Fred speaks out against practices vs Steelers

FluffHead

Uncharacteristic of Fred to be vocal and critical of the team heading to Latrobe this week. Shouldn't the captain set a better tone for these practices? From Joe B's writeup, asked if he's looking forward to this week's joint practices:

"No not at all, its just going to be two days of games. Its going to be a game on Wednesday and a game on Thursday then on Friday we get a day off and then a game on Saturday, but it is what it is, weve got to do that and get through it and take every possible advantage of it and get better."

This quote came after saying having to practice the last two days was not ideal. Somebody call the waaaambulance!

http://www.wgr550.com/pages/9423614.php?contentType=31&contentId=2416&pid=420096

Edited by FluffHead

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You don't learn very much as a player during these scrimmages and pre-season games. They are more for player evaluation than practice. It's like taking a test on three straight days. I'm not sure what the point of it is either.

FJ has earned the right to B word a little. He is a game day player. He plays hurt and goes hard always in games.

It also seems like Marrone is harder on everybody this year and wants players to step up. If this leads to W's great. If not Marrone will join the growing trash heap of failed coaches in Buffalo.

I can see both sides... it's more potential to get hurt, it ends up being a bit more intense than normal, maybe...

But on the other side, it gives rookies and new-to-the-system players, and new coaches, more experience against other teams before the season starts.

Frankly, I like it, I wish we did it every year... I think it's more beneficial than facing our own team 25 times or whatever.

Why are The Bills the only team in the League that is forced to scrimmage another team in preseason?

I don't have a full list, myself, but this is a quote I saw on an article I just read:

"Thirteen NFL teams will take part in joint practices this summer, including three — the New England Patriots, Atlanta Falcons and Houston Texans — who will do it twice."

his comments make think about tasker's interview with Mike Schopp a couple weeks ago. How many "leaders" do we really have who will not tolerate mediocrity? Fred has always been above reproach, but maybe he's thinking a bit selfishly righ now. For years this team has looked like it has needed a great big plate of harden-the-f***-up for breakfast and to me this is a great way to serve it up.

Edited by jester43