New York Times reported the results of a private autopsy conducted by Dr. Michael Baden, who was hired by the Brown family.

Baden conducted the autopsy on Sunday, according to the Times.

One bullet entered the top of Brown’s skull. Four struck him in the right arm. All bullets hit Brown in the front of the body, according to the autopsy.

According to Baden, the shots did not appear to have been fired at close range given the lack of gunpowder on Brown’s body. A further determination on gunpowder will have to be made after assessing the teen’s clothes.

Of course, NONE of this disproves "excessive force" or wrongdoing by the officer, but the media/Left narrative of the "unarmed Black child gunned down while running away" is proved bogus.

No, dummy, it matters because it's the topic of the conversation. And you know that, because you love commenting in these kinds of threads pretending to not care about the issue -- which is just hysterically untrue. You do care. And you care a lot because you have very passionate and pointed opinions you just can't wait to share in each of these threads.

You're in denial, my friend. You should really look at this issue deeper. Or be honest about it.

Yeah... This is the work of a man who doesn't care at all or have an opinion on the matter.

You're a fraud. Or full of ****. One or the other.

I would be a fraud. My values are far below my beliefs. It is hard for me to believe that I actually believe - and I do, sadly - that the victim offers nothing to society. That the officer did the world a favor. I believe we should all treat each other respectfully and I do not believe in violence. I don't see anything in this world that seperates one man from another. But, for all that I believe I cannot feel that way.

I know I am not perfect and I do not claim to be...often. but this case is over blown and ridiculous. There is no reason it deserves attention.

Oh yeah, that's not cool anymore. What's cool now? I mean, screw those girls because we tried.

Isis is doing that right now and don't need any help.

They send completely uninformed "journalists" to "report" the "news," and wonder why we hold their "reporting" in contempt.

CYbF8R0.jpg

Ryan J. Reilly is a D.C.-based reporter who covers the Justice Department and the Supreme Court for The Huffington Post.

If those are rubber bullets, then this is an assault rifle:tricked-out-toy-ak.jpg

Isis is doing that right now and don't need any help.

If those are rubber bullets, then this is an assault rifle:tricked-out-toy-ak.jpg

Let's see, detachable magazine, "high capacity" magazine (I count 6 visible projectiles, plus whatever is under the plastic), bayonet lug, pistol grip, and that scary looking triangle at the end of the barrel (yes, I talked to a gun control freak who thought the front sight post was some modern assault rifle contraption)

You should be jailed for posting picutes of such AR Style Assault Glocks in the Intarweb. I mean children could see it.

But at least they are trained to handle military grade equipment and situations, unlike the vast majority of police officers.

I would be a fraud. My values are far below my beliefs. It is hard for me to believe that I actually believe - and I do, sadly - that the victim offers nothing to society. That the officer did the world a favor. I believe we should all treat each other respectfully and I do not believe in violence. I don't see anything in this world that seperates one man from another. But, for all that I believe I cannot feel that way.

I know I am not perfect and I do not claim to be...often. but this case is over blown and ridiculous. There is no reason it deserves attention.

You still aren't being honest with yourself or this thread. But that's okay. You do you, keep on pretending like you don't care or have a horse in this race and we will keep laughing at your dishonesty and ignorance.

But at least they are trained to handle military grade equipment and situations, unlike the vast majority of police officers.

You still aren't being honest with yourself or this thread. But that's okay. You do you, keep on pretending like you don't care or have a horse in this race and we will keep laughing at your dishonesty and ignorance.

just like a liberal. Laugh at others and hold yourself above them

just like a liberal. Laugh at others and hold yourself above them

I'm not a liberal and I'm not laughing at you because I hold myself above you, I am laughing at you because you are full of **** and claim not to care about race or these issues yet you're always the first in line to add your voice to these threads -- usually by saying something incredibly off color and trying to hide it in humor.

You just are terrible at it. Your true agenda shines through.

That's why I am laughing you and only you.

Edited by GreggyT

I'm not a liberal and I'm not laughing at you because I hold myself above you, I am laughing at you because you are full of **** and claim not to care about race or these issues yet you're always the first in line to add your voice to these threads -- usually by saying something incredibly off color and trying to hide it in humor.

You just are terrible at it. Your true agenda shines through.

That's why I am laughing you and only you.

at this point and further back its been to bait you for fun

at this point and further back its been to bait you for fun

Considering the frequency you add your voice to these threads, many of which my own is absent, the idea you have only posted in this thread to bait me is as laughable as your insistence you "don't care".

You should really work on your comedic chops if you think you've done anything in this thread but make yourself look foolish. I expect more from you. You're not honest with your own opinions and feelings on this issue, I wonder why that is.

Considering the frequency you add your voice to these threads, many of which my own is absent, the idea you have only posted in this thread to bait me is as laughable as your insistence you "don't care".

You should really work on your comedic chops if you think you've done anything in this thread but make yourself look foolish. I expect more from you. You're not honest with your own opinions and feelings on this issue, I wonder why that is.

'Cause souther man don't need 'em around anyhow.

Edited by Chef Jim