Training camp - Pittsburgh style

YoloinOhio

• Replies 492
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, but how is Jeff Tuel doing?

#TuelTime

I am not sure I take Joe B seriously anymore on his reporting of Manuel. He seems on a mission. Maybe not, but it seems that way. I have never taken Rodak seriously.

It's just overanalyzing. You also have to understand Joe B is a Seminoles fan and he has no football background. So just reports what he sees, wait that's not true, he chooses to report certain things he sees.

I am not sure I take Joe B seriously anymore on his reporting of Manuel. He seems on a mission. Maybe not, but it seems that way. I have never taken Rodak seriously.

Joe B is fairly objective in his reporting. Sometimes he can focus a tad much on the negative but I don't think he's really exaggerating when he reports on EJ.

Joe B is fairly objective in his reporting. Sometimes he can focus a tad much on the negative but I don't think he's really exaggerating when he reports on EJ.

Perhaps not. I have not been to the practices so I cannot really measure what he says. It just seems to me that his reporting on Manuel has taken on the characteristics of a "drumbeat". It has been clear for quite a while that he does not think highly of EJ and I think it clouds his observations. I do enjoy his reports by in large and like his All 22 breakdowns in season, but I think he is looking for negatives on Manuel as a rule. Just my impression. That said, perhaps EJ really did suck today, but I will wait for reporting other than Joe B and Rodak to come to that conclusion.

Edited by MDFan

I don't understand assuming reporters "hate" buffalo because they report about them struggling. Newsflash they have been struggling for 14 years.

Which would be great if they were writing articles about the Bills' past struggles, not recording the current news of the day. But they use that historical knowledge to misrepresent and constantly interweave with the current product. No **** they've sucked.

Which would be great if they were writing articles about the Bills' past struggles, not recording the current news of the day. But they use that historical knowledge to misrepresent and constantly interweave with the current product. No **** they've sucked.

I don't understand how you know they are misrepresenting the current product unless you're there watching as well.

I think a lot of fans just hope that they are misrepresenting because they don't like what they are hearing.

More like we didnt dominate them so our negative nancy media put out the negative vibe

Sooooo, did we win the game, or lose? Confused...

Tim Graham@ByTimGraham 57m

CFL scout who has been watching NFL training camp practices past 22 days tells me today's Bills-Steelers session most competitive he's seen.

Pssssst, CFL - LIES!

Edited by Heitz

I asked the AP guy covering the team if Bills looked bad.

I asked the AP guy covering the team if the bills looked bad: "@WillGravesAP: not really. It's hard to tell but they were hardly an embarrassment. Watkins looks like the real deal." @yoloinohio

Sounds like the Bills got their butts handed to them today against the Steelers. IMO, that can be a good thing as the players can see it as a wake up call to step up their game.

I think these scrimmages are great, to a degree they hold players somewhat accountable

as opposed to practicing with just teammates.Probably make fringe players very nervous.Also,

they can expose medicore coaching schemes. This pre season with 5 games and these two

practices are just what a team like the Bills need to answer a lot of questions.They should be

ready too eat bear by week one.

I think these scrimmages are great, to a degree they hold players somewhat accountable

as opposed to practicing with just teammates.Probably make fringe players very nervous.Also,

they can expose medicore coaching schemes. This pre season with 5 games and these two

practices are just what a team like the Bills need to answer a lot of questions.They should be

i wonder how many bitzing schemes Pitt puts in training camp so the bills might be seeing it....cuz they blitz a LOT during the regular season

I agree 100% This is exactly what a team like the Bills (who have had a losing culture for years) need to turn the corner. The extra preseason game and scrimmages will help them be better prepared for the season.

Interesting - CB says EJ looked good at the end of practice, was working the middle of the field (TE and seam routes) well as Pittsburgh was shutting down the outside. Also said EJ missed some passes earlier (low, a couple off the mark), but was decisive in his reads and throws...

fwiw.