This is a Super Bowl Halftime show I would watch

Weird Al Yankovic is one of the greatest live performers I've ever seen. This would work. Like it said, it would be awesome if the artists joined him on stage. Also, the fact that he's essentially a cover artist, whose career spans 35 years, and parodying songs older than that, he'll appeal to a wide range of audience members. I'd support it.

Weird Al Yankovic is one of the greatest live performers I've ever seen. This would work. Like it said, it would be awesome if the artists joined him on stage. Also, the fact that he's essentially a cover artist, whose career spans 35 years, and parodying songs older than that, he'll appeal to a wide range of audience members. I'd support it.

It really would be great. He's have something for everyone, and he's awesome.

years ago We had the pleasure of sitting at a bar in Maui with weird Al and his wife, while waiting for a table. While not throwing out zingers constantly he was fun, and best of all low key. he would be great at halftime and right now he is amazingly riding the crest of the wave popularity wise. he would probably be two or three years out for the booking though.

ugh no, Metallica or bust

I am a huge Metallica fan, but please no. They just don't have it anymore. Hetfields vocal cords are shredded.

And I know they have already "sold out", but the superbowl halftime show!? C'mon maan!

I am a huge Metallica fan, but please no. They just don't have it anymore. Hetfields vocal cords are shredded.

And I know they have already "sold out", but the superbowl halftime show!? C'mon maan!

What are talking about James still has it and why not the Superbowl? Would be better than these pop loser shows they put on.

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Bills and Packers at half time with bills up by 2 and on come Headfield!!

Amen!!!

I've seen AL 6 times, first time in 1987 and last time was 2013... he and his band are GREAT and his show is always awesome! I've met him a few times and he is super nice to all his fans. Although he'd probably be forced to only do the parodies for a halftime show, his originals are usually my favorite. But since he changes costumes for pretty much ever parody, might be hard to fit in for the SB halftime. But I think it would be great and he deserves it.

His new album was #1 on the Billboard charts when it came out last month, he is still very well known with all ages. The range of ages of the people at his concerts is amazing, I saw people in their 70s and kids as young as 6 singing along last year!

And I would actually watch and be excited for a change.

Go back to the Super Bowl in Detroit, why didn't the NFL put together a tribute to Motown Music?

The NFL just doesn't see the bigger picture. The Bay area has produced tons of great musical acts over the years:

Bonnie Raitt, Sammy Hagar, Faith No More, Primus, Jefferson Airplane (Starship), Metallica, Digital Underground, MC Hammer, Joe Satranri to name a few. Why not put together a tribute to Bay area music and try to keep who's actually playing secret. It would create a lot of anticipation.