Based on the EJ reactions... Players who should be cut immediately...

EJ Manuel - 3 batted passes? Cut.

Sammy Watkins - No catches? Possibly miss ran routes? Cut.

Mike Williams - Missed catch in the endzone? Cut.

CJ Spiller - Only one run, for only two yards? Cut.

Fred Jackson - Three yards per carry? Cut.

I won't even get into all the follies of our second and third units. Man, this one game determined the worth of absolutely everyone on our team.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

To the OP... I realize you're being tongue in cheek but regarding EJ, you don't think your sarcasm is warranted.

Unlike every other name you've listed EJ is not a new player, nor is he a player like Spiller or FredEx who've shown us what they can do. The simple fact is that EJ has not done very much to instill the confidence that he can be a decent NFL starter.

I hope that if the lights don't go on for him this season that we scrap the EJ project and look for somebody else. There are simply TOO MANY examples of quarterbacks being drafted later than EJ who have produced better results with more consistency.

EJ needs to be held to a high standard. No one's asking for him to be cut or demoted yet but c'mon. He's not a new QB anymore. He has several NFL games under his belt. Get out there, lead and make some plays. Good QB's often make their receivers look great. EJ looks and plays like a robot sometimes.

He does have a small body of work though. Lets see how the rest of the pre-season goes, and the 1st quarter of the regular season. Get some more reps under his belt. I'm as concerned as anyone but lets see how it plays out. I really hope a light goes on sooner rather than later. We need solid play at the position to even have a remote chance of a winning season.

The key to the Bills actually being good enough is not only finding quality starters at QB or any other position but also having reasonable plan Bs for every position because no one knows in the modern NFL when an Alonso is gonna blow out his ACL (and even worse our Plan B Bradham is gone for a game due to an unprofessional action). The braintrust does have some limitations due to the salary cap for having the needed plan Bs for every position due to the salary cap, but the answer is NOT just willy nilly to cut any player who is not capable of starting, but instead find a plan B who is capable of starting or at least least being better than our failed starter.

We should only cut Manual IF we have a better option. As much as people may hate Manual I do not have enough belief in Tuel or Lewis that I think we want to give up on Manual.

I think the point the OP is trying to make, is people have already made up their mind on whether EJ has improved or not based on 7 throws in 1 preseason game.

It was really more like a pre-preseason game...

What impresses me is the pro QB evaluation expertise we have access to on this board. I mean obviously the bills don't even have access to talent evaluators as wise and smart as this board.

Since we are mostly bills fans we should contact them about this vast knowledge base, clearly far superior to their own.

I won't even get into all the follies of our second and third units. Man, this one game determined the worth of absolutely everyone on our team.

This thread? Cut.

I think the point the OP is trying to make, is people have already made up their mind on whether EJ has improved or not based on 7 throws in 1 preseason game.

um.. No. My mind was pretty much made up last year. His performance last night? Simply reinforcement.

NEXT!

The good thing about EJ's two series is that we are going 19-0, since he did leave the game with a 3-0 lead and we know for sure that we are not going to miss Pettine or Byrd or Kiko one bit. So even when his slow eyes look up to the scoreboard he can smile because he's a winner.

Unlike every other name you've listed EJ is not a new player, nor is he a player like Spiller or FredEx who've shown us what they can do. The simple fact is that EJ has not done very much to instill the confidence that he can be a decent NFL starter.

He has 9 games under his belt. In his career.

Name 5 great QBs in the history of the NFL who "instilled the confidence that he can be a decent NFL starter," after his first 9 NFL games. Make sure you provide stats, too, please.

It was really more like a pre-preseason game...

What impresses me is the pro QB evaluation expertise we have access to on this board. I mean obviously the bills don't even have access to talent evaluators as wise and smart as this board.

Since we are mostly bills fans we should contact them about this vast knowledge base, clearly far superior to their own.

Yes, anybody who has watched the Bills the last 14 years should know not to second guess the front office when it comes to evaluating QBs.

By your logic, the converse would then be true. so let's start etching the bust of EJ Manuel.... now in fact, so much slack is given to the guy let's just forego the whole merit system and give him a spot next to Walter Payton, he is a nice guy, so yeah....

After 14 years of piss poor play, your jab at the over-reactions are pretty unwarranted, especially this year. I could agree with you, and probably would have if it hasn't been wash, rinse, repeat for 1.5 decades. couple that with the potential of Jon Bon Douchebag as a very probable new owner of the team selling us the tale that he's on our side, and you have a higher level of malcontent towards the team. The fans know time is running out for them to see a championship parade down Main Street, so our collective tolerance levels for things like EJs performance are at an all time low.

I don't even want to think about the $h1tt QBS we've had to choke down as starters in the past, I mean JP Losman, Capn Checkdown, really? I'd be a little sympathetic if just those 2 AssMunches didn't wear a Bill uniform...

So i say let 'em vent, let 'em over-react, they(me included) have earned it.

Ohh yeah, some of us even bought jerseys of said AssMunches, so we can put a dollar amount on a tangible piece of team misery....

Edited by Homey D. Clown

By your logic, the converse would then be true. so let's start etching the bust of EJ Manuel.... now in fact, so much slack is given to the guy let's just forego the whole merit system and give him a spot next to Walter Payton, he is a nice guy, so yeah....

After 14 years of piss poor play, your jab at the over-reactions are pretty unwarranted, especially this year. I could agree with you, and probably would have if it hasn't been wash, rinse, repeat for 1.5 decades. couple that with the potential of Jon Bon Douchebag as a very probable new owner of the team selling us the tale that he's on our side, and you have a higher level of malcontent towards the team. The fans know time is running out for them to see a championship parade down Main Street, so our collective tolerance levels for things like EJs performance are at an all time low.

I don't even want to think about the **** QBS we've had to choke down as starters in the past, I mean JP Losman, Capn Checkdown, really? I'd be a little sympathetic if just those 2 AssMunches didn't wear a Bill uniform...

So i say let 'em vent, let 'em over-react, they(me included) have earned it.

I stopped reading after you declared JBJ the "very probable new owner"

:lol: