Round 2 : Sale of the team

I thought, and I could be wrong, I read somewhere they actually have to have it to the NFL finance committee sometime in Sept if they want it to be considered for a vote in October. Can anyone confirm this?

That's what they are saying. Need to get them on the agenda, and have them properly vetted.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL, only 3 bids, all under $900,000.

Same info he reported last week (I think),. No Golisano bid numbers (he's the 4th). Like everyone else, he is guessing. And he seems to have a grudge against Morgan Stanley..

Edited by The Dean

The Toronto group canceled a scheduled tour of The Ralph today, which was part of the Morgan Stanley process of the finalists vetting and information exchange.

Put a fork in a group that had an entire eight piece set of forks and steak knives already in them.

There is literally no incentive for them to continue. The guys with the actual money had dreamed of moving the team to Toronto and Bon Jovi was supposed to be the happy face that would make it all go down easier.

Bon Jovi was probably told how the fans would be cool with the whole thing, given that it's "just 90 minutes away." He was blindsided and made into a villain.

http://blogs.canoe.c...ss-sources-say/

"One source said that barring a significant development, or reformation of the group, the Toronto trio is likelier to disband than submit a binding, definitive bid early next month along with the other finalists."

Reading that is just like reading letters to penthouse.

Love it!

Adam Benigni@AdamBenigni 1h

Source close to #Bills sale insists Tom Golisano has submitted indicative bid. Second source says he did not - conflicting info.@wgrz

Sorry for the dumb question but what exactly is an "indicative bid"?

CBF

Edited by Canadian Bills Fan

I asked to be treated rudely? No, actually I asked to be treated fairly. I believe everyone on this board deserves the same. Just because my opinion differs from yours doesn't make it any less valuable.

You don't have my permission to paraphrase my comments because that is not what I said. I said the way they are handling this is like a circus by letting it drag on and on. That gives sports writers the opportunity to run with a rumor and make them look bad. I never said I was tired of waiting. When you take someone's comments and spin it to make yourself look right that is more child-like than anything I could have said. I won't be responding to your comments anymore. Thanks and Go Bills

This process is actually happening quite quickly and not dragging on. My own estimate before it started was 18 months, which would not have been unusual in a situation involving an estate. The Trust clearly prioritized a rapid process and is executing. It is anything but "circus" like despite what you and that Forbes writer think. The only thing circus like is the involvement of Trump, who is a circus in his own right, and that idiot Bon Jovi and his Canadian mates. The trust and their advisors are operating a well controlled and business like process.

Warrow stated he thinks the team will sell for as low as 900 mill.

So much for the comparison to the 2 billion for the Clippers...

https://sports.yahoo.com/news/initial-buffalo-bills-bids-revealed-200912545.html

Only 6 players in the mix now that Kelly and his group are out, and JBJ is done. Besides Tom Golisano, three unknowns, now this entire thing is still scary to me, as the first guy with one Billion will probably win the bid.

Sorry for the dumb question but what exactly is an "indicative bid"?

CBF

"Initial non-binding offer from a prospective buyer who takes part in an controlled auction."

Same info he reported last week (I think),. No Golisano bid numbers (he's the 4th). Like everyone else, he is guessing. And he seems to have a grudge against Morgan Stanley..

This guy has been grinding his axe for a while. I do not take his opinions seriously. As for the seemingly low numbers, if true, actually pretty well played by TP. Highest non-binding bid but not insane. Apparently the guy from Forbes does not realize that in a process like this, the first non-binding bid will always be low. For one thing, at that point the bidders had not seen the actual financials. For another, you do not put your best offer on the table to start a negotiation. The previously reported $1.3 b bid never made sense to me. I still believe this will go for more than $1B.

Edited by MDFan

Warrow stated he thinks the team will sell for as low as 900 mill.

So much for the comparison to the 2 billion for the Clippers...

https://sports.yahoo...-200912545.html

Only 6 players in the mix now that Kelly and his group are out, and JBJ is done. Besides Tom Golisano, three unknowns, now this entire thing is still scary to me, as the first guy with one Billion will probably win the bid.

"Initial non-binding offer from a prospective buyer who takes part in an controlled auction."

Who in their right mind thought the Bills would sell for $2 Billion?

The Toronto group canceled a scheduled tour of The Ralph today, which was part of the Morgan Stanley process of the finalists vetting and information exchange.

Put a fork in a group that had an entire eight piece set of forks and steak knives already in them.

Not buying it Kelly. The league wants this team in Toronto. We all should just come to that realization that Buffalo isn't worthy of an NFL team. JBJ is going to buy it, pay the $400M to get out of the lease and move the team by 2015.

Not buying it Kelly. The league wants this team in Toronto. We all should just come to that realization that Buffalo isn't worthy of an NFL team. JBJ is going to buy it, pay the $400M to get out of the lease and move the team by 2015.

I KNEW it!

:lol:

It's not nice to make fun of those of us with severe paranoia as a result of either "Buffalo Loser Syndrome" or excessive use of weed. :-)

LOL, only 3 bids, all under $900,000.

What is so funny? How many people did you expect to pay over $1 billion for a team they cant move? These are also nonbinding bids, which we knew would be in this range. Unless Pegula is the only binding bid the final price will be around $950milion to just over $1billion

So who is staking out the stadium for the bidder's tour and who can see if Trump has his plane at the airport?

Somebody has to go to Tempo to?

Can we ask if George Seifert can help out?

Anything else that I've missed?

What is so funny? How many people did you expect to pay over $1 billion for a team they cant move? These are also nonbinding bids, which we knew would be in this range. Unless Pegula is the only binding bid the final price will be around $950milion to just over $1billion

Well I did. I predicted $1.3B as the final price.