Would you swap EJ for Manziel right now?

Would you swap EJ for Johnny Football?  

264 members have voted

1. 1. Based on this weekend's play, would you swap EJ for Manziel?

• Yes
    • No
    • Can I party with each and then decide?

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is not just the preseason, last year during the middle of the regular season it was Glennon over EJ... Then, at the end of the regular season it was Geno over EJ...

For some posters, it is clear that it is anyone other than EJ,,,

It's people like the ones you describe that make me think that Bills fans don't deserve nice things. Not an EJ defender, although an easy guy to root for. But the guy played 10 NFL games, and the people with pitch forks running him out of town are incredible. Patience, and the answer will be clear on what the next step is. At that point pick up your pitch forks, but we seem to run anybody/everybody who could develop into something out of the city before they get a chance. The sky is not falling. News flash, Russel Wilson is slightly above average and is carried by the other two phases of his team, and the last time Andrew Luck came out of the draft, his name was Peyton Manning. Finding a HOF QB is hard/almost impossible.

Manziel makes my stomach turn. He is multiple things I dislike rolled into one person: spoiled, arrogant, cocky, entitled, obnoxious... I could go on and on. His daddy had to buy him a new car to bribe him to stop drinking in high school!

Meanwhile, EJ is an intelligent, humble, hardworking, polite young man who is busting his butt to get better and help his team win.

So I vote no on any swaps.

It is not just the preseason, last year during the middle of the regular season it was Glennon over EJ... Then, at the end of the regular season it was Geno over EJ...

For some posters, it is clear that it is anyone other than EJ,,,

The numbers don't back what your saying as far as Geno surpassing EJ. Geno's QB rating for his last four games:

Ave. 82.7

EJ's last 4:

Ave. 86.2

Don't let the stats get in your way of making your point.

Edited by LOVEMESOMEBILLS

The numbers don't back what your saying as far as Geno surpassing EJ. Geno's QB rating for his last four games:

Ave. 82.7

EJ's last 4:

Ave. 86.2

Don't let the stats get in your way of making your point.

He's not referring to Geno passing him in stats. Just every qb is a better option than EJ is the premise of all of these threads.

These days you can't criticize anybody without being a "hater." It's designed to shut people up who disagree. I believe EJ is a great guy who is very humble and a true gentleman. However, performance wise, I see a guy who is still staring down his receivers. After the snap, you and the defense knows exactly where he's throwing the ball!!! It's frustrating to watch.

These days you can't criticize anybody without being a "hater." It's designed to shut people up who disagree. I believe EJ is a great guy who is very humble and a true gentleman. However, performance wise, I see a guy who is still staring down his receivers. After the snap, you and the defense knows exactly where he's throwing the ball!!! It's frustrating to watch.

You know EJ looked pretty good his 1st preseason game as a rookie, too. Right? Tuel looked really good in preseason last year, too.

There's a difference between criticizing someone and being a hater. It just so happens you come off like a hater.

Edited by The Dean

and yet he completed 69% of his passes against the Panthers, 58% a year ago and 66.9% of his passes in college. EJ is a work in progress, do I ever him to reach Peyton Manning/Aaron Rodgers level? Nope but think he could be another Eli or Roethlisburger. As for Johnny Manziel. I need for him to show he's not just improvising out there and that he can be a systems guy. As Michael Vick comes to mind when I think Manziel in terms of talent but wouldn't call it being a great QB.

Edited by The Jokeman

The controversy with EJ is caused by EJ not playing well enough, consistently enough, to win more fans over to his side.

If he strings a couple more good games together, back to back, then he will start winning more fans over to his side. Some of the fence sitters will start believing in him.

If he comes out in the next game and plays poorly he is going to lose some more people whose patience is starting to wear thin.

Some could also argue that you can't offer any positive reviews without being labeled an "apologist" or "kool-aid" drinker.

GO BILLS!!!

Really do dislike the term "hater". I'm lazy so I won't bother google-ing it but is it even a word?

Welcome criticism for EJ, as he has deserved it, just think this topic is more likely to bring unintelligent conversation out then anything. Not blaming it on PTR as I love reading his posts, just at this point Manziel has proven nothing. 2 years down the road maybe this would be a good conversation unless they both bust......which would be typical for us poor Bills fans and our companions in despair over in Cleveland.

Really do dislike the term "hater". I'm lazy so I won't bother google-ing it but is it even a word?

Welcome criticism for EJ, as he has deserved it, just think this topic is more likely to bring unintelligent conversation out then anything. Not blaming it on PTR as I love reading his posts, just at this point Manziel has proven nothing. 2 years down the road maybe this would be a good conversation unless they both bust......which would be typical for us poor Bills fans and our companions in despair over in Cleveland.

http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/us/definition/american_english/hater

Seriously, what is with this board? How about we let EJ play before we start trying to compare him or swap him in nonsense threads that can never happen? I mean how many of these threads do we need?

EJ is the best QB prospect we have had since Kelly was drafted...literally. Yet all half this board wants to desperately do is prove he's a bust before he's had a chance to define his career. I swear most the people hating on him would rather us lose and him bust just to be right rather than be objective about him and hope for his success.

Edited by Alphadawg7

Drew Brees would have never been had he been coached by folks as short sightedness as those who wish to run EJ out on a rail. Sure, SD drafted Rivers to replace him, however, without the shoulder injury it was going to be real difficult to cut ties with Brees after his '04 & '05 seasons. His fourth and fifth seasons. Not comparing EJ too Brees, or NO Brees to SD Brees, I get the differences, but could you imaging EJ struggling the way Brees did for his first three years, and coming back or a fourth? Chill the ef out, Y'all.

Drew Brees would have never been had he been coached by folks as short sightedness as those who wish to run EJ out on a rail. Sure, SD drafted Rivers to replace him, however, without the shoulder injury it was going to be real difficult to cut ties with Brees after his '04 & '05 seasons. His fourth and fifth seasons. Not comparing EJ too Brees, or NO Brees to SD Brees, I get the differences, but could you imaging EJ struggling the way Brees did for his first three years, and coming back or a fourth? Chill the ef out, Y'all.

Oh no, EJ has got to be good instantly or else it's time to find a new QB.QB's are no longer allowed to develop. NEXT!

Are you hinting at a possible racism issue?

Would it be that absurd if true? I'm sure there are plenty of Bills fans who would rather have a "classic pocket passer" under center for Buffalo. In fact, I'm sure it's true to some extent with all fans of all teams. No one has the marbles to flat out say it though, they'd rather cowardly pick, poke and beat around the bush. To believe that 100% of the fan base doesn't see race as an issue is ignorant.

BTW I'm not calling anyone on this site a racist, I'm just saying that believing it's not an issue for some is being naive.

You know EJ looked pretty good his 1st preseason game as a rookie, too. Right? Tuel looked really good in preseason last year, too.

There's a difference between criticizing someone and being a hater. It just so happens you come off like a hater.

I hate the pick, not the player. Until EJ proves himself a solid starter, he's gonna be criticized so get used to it.