EJ looked calm and in control..

• Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No we don't start Tuel. He's no better.

This will play itself out. The new ownership will bring in new coaches, and a new plan. And that will include a new QB. All in the passage of time.

In the meantime, let's hope EJ proves me wrong and we go back to the playoffs this year.

Now that would be fantastic.

I predict you are going to be soooo dissapointed at the end of the year.

There are two days I'm really waiting for, the "EJ sucks but I hope I'm wrong" threads go away (because he will just suck at some point and no one will be wrong) and "Sammy is a bust" threads to start. Sad part is, they will both hit critical mass around the same time I think.

Those batted passes were kind of a big deal.... Sammy's technique is also lacking... I'm wondering how these more complex plays are going to unfold. Doesn't seem to be any offensive chemistry at this point. Chris Gragg looks to be a wasted pick. -TJ pretty much confirmed he was the same...(*sigh*) When the Marracket regime falls, it's nice to know that the Schwartz will be with us.

Why do i always salivate when you post. every damned time. and i am doing it now.

please change your avatar or post less.

jeebus.

I need a shot of Frank's red hot

He's just not a good NFL quarterback. He cannot see the field and cannot process fast enough to make the right decision. He stares guys down... it's unfortunate, but this was him in HS and in college and now in the pros. Sorry.

Yet he won in college (amazingly recruited I might add, given the deficiencies that have plagued him since middle school as you suggest).

Those batted passes were kind of a big deal.... Sammy's technique is also lacking... I'm wondering how these more complex plays are going to unfold. Doesn't seem to be any offensive chemistry at this point. Chris Gragg looks to be a wasted pick. -TJ pretty much confirmed he was the same...(*sigh*) When the Marracket regime falls, it's nice to know that the Schwartz will be with us.

Someone needs to teach EJ the pump fake. Can't really make any judgement from a first preseason game but I just wish I saw something I liked from him. I'm nervous.

I'll say one thing. He's twice the QB than some people around here are Bills fans. Sorry.

So a real fan can't give critical analysis, but has to just hope that things are better than they appear? Sorry, real fans tell it like it is because they care.

So a real fan can't give critical analysis, but has to just hope that things are better than they appear? Sorry, real fans tell it like it is because they care.

Nope. It's the irrational way you and yours go about deciding what a given player is and isn't. Let's face it, we both don't know. At least we don't iterate "Bills suck and they always will" over and over until it makes everyone wanna vomit. Is this what you "real fans" would do at a game? Sounds like a great positive winning atmosphere you and yours create there. Two-face much?

EDIT: I don't mean it personal, I have nothing on you PastaJoe. We're all guilty of it to a degree, of course. But what I've seen so far at TBD during this training camp is pretty ludicrous. I guess it's a yin yang thing.

So, sorry for that.

Edited by You herd it hear last

This can all be solved by saying, "in my opinion," or "IMO" for the young, lazy contingent.

In my opinion, it's way too early to tell if EJ is the real deal or not. I challenge anyone to tell me who, after 9 full NFL starts, proved his worth in the league. Not hype. Not being a media darling. Not being on magazine covers. Statistically speaking ... especially wins (although wins are not a QB stat; they are a team stat).

In my opinion, people who say "EJ is our savior," are wrong; people who say, "EJ is a bust," are wrong." It's too damn early to tell.

But those who say, "EJ is our savior," are being hopeful and optimistic. Those who say, "EJ is a bust," are being skeptical because they've been burned for so many years by so many QBs who gave so much false hope over the years.

And there's not a God damn thing wrong with either one. There is no right or wrong at this juncture. It's not like we're in year four of the EJ Manuel project. He hasn't even completed year one.

Chill the !@#$ out. It's just football. And EJ hasn't even gotten started!

This can all be solved by saying, "in my opinion," or "IMO" for the young, lazy contingent.

In my opinion, it's way too early to tell if EJ is the real deal or not. I challenge anyone to tell me who, after 9 full NFL starts, proved his worth in the league. Not hype. Not being a media darling. Not being on magazine covers. Statistically speaking ... especially wins (although wins are not a QB stat; they are a team stat).

In my opinion, people who say "EJ is our savior," are wrong; people who say, "EJ is a bust," are wrong." It's too damn early to tell.

But those who say, "EJ is our savior," are being hopeful and optimistic. Those who say, "EJ is a bust," are being skeptical because they've been burned for so many years by so many QBs who gave so much false hope over the years.

And there's not a God damn thing wrong with either one. There is no right or wrong at this juncture. It's not like we're in year four of the EJ Manuel project. He hasn't even completed year one.

However even in your carefully worded and diplomatic comparison, you used the Bills' draft history as a rationale for the "busters" to hate on EJ, which is fair I guess. But, you used an immeasurable qualifier of emotion (hopeful/optimistic) as the reason for the "savior" crowd. I'm not sure that's a fair comparison there. I'd give you a solid B for your noble effort though, Mr. Ambassador.

Well said. It's depressing what some fans have become. You didn't dominate from the start, you're a bust. I win a prize because I called him a bust first. But when you point it out that a lot of rookie Qbs struggle, you're an apologist!

Patience is dead. 13 year old girls are more rational than some fans. :)

I heart you, Gug.

Also, I think very few people, if any, think EJ is the savior. They just want some rational and measured evaluation. If someone wants to show me the All-22 with all the open receivers Manuel is missing, or how he is staring someone down and the defender on the neighborhood is picking up on it, I'm all ears. If someone wants to just make stuff up because they have an axe to grind… I am going to make the Eli Manning "who farted" face.

Well said. It's depressing what some fans have become. You didn't dominate from the start, you're a bust. I win a prize because I called him a bust first. But when you point it out that a lot of rookie Qbs struggle, you're an apologist!

Patience is dead. 13 year old girls are more rational than some fans. :)

An insult to thirteen year old girls everywhere.

I heart you, Gug.

Also, I think very few people, if any, think EJ is the savior. They just want some rational and measured evaluation. If someone wants to show me the All-22 with all the open receivers Manuel is missing, or how he is staring someone down and the defender on the neighborhood is picking up on it, I'm all ears. If someone wants to just make stuff up because they have an axe to grind… I am going to make the Eli Manning "who farted" face.

An insult to thirteen year old girls everywhere.

I sincerely apologize.

Thad has a good arm and is very smart. He has actually played well in and won in real games. As stated above, Tuel has the dreaded "Ryan Neufeld Syndrome." He has no distinguishing physical characteristics. He is not big or strong or fast. He doesn't do one thing very well. So he is just okay in everything. Which in the NFL stinks. You have to do at least one thing very well otherwise there is no use or place for you.

Isn't that the reason he went undrafted. He simply did not have all the measurables.

Good post.

EJ is the opposite of Flutie. Flutie had certain physical handicaps, but was a pure baller and football player.

EJ has all the physical attributes in spades, but doesn't know how to play quarterback. We need the mental/amorphous attributes of Flutie stuffed into EJ's body. Then you'd have a hell of a QB to be feared​ Jameis Winston.

Oh well. At the end of this season the EJ project will be over, and we will move forward. With new ownership too. Not a big deal really.

Fixed