Stevie talks Bills in SI.com interview

YoloinOhio

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good for Stevie, I still like him and wish him the best. I admit when this all went down, I was a bit upset but I think it was a good thing. I think he is a good guy and fine receiver. Just matching skill sets weren't there and they think this direction is better.

It really is too bad that Greggo Marrone could not figure out a way to work with Stevie. It should not have been that difficult, but with limited coaching experience and a thin skin it seems like it was not meant to be. I think SJ will do well in SF. It was nice having a guy that loved being a Bill. I think Eric Wood loves it, Freddie loves it and CJ says he loves it. I hope Sammy adopts SJ's mind set in many aspects. When Greggo Marrone is inevitably jettisoned after this year maybe we will get a coach more capable of dealing with pro players and situations.

Read this and felt similar, that the QB situation is a problem in Buffalo.

I still miss him here even though it could (would) have been a problem with Sammy getting all the hype if he stayed.

Last thought... Can we get more that a 4th rd pick for a good player? I mean how many 4th round talents are we giving any playing time to?

I "like" Steve Johnson on Facebook, he has had nothing but great things to say about the Bills..when the Bills started training camp, he posted a picture of himself from a Bills training camp in recent years, commented on how hard it was not to be there, and about dealing with change. Say what you want about the guy, but he loved being a Buffalo Bill.

Read this and felt similar, that the QB situation is a problem in Buffalo.

I still miss him here even though it could (would) have been a problem with Sammy getting all the hype if he stayed.

Last thought... Can we get more that a 4th rd pick for a good player? I mean how many 4th round talents are we giving any playing time to?

The 4th rounder we got for Stevie got traded for Bryce Brown. He will get playing time.

Thanks I was just going to point that out.

Oh really? Damn, because it could've become a 3rd rounder. But it could actually end up being a gigantic win for us if Bryce Brown becomes as good as some think he will be.

Also, people need to understand that this interview put Stevie in a very tough position. He doesn't want to badmouth either his old team or new team, so he had to be careful. Any subtle jabs or whatnot definitely weren't planned out beforehand. We all know he never had much chemistry with EJ, who favored Woods, and was also injured, so of course he's going to be high on his new QB.

Oh really? Damn, because it could've become a 3rd rounder. But it could actually end up being a gigantic win for us if Bryce Brown becomes as good as some think he will be.

Also, people need to understand that this interview put Stevie in a very tough position. He doesn't want to badmouth either his old team or new team, so he had to be careful. Any subtle jabs or whatnot definitely weren't planned out beforehand. We all know he never had much chemistry with EJ, who favored Woods, and was also injured, so of course he's going to be high on his new QB.

The specifics of that trade are pretty complicated. It actually could become a 3rd rounder for SF - depending on SJ's production and BB's production. They both have to hit certain production levels for that to happen though and from what I remember that didn't appear likely.

He gave well thought out answers. Good read. I would much prefer our WR squad overall to SFs.

Ha ha, I think Stevie would as well! Nice article; wouldn't expect Stevie to be negative about his time in Buffalo and he didn't disappoint. Hope he has a good year.