Why Does Al Sharpton Need Police Officer's Name?

3rdnlng

What is happening on the streets in this country exactly? You have witnessed it first hand, so I want to be learned and know. Teach me obie wand cannoli.

Take a ride along and find out for yourself. You'd be stunned.

How else should cops react? I'm not a cop apologist here, but what you call discrimination, I call playing the odds. A white guy with two kids in the back seat is less likely to be carrying than a balck kid with his pants hanging down, tatted up, and a doo-rag on. Who do you search? Who do you suspect to be carrying? Who is more likely to be carrying? Who do you fear has a weapon more? Who do you fear is going to strike you more?

I don't doubt they go too far. In fact, I'm sure they do. But let's not act like the environment gives them no reason to be act how they do against minorities. I doubt every cop beats up a black kid because he "hates minorities."

Again, that's not how our legal system is supposed to work. It's innocent until proven guilty, not guilty by association or skin color. I never said every cop hates minorities, in fact black cops are harsher towards black citizens than white cops from what I have witnessed first hand. Folks like you, aristocrats, rob and jboyst who like to pretend this is all a myth or liberal fantasies are woefully uninformed.

And it shows in posts like these.

• Replies 470
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Again, that's not how our legal system is supposed to work. It's innocent until proven guilty, not guilty by association or skin color. I never said every cop hates minorities, in fact black cops are harsher towards black citizens than white cops from what I have witnessed first hand. Folks like you, aristocrats, rob and jboyst who like to pretend this is all a myth or liberal fantasies are woefully uninformed.

so i am confused. stunned at how the police behave? how they have to deal with stupid people? how they are some times stupid themselves because they're human, too? just in general, would i be amazed at stupid people? because, so far, just from you, i am not amazed. you're just stupid.

why are we discussing skin color in the first place? oh, that is right, because you're stupid amazing. there have been no indications race had anything to do with this so why do you bring it up? oh, that is right, because you're stupid amazing. so, you act like a sheep because it is par for the course of stupid amazing people like you, to be stupid amazing. but, oh, whats that, that is right, it's because you're stupid amazing

so i am confused. stunned at how the police behave? how they have to deal with stupid people? how they are some times stupid themselves because they're human, too? just in general, would i be amazed at stupid people? because, so far, just from you, i am not amazed. you're just stupid.

why are we discussing skin color in the first place? oh, that is right, because you're stupid amazing. there have been no indications race had anything to do with this so why do you bring it up? oh, that is right, because you're stupid amazing. so, you act like a sheep because it is par for the course of stupid amazing people like you, to be stupid amazing. but, oh, whats that, that is right, it's because you're stupid amazing

I didn't bring it up, I responded to robs post. But way to dodge the issue. Ignorance isn't truth, it's just ignorance.

Greg, if you were a cop on patrol, what neighborhood would you be more relaxed in, Compton, East LA or Fullerton?

Greg, if you were a cop on patrol, what neighborhood would you be more relaxed in, Compton, East LA or Fullerton?

Dodge all you want, you're still missing the issue which is that if you have dark skin, regardless of your actions, you are viewed first and foremost as a suspect by the average joe cop rather than a citizen. That's not a myth, it's a reality. And it's because of this illegal and unfair perception that events like what (may have) happened in Ferguson become tragic.

Don't even ask that. Ask what neighborhood he would spend more time in. Unfortunately, the urban areas have more crime and those are often more populated by minorities. Thus, it is true they are more likely to be encountered by police by default. It does not necessarily mean they are more likely to commit a crime but if they do they are more likely to be seen by police.

If you're stupid amazing than you say it is unfair that the police are in the higher crime areas.

If you're a logical person you say it doesn't matter what color someone is when they commit a crime. It's still a crime.

I didn't bring it up, I responded to robs post. But way to dodge the issue. Ignorance isn't truth, it's just ignorance.

What exactly is the issue? There isn't an issue.

The issue you want to bring up is why there is rioting. There is rioting because of stupid amazing like you!

Dodge all you want, you're still missing the issue which is that if you have dark skin, regardless of your actions, you are viewed first and foremost as a suspect by the average joe cop rather than a citizen. That's not a myth, it's a reality. And it's because of this illegal and unfair perception that events like what (may have) happened in Ferguson become tragic.

so, is it just me or am i the only one thinking he is projecting?

