The official HOF game second half thread

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree it is way too early, but I just wanted/expected to see some progress...Expectations and the Bills do not move in a positive direction together....

If Williams hauls down that one in the EZ, I think many would be singing a different tune. He is getting better at putting the ball where it needs to be. Still has much to improve...

What happened to Thad? He was NOT this bad last year....

Tuel is a preseason QB...

Always had EJ as a ? Tonight didn't do anything to make me feel better about him...looks like 0 progress

I know it is 1 series and blah blah, but he isn't it (I Hope and pray I am wrong)

EJ has been a slow starter, and only got a chance to throw 7 passes, one of which should have been a TD to MW19. The batted passes more of a concern, but he only had 3 all last yr. Edited by YoloinOhio

EJ has been a slow starter, and only got a chance to throw 7 passes, one of which should have been a TD to MW19. The batted passes more of a concern, but he only had 3 all last yr.

The batted passes, made no adjustment after the first one and his last pass should have been a pick...

I honestly hoped for a little more from him...

I know it is 1 series in the preseason...I know

EJ has been a slow starter, and only got a chance to throw 7 passes, one of which should have been a TD to MW19. The batted passes more of a concern, but he only had 3 all last yr.

The batted passes also tell me he's trying to get the ball out quick with some zip on the shorter throws. Not cause for alarm yet but he will have to make sure and not put the ball where it will create opportunities for turnovers.

yup! Has it already been discussed as to why he didn't start and is playing with the 3rd team O? He is listed as 2nd on the depth chart at WR...

Yeah. I mean, I'm happy to see him play, since he has been the most exciting player to watch for a while. I know I am pulling for Mike Williams on the outside, but Woods has looked incredibly sharp so far.

yup! Has it already been discussed as to why he didn't start and is playing with the 3rd team O? He is listed as 2nd on the depth chart at WR...

It's interesting...

What is also interesting to me is all this talk about Hogan starting in the slot and what a great "Camp" he's having...Could it be anymore obvious that the Bills best 3 WR's are Watkins, Woods, and Williams?...Am I missing something here? I certainly hope it's as obvious to Marrone and Hackett...And I'm not going to buy it if they say Hogan is beter in the slot than Woods either...No way...

No need to get cute here...Put your best players on the field...Period... B-)

As long as he carries over at last season's level any competition would be insulting. He was outstanding on FG's.

Good point. Especially after all the camp cuts last year when he was pressed. I thought it was a good move by Marrone to let him have the job uncontested is all.

Edited by SmokinES3

The batted passes, made no adjustment after the first one and his last pass should have been a pick...

I honestly hoped for a little more from him...

I know it is 1 series in the preseason...I know

All I can think of for the narrative of this season: A Good Defense Wasted

Yes, it is way too early to write off EJ, but it would have been really nice to have seen something positive. And please, please, please no more Tuel/Lewis can be the answer crap. That's just desperation.

All I can think of for the narrative of this season: A Good Defense Wasted

Yes, it is way too early to write off EJ, but it would have been really nice to have seen something positive. And please, please, please no more Tuel/Lewis can be the answer crap. That's just desperation.

We did see something...a perfect pass in the EZ that Mike Williams misplayed.