Round 2 : Sale of the team

If a new stadium is built I for one really don't care where it is built as long as the team stays in the Buffalo area and is more handicap friendly than the Ralph is now. I have only attended 1 game in last 10 years because it is so hard to get around there. After my 2nd heart attack I have a very hard time with stairs.

You should let the Bills know. Say you need handicap access.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If a new stadium is built I for one really don't care where it is built as long as the team stays in the Buffalo area and is more handicap friendly than the Ralph is now. I have only attended 1 game in last 10 years because it is so hard to get around there. After my 2nd heart attack I have a very hard time with stairs.

You should let the Bills know. Say you need handicap access.

Maybe this is new but when entering the stadium last Saturday I noticed an employee at each gate with a wheelchair just waiting. I don't know if that was pre arranged or not but I don't remember noticing that before.

I'm so glad we can cross Niagara Falls off that list. If it even matters. I don't think Batavia was ever really under consideration either. That group may have some common sense.

Hi Everyone,

Tonight at 9:30 EST on Huddlin' with the Pros (http://huddlinwiththepros.com/), I will be presenting my case for why the NFL should reverse it's ban of the Green Bay Packers ownership model.

The only way to keep the Bills in Buffalo forever, is to buy the team ourselves. We deserve the right to try. Please listen in!

It will never happen. Too much money at stake. Besides El Pegual will never allow the Bills to move.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

yeah. From a fan standpoint its great, but I can totally see the numerous reasons the business side of the NFL will never allow it.

Also, Pegula is a pretty good security blanket for the team in the area.

Pegula is mortal, and the Pack are one of the most financially viable teams in the league. They never take hand outs from the league's communal pot, and always pay in beyond their statutorily defined minimum... Your totally visible numerous reasons all revolve around the NFL's desire to protect wealthy toy collectors, not the betterment/sustainability of an American pastime.

Pegula is mortal, and the Pack are one of the most financially viable teams in the league. They never take hand outs from the league's communal pot, and always pay in beyond their statutorily defined minimum... Your totally visible numerous reasons all revolve around the NFL's desire to protect wealthy toy collectors, not the betterment/sustainability of an American pastime.

The Pack sold stock to save the team from moving in 1950 and for the first 45 years played almost half of their home games in Milwaukee.

Semi-related Pegula watch note in Business First - sources claiming Pegula is eyeing HSBC Tower / One Seneca Tower downtown. The author cites two differing sources that claim his interest may or may not be predicated on a winning Bills bid.

Maybe he's just trying to diversify his holdings and get into real estate development? It's also a very large plot of land; methinks there's a (very very very) small chance maybe he'd knock the building down to use in part of his stadium footprint??!

Who knows, but I wouldn't discount a downtown/waterfront site just yet.

I heard that building is basically worthless. The way it is constructed prevents a modern wiring retrofit and the concrete is too thick and blocks wireless signals. People have looked into upgrades and they are impossible. This is why there are no tenants and the value has dropped by more than 75%.

I heard that building is basically worthless. The way it is constructed prevents a modern wiring retrofit and the concrete is too thick and blocks wireless signals. People have looked into upgrades and they are impossible. This is why there are no tenants and the value has dropped by more than 75%.

I've heard that it would be a difficult and expensive retrofit/upgrade, but worthless? Not sure I've heard that. I'm not an expert on this building or its current status, but I think the assessed value was lowered to help make it more attractive to future buyers, since the current ownership entity is close to forclosure (or in it now).

Not sure if this has been posted but according to John Kryk, Its unlikely we will see the new owner by October...

http://slam.canoe.ca...2/21893161.html

Also, again, according to Kryk

The Toronto group did, infact bid over $1B

http://www.torontosun.com/2014/08/22/toronto-group-bid-more-than-1-billion-for-bills-which-calls-into-question-forbes-report

CBF

Edited by Canadian Bills Fan

Not sure if this has been posted but according to John Kryk, Its unlikely we will see the new owner by October...

http://www.torontosun.com/2014/08/22/toronto-group-bid-more-than-1-billion-for-bills-which-calls-into-question-forbes-report

CBF

Well that would suck if we had to wait until December or even March. I gotta think if the bids are a slam dunk for one bidder, they'd find a way to make it work for October.

Maybe this is new but when entering the stadium last Saturday I noticed an employee at each gate with a wheelchair just waiting. I don't know if that was pre arranged or not but I don't remember noticing that before.

I'm so glad we can cross Niagara Falls off that list. If it even matters. I don't think Batavia was ever really under consideration either. That group may have some common sense.

I kind of remember reading awhile ago they were going to make the stadium more wheelchair accessible. They probably had to make upgrades just to meet new codes.

Ditto on NF off the list. next should be the pie in the sky Bethlehem steel site.

http://www.torontosu...n-forbes-report

CBF

Well that would suck if we had to wait until December or even March. I gotta think if the bids are a slam dunk for one bidder, they'd find a way to make it work for October.

Not exactly news, but it's nice to see some sort of confirmation. Sept 9th is simply a deadline for the binding bids. There could be more negotiations after than. It seems unlikely at this point, to expect The Trust to make the October deadline. And I haven't heard any firm confirmation the NFL will consider this at the December meeting.

Now there is a possibility The Trust already has a good idea on what the final bids might look like. And their desire to sell the team this year may give them some incentive to make things happen quickly once those bids are in. But, again, don't be surprised if this isn't put to bed for a while.

Those wealthy toy collectors ARE the NFL.

Not exactly news, but it's nice to see some sort of confirmation. Sept 9th is simply a deadline for the binding bids. There could be more negotiations after than. It seems unlikely at this point, to expect The Trust to make the October deadline. And I haven't heard any firm confirmation the NFL will consider this at the December meeting.

Now there is a possibility The Trust already has a good idea on what the final bids might look like. And their desire to sell the team this year may give them some incentive to make things happen quickly once those bids are in. But, again, don't be surprised if this isn't put to bed for a while.

I still think it'll get done sooner rather than later.

I still think it'll get done sooner rather than later.

Sure hope you are right, but I'll take a wait-and-see position. Either way, it will be done before too long (in the real world) and nowhere soon enough (for many here).

BTW, just read Kryk's article from the 22nd (how did I miss that one?) taking issue with the Forbes article of last week. He noticed the same thing as I did, with the Forbes reported bids. I think these were the same numbers used by Onanian in his earlier article on the initial bids. What made me suspicious is he didn't reference the re-bid by JBJ or have any info on Golisano's bid.