Don't even ask that. Ask what neighborhood he would spend more time in. Unfortunately, the urban areas have more crime and those are often more populated by minorities. Thus, it is true they are more likely to be encountered by police by default. It does not necessarily mean they are more likely to commit a crime but if they do they are more likely to be seen by police.

If you're stupid amazing than you say it is unfair that the police are in the higher crime areas.

If you're a logical person you say it doesn't matter what color someone is when they commit a crime. It's still a crime.

What exactly is the issue? There isn't an issue.

The issue you want to bring up is why there is rioting. There is rioting because of stupid amazing like you!

so, is it just me or am i the only one thinking he is projecting?

You're an idiot who seemingly cannot read, or comprehend, what I am talking about. But that's okay, you're white so this issue doesn't impact you.

Sorry Greg but facts are facts and if I'm a cop patrolling Compton or East LA then the hair on my neck is going to stand up quite a bit more than if I'm in Fullerton or Anaheim. See the stats:

http://en.metapedia.org/wiki/Race_and_crime

The report The Color of Crime (2005, second expanded edition) by the New Century Foundation states that there are several problems with the official crime statistics in the United States. These tend to cause underestimation of racial crime differences. One example being "Whites" sometimes including Hispanics. Another is not adjusting for that the different racial groups differ in population size. The report reviews the more accurate statistics that is available and describes many large differences in crime rates between races. The report also examines the research on possible bias against racial minorities in the justice system and the police and concludes that bias not a significant explanation for the different racial crime rates.[3]

It major findings were stated as:[3]

• Blacks are seven times more likely than people of other races to commit murder, and eight times more likely to commit robbery.
  • When Blacks commit crimes of violence, they are nearly three times more likely than non-Blacks to use a gun, and more than twice as likely to use a knife.
  • Hispanics commit violent crimes at roughly three times the white rate, and Asians commit violent crimes at about one quarter the White rate.
  • The single best indicator of violent crime levels in an area is the percentage of the population that is Black and Hispanic.
  • Of the nearly 770,000 violent interracial crimes committed every year involving Blacks and Whites, Blacks commit 85 percent and Whites commit 15 percent.
  • Blacks commit more violent crime against whites than against blacks. Forty-five percent of their victims are white, 43 percent are Black, and 10 percent are Hispanic. When Whites commit violent crime, only three percent of their victims are Black.
  • Blacks are an estimated 39 times more likely to commit a violent crime against a White than vice versa, and 136 times more likely to commit robbery.
  • Blacks are 2.25 times more likely to commit officially-designated hate crimes against whites than vice versa.
  • Only 10 percent of youth gang members are white.
  • Hispanics are 19 times more likely than whites to be members of youth gangs. Blacks are 15 times more likely, and Asians are nine times more likely.
  • Between 1980 and 2003 the US incarceration rate more than tripled, from 139 to 482 per 100,000, and the number of prisoners increased from 320,000 to 1.39 million.
  • Blacks are seven times more likely to be in prison than Whites. Hispanics are three times more likely.

The report also stated that between 2001 and 2003 there were an average of 15,400 Black-on-White rapes. The number of White-on-Black rapes were unclear. Counting some Hispanics as Whites, there were 900 "White"-on-Black rapes. Blacks were 7.2 time more likely to commit interracial rape even after controlling for differences in population size and for the higher general rate of rape for Blacks. This may suggest a deliberate targeting of Whites.[3]

There were 10,000 gang-rapes by Blacks against Whites between but not a single "White"-on-Black gang rape.[3]

A common myth is that Whites are more likely to commit white-collar offenses. Actually, Blacks are 3-5 times more likely than Whites to be in prison for fraud, bribery/conflict of interest, racketeering, and embezzlement.[3]........................................................................................

