Stevie talks Bills in SI.com interview

YoloinOhio

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unless he drops a pass

I'm sure you won't have to wait long for that to happen.

If he was still on the Bills, he would be fighting for a roster spot with the WR corps they have now.

If you want to say he's a nice guy, that's fine, but the team is better off without him and his carefree attitude.

I'm sure you won't have to wait long for that to happen.

If he was still on the Bills, he would be fighting for a roster spot with the WR corps they have now.

If you want to say he's a nice guy, that's fine, but the team is better off without him and his carefree attitude.

if SJ wad still here, Woods and Williams would be fighting him for time. I wouldn't be surprised if we never heard complaining about dropped balls from him again. Not that he won't, Bills fans just have a way of extenuating them....

It really is too bad that Greggo Marrone could not figure out a way to work with Stevie. It should not have been that difficult, but with limited coaching experience and a thin skin it seems like it was not meant to be. I think SJ will do well in SF. It was nice having a guy that loved being a Bill. I think Eric Wood loves it, Freddie loves it and CJ says he loves it. I hope Sammy adopts SJ's mind set in many aspects. When Greggo Marrone is inevitably jettisoned after this year maybe we will get a coach more capable of dealing with pro players and situations.

I don't think the problem was Marrone. I think EJ was the one who had trouble establishing chemistry with Stevie.

EJ is a young QB who struggles with progressions. The NFL game still moves too fast for him.

Stevie is an unconventional WR without a lot of high end speed who gets open through creativity. Fitz, though lacking a cannon for an arm, figured Stevie out and could get him the ball sometimes.

EJ, on the other hand, needs WRs to be where they're supposed to be when they're supposed to be there. EJ and Stevie were not a match made in heaven.

EJ does better with good route runners like Robert Woods, for example - guys who execute the route the way it was drawn up.

Sammy is said to be a good route runner. He's also a guy who can take a short, easy and take it for a long gain.

Woods and Watkins are both better targets for EJ than SJ.

I think it's probably the consensus league-wide that while veteran QBs don't mind rookie WRs, veteran WRs can't stand rookie QBs. And it makes sense -- all the more reason the Bills have got a young group all the way around who will "grow up" together.

He would be the 4th best receiver on the Bills this year, had he stayed. Watkins/Woods, Williams.... Stevie/Goodwin.

He wouldn't have been happy here, ultimately. IMO

I watched the PS game the other day, on his 1st 2 targets, he drew a flag from the DB.

I think he'll be lost in the shuffle on that team, but they sure did try to get him the ball in the beginning with the 1's. Boldin and Crabtree didn't play though.

There were more than enough problems with SJ way before Marrone ever got here, so don't try and blame this on him. Is this the thrid coach that SJ had here in Buffalo, was he here in the DJ era, I believe so?

The only way Marrone goes after this season is a complete meltdown and a new owner cleans house, but would be surprised if either happens. Likely Marrone gets one more year no matter how bad, but has to make staff changes like can Hackett or the ST guy.

It really is too bad that Greggo Marrone could not figure out a way to work with Stevie. It should not have been that difficult, but with limited coaching experience and a thin skin it seems like it was not meant to be. I think SJ will do well in SF. It was nice having a guy that loved being a Bill. I think Eric Wood loves it, Freddie loves it and CJ says he loves it. I hope Sammy adopts SJ's mind set in many aspects. When Greggo Marrone is inevitably jettisoned after this year maybe we will get a coach more capable of dealing with pro players and situations.

It really is too bad Greggo Marrone could not figure out a way to work with Stevie. It should not have been that difficult, but with limited coaching experience and a thin skin it seems like it was not meant to be. I think SJ will do well in SF.

How is a coach supposed to work with a WR that habitually drops crunch time passes as well as other passes on a regular basis?

I saw the part of the 49ers game while SJ was playing. Looked like he was up to his old tricks. He caught a nice sideline pass for a 1st down. A few plays later Sunshine threw one to him that hit him in the hands and went through his hands for an incomplete!ion.

Seemed like a nice guy, unfortunately it didn't work out.

Edited by reddogblitz

Did any of yall watch that video on the site. LOL.

The only thing they seemed to know about SJ was the endzone penalty thing (which he didn't do the last 2 seasons to his credit). And they said the reason the Bills traded SJ is because they are trying to cut down on their payroll for the WR corps by drafting guys and playing them so they don't have to pay them as much. No mention of Mike Williams or Flash Goodwin.

Do these people even do any homework? This seems to be another example of how they don't.