EJ looked calm and in control..

I love how anyone that doesn't agree that EJ is terrible is an "apologist".

It's also massively disappointing to see how many folks believe that their opinion is "Truth"

The fact that a moderator is doing it further sets a brutal example, but that's just my opinion.

I'm way, way with you on this.

• Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I pictured a conveyor line with jars full of brains. Now that's boggling.

It's a quote from the movie Blades of Glory. Put the link up earlier! But that's the idea...brains in a bottle. Haha

I know you don't want to read too much into a pre-preseason game ... but the QB ratings in descending order:

Nassib: 126.7

Painter: 102.8

Manning: 92.3

Tuel[time]: 74.1

Lewis: 50.8

Manuel: 39.6

Not exactly what you want to see in any game, even a pre-preseason one.

Gotta hope for better Friday. At least it can't get a whole lot worse. ;)

What I don't like about Manuel's game is that when he goes back to pass he begins to stare down the reciever right away. I don't ever see him scan the field first. This is an obvious advantage to the corners and safties.

What I don't like about Manuel's game is that when he goes back to pass he begins to stare down the reciever right away. I don't ever see him scan the field first. This is an obvious advantage to the corners and safties.

You must have missed his pass to Lee Smith.

The game was too fast for him at FSU too. He plays with blinders on and sees/thinks way too slowly to ever be what we are all hoping for. Unfortunately.

That was every one of the experts thoughts in college don't know what the Bills saw in him . Sure he is a great kid but that doesn't transfer to wins .

What i really didn't get & still don't is why no solid back up plan ?

What should have happened is they should have kept Fitz , they are paying him any way :doh: Let EJ sit a year & Fitz teach him how to read the opponents D . You have to give it to Fitz for his smarts . Sure we got a young guy but the same out come so what has changed besides the age of the guy behind the center ?

Probably with this stable of WR's Fitz could have looked better & EJ could have been brought along like they use to do it in years past in the NFL . The upside they wouldn't be paying on a dead horse ...

You can't do that on a 3 step drop play. If you scanned the field the primary wr's window would be closed. If we're seeing that a lot on 5 and seven step drop plays that would be a different story.

I wonder what they'd be saying if they ordered that list by QB height. Because that's about as valuable right now.

Unless of course Manuel was at the top of the list ;)

Come on man, does it mean Manuel should be cut or is a bust, obviously not. But to have all of the giants QB's rated higher than all of the Bills QB's. As meaningless as height (which actually isn't meaningless, just ask Flutie ;)) ? :)

Edited by CodeMonkey

Unless of course Manuel was at the top of the list ;)

Come on man, does it mean Manuel should be cut or is a bust, obviously not. But to have all of the giants QB's rated higher than all of the Bills QB's. As meaningless as height (which actually isn't meaningless, just ask Flutie ;)) ? :)

...or list by number of chest hairs I don't care. I'll choose to weight the positives I've seen out of even last years' scant pickings, than the 1st 7 passes of a PS game. I just don't see it as a rational and fair way to represent his abilities, that's all.

Especially with all the variables that go into a PS game about inexperience and future grocery clerks that are defending the receivers that Painter, Tuel etc are throwing to.

Let's retreat to the tried & true method of attacking the posters. How many of the best analysts played the game? Did Joel Buchsbaum ever leave his mother's basement? Yet he was one of the best analysts ever.

There's a lot to gleam from EJ's body language in trying to predict his potential. Right now he's still too much of a robotic terminator to be an effective QB. To steal someone else's analysis, you can almost sense the circuits processing each movement - step to line, take handoff, step back, scan field, throw ball.

All good QBs have a much more noticeable fluidity to their game. He just doesn't look as natural playing the position as he should be and I don't know if this is something that can be fixed. It's not just fixing a throwing motion or correcting a quirky habit. It's almost his entire game needs to be reworked.

You don't need to have played the game to recognize his flaws and question whether there will be enough time to fix them, if they can be fixed at all.

Good post.

EJ is the opposite of Flutie. Flutie had certain physical handicaps, but was a pure baller and football player.

EJ has all the physical attributes in spades, but doesn't know how to play quarterback. We need the mental/amorphous attributes of Flutie stuffed into EJ's body. Then you'd have a hell of a QB to be feared.

Oh well. At the end of this season the EJ project will be over, and we will move forward. With new ownership too. Not a big deal really.

Alright, so EJ sucks. It's been decided.

Do we start Tuel? How much time does Tuel get?

Who do we draft next year in the 2nd round? Is there a guaranteed vet that we can trade for/sign that would be good?

I just don't get all this gnashing about how he's terrible because (xyz)... what solutions are there?

You can't do that on a 3 step drop play. If you scanned the field the primary wr's window would be closed. If we're seeing that a lot on 5 and seven step drop plays that would be a different story.

Your right. I realize you can't do that on 3 step drops, I should have clarified my post.

Alright, so EJ sucks. It's been decided.

Do we start Tuel? How much time does Tuel get?

Who do we draft next year in the 2nd round? Is there a guaranteed vet that we can trade for/sign that would be good?

I just don't get all this gnashing about how he's terrible because (xyz)... what solutions are there?

No we don't start Tuel. He's no better.

This will play itself out. The new ownership will bring in new coaches, and a new plan. And that will include a new QB. All in the passage of time.

In the meantime, let's hope EJ proves me wrong and we go back to the playoffs this year.

Now that would be fantastic.