Sorry Greg but facts are facts and if I'm a cop patrolling Compton or East LA then the hair on my neck is going to stand up quite a bit more than if I'm in Fullerton or Anaheim. See the stats:

http://en.metapedia.org/wiki/Race_and_crime

The report The Color of Crime (2005, second expanded edition) by the New Century Foundation states that there are several problems with the official crime statistics in the United States. These tend to cause underestimation of racial crime differences. One example being "Whites" sometimes including Hispanics. Another is not adjusting for that the different racial groups differ in population size. The report reviews the more accurate statistics that is available and describes many large differences in crime rates between races. The report also examines the research on possible bias against racial minorities in the justice system and the police and concludes that bias not a significant explanation for the different racial crime rates.[3]

It major findings were stated as:[3]

• Blacks are seven times more likely than people of other races to commit murder, and eight times more likely to commit robbery.
  • When Blacks commit crimes of violence, they are nearly three times more likely than non-Blacks to use a gun, and more than twice as likely to use a knife.
  • Hispanics commit violent crimes at roughly three times the white rate, and Asians commit violent crimes at about one quarter the White rate.
  • The single best indicator of violent crime levels in an area is the percentage of the population that is Black and Hispanic.
  • Of the nearly 770,000 violent interracial crimes committed every year involving Blacks and Whites, Blacks commit 85 percent and Whites commit 15 percent.
  • Blacks commit more violent crime against whites than against blacks. Forty-five percent of their victims are white, 43 percent are Black, and 10 percent are Hispanic. When Whites commit violent crime, only three percent of their victims are Black.
  • Blacks are an estimated 39 times more likely to commit a violent crime against a White than vice versa, and 136 times more likely to commit robbery.
  • Blacks are 2.25 times more likely to commit officially-designated hate crimes against whites than vice versa.
  • Only 10 percent of youth gang members are white.
  • Hispanics are 19 times more likely than whites to be members of youth gangs. Blacks are 15 times more likely, and Asians are nine times more likely.
  • Between 1980 and 2003 the US incarceration rate more than tripled, from 139 to 482 per 100,000, and the number of prisoners increased from 320,000 to 1.39 million.
  • Blacks are seven times more likely to be in prison than Whites. Hispanics are three times more likely.

The report also stated that between 2001 and 2003 there were an average of 15,400 Black-on-White rapes. The number of White-on-Black rapes were unclear. Counting some Hispanics as Whites, there were 900 "White"-on-Black rapes. Blacks were 7.2 time more likely to commit interracial rape even after controlling for differences in population size and for the higher general rate of rape for Blacks. This may suggest a deliberate targeting of Whites.[3]

There were 10,000 gang-rapes by Blacks against Whites between but not a single "White"-on-Black gang rape.[3]

A common myth is that Whites are more likely to commit white-collar offenses. Actually, Blacks are 3-5 times more likely than Whites to be in prison for fraud, bribery/conflict of interest, racketeering, and embezzlement.[3]........................................................................................

None of these statistics changes the fact our legal system is based on the concept of innocent until proven guilty. It's not only for people of lighter complexion, is it?

You're making two divergent arguments and trying to force it into one but it's a fools errand. On one hand you're saying cops are justified in being more cautious when on patrol in black neighborhoods (even though the neighborhoods you mentioned are predominately Hispanic) which is not the issue I'm discussing. On the other you're citing (questionable) statistics as evidence for why profiling is necessary

Situational awareness is different than actively profiling all people of darker skin because of the actions of a few.

Edited by GreggyT

None of these statistics changes the fact our legal system is based on the concept of innocent until proven guilty. It's not only for people of lighter complexion, is it?

You're making two divergent arguments and trying to force it into one but it's a fools errand. On one hand you're saying cops are justified in being more cautious when on patrol in black neighborhoods (even though the neighborhoods you mentioned are predominately Hispanic) which is not the issue I'm discussing. On the other you're citing (questionable) statistics as evidence for why profiling is necessary

Situational awareness is different than actively profiling all people of darker skin because of the actions of a few.

Well, I've been away from the LA area for awhile--like the first Jerry Brown f-up, so I could not be up to what hoods are hoods now. I'm saying that Black and Hispanic areas, as a cop would make me more concerned on patrol than a white neighborhood. Can you disagree?

Well, I've been away from the LA area for awhile--like the first Jerry Brown f-up, so I could not be up to what hoods are hoods now. I'm saying that Black and Hispanic areas, as a cop would make me more concerned on patrol than a white neighborhood. Can you disagree?

Situational awareness is not the issue. Situational awareness is part of the job and can mean the difference between life and death -- but it's not the issue I'm discussing or rob was discussing. His claim was that police profiling of minorities was a myth -- and that's laughably incorrect. As is this attempt to divert the topic.

I am half black on my moms side, but thanks.

Riiiiight. So at least you're constantly full of ****. That's something. It's not as good as being able to have an actual conversation with another person who's views conflict with your own, but it's something...

Situational awareness is not the issue. Situational awareness is part of the job and can mean the difference between life and death -- but it's not the issue I'm discussing or rob was discussing. His claim was that police profiling of minorities was a myth -- and that's laughably incorrect. As is this attempt to divert the topic.

Riiiiight. So at least you're constantly full of ****. That's something. It's not as good as being able to have an actual conversation with another person who's views conflict with your own, but it's something...

you're a racist

you are saying i'm **** because i'm half black. that's just racist.

Edited by jboyst62

Why is a person of color first and foremost thought of as a suspect? Come hang with me at my home high above the hills in Oakland. We'll take a drive down to the flatlands where all the !@#$ed up action is. We'll take a look around and you tell me what skin color is most predominant. And I'll ask you the same question I asked in the first sentence.

I'm not saying that was Robs premise at all. I'm saying that profiling is legitimate. If I'm a cop I'm gonna look closer at the black guy with his pants down to his knees than the blue haired grandma.

Is that why Gugny, when he is with you, quivers in anticipation? After all, according to him his shoe size is like a 3.

Gugny does many things whilst with me.

Why is a person of color first and foremost thought of as a suspect? Come hang with me at my home high above the hills in Oakland. We'll take a drive down to the flatlands where all the !@#$ed up action is. We'll take a look around and you tell me what skin color is most predominant. And I'll ask you the same question I asked in the first sentence.

I'd like to hear more about your take of this and your response to TGurl; I appreciate your thoughts. So, if ya have time and feel like it...I'd be curious to hear more.

you're a racist

you are saying i'm **** because i'm half black. that's just racist.

No, I'm saying you're full of **** because your jboyst and it's your style.

And I will tell you what I've been saying all along, it's innocent until proven guilty, not guilt by association or skin color. If the boys in blue aren't playing by those rules (which they aren't) that's a violation of every fundamental right we supposedly hold as American citizens.

I'm not saying that was Robs premise at all. I'm saying that profiling is legitimate. If I'm a cop I'm gonna look closer at the black guy with his pants down to his knees than the blue haired grandma.

Profiling can be a tool in the right hands. In the wrong hands it's a weapon against our civil liberties. And this is the reality that people of color have to deal with on a daily basis. To deny that's an issue, or to deny that it's illegal, is just a sign of how uninformed you are on the subject.

Gugny does many things whilst with me.

I'd like to hear more about your take of this and your response to TGurl; I appreciate your thoughts. So, if ya have time and feel like it...I'd be curious to hear more.

I love that you're so intimidated by an opposing viewpoint you completely belittle it before dismissing it. It shows how tiny your world view actually is. Though, this isn't surprising.

I'm not pretending it's a fantasy. In fact, I said it happens. I agree with you that black citizens are treated harsher. I think that's common knowledge. The only thing that I'm offering is a reason why black citizens are being treated harsher. And yeah, I know, it's wrong to judge a book by its cover.

Don't get your back up with a moral high ground here. When I avoid an adolescent black guy with tatoos on the street, I know I'm being prejudiced. I also know I'm being prudent. Sure, he could be a nice guy. But I'm not gonna bet my life on it.

And cops are human. There are cops like me. I'm sure there are cops that started out like you and the years and violence in urban communities drained that from them. Similar to how doctors start out with a deep reverence for life and then become jaded.

Edited by FireChan

No, I'm saying you're full of **** because your jboyst and it's your style.

So, I got style? So what? Don't wear it out.

What would my skin color have anything to do with anything? We're on the internet for Jimmy Crickets sake.

I love that you're so intimidated by an opposing viewpoint you completely belittle it before dismissing it. It shows how tiny your world view actually is. Though, this isn't surprising.

I do not want to get intimate with you, I am sorry. Pervert. Please, keep this place clean.

No wonder PPP has a bad rep. Sicko.

I'm not pretending it's a fantasy. In fact, I said it happens. I agree with you that black citizens are treated harsher. I think that's common knowledge. The only thing that I'm offering is a reason why black citizens are being treated harsher. And yeah, I know, it's wrong to judge a book by its cover.

Don't get your back up with a moral high ground here. When I avoid an adolescent black guy with tatoos on the street, I know I'm being prejudiced. I also know I'm being prudent. Sure, he could be a nice guy. But I'm not gonna bet my life on it.