HOF thread?

eball

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Turned it off after Andre. He killed it from beginning to end. Lynn Swann should just be thankful he's in the same group with Andre Reed.

Actually Strahan was an excellent speech too. I can see why he went last. Saving your best.

Actually Strahan was an excellent speech too. I can see why he went last. Saving your best.

I'm sure it was. But the first thing I always think of when I think of Strahan is the gift-wrapped record sack that Favre gave him.

Andre may have gone 35 minutes, but he could have gone an hour as far as I was concerned. He hit every right note.

I cant get over the uniqueness of the circumstances surrounding Reed's speech....its just unreal.

He's likely the last Hall of Fame player (Polian will get in) from those glory days and likely the last Bills player for a long time.

His QB and face of our franchise and arguably the city is fighting for his life.

And we have a franchise in limbo following the recent passing of its only owner.

I'm almost 36 and I moved out of Western NY in 2002. I grew up watching these guys. They were my heroes. What that era means to us.......man. I really cant explain it to people under 30 or fans of other teams from other cities for that matter. But you could literally feel Bills nation connecting tonight on an emotional level across the whole country that just can't be explained or understood unless you lived through those glory years.

The 90's Bills and the Cowboys too were the last of their kind. Teams like this cannot ever happen again because of the cap. You can't keep that many Hall of Famers on one team for that long anymore. Tonight, it was almost like Andre was saying goodbye to that era.

As to not ever winning a SB; maybe that sucks up their drive a little and they never get to another one. Who knows? I still wouldn't trade those years for anything outside of multiple super bowl wins.......but we can't......And thats fine by me because I'm dam sure proud of what they did do. And the memories they gave us.

Go Bills!!

And F Bon Jovi.

I cant get over the uniqueness of the circumstances surrounding Reed's speech....its just unreal.

He's likely the last Hall of Fame player (Polian will get in) from those glory days and likely the last Bills player for a long time.

His QB and face of our franchise and arguably the city is fighting for his life.

And we have a franchise in limbo following the recent passing of its only owner.

I'm almost 36 and I moved out of Western NY in 2002. I grew up watching these guys. They were my heroes. What that era means to us.......man. I really cant explain it to people under 30 or fans of other teams from other cities for that matter. But you could literally feel Bills nation connecting tonight on an emotional level across the whole country that just can't be explained or understood unless you lived through those glory years.

The 90's Bills and the Cowboys too were the last of their kind. Teams like this cannot ever happen again because of the cap. You can't keep that many Hall of Famers on one team for that long anymore. Tonight, it was almost like Andre was saying goodbye to that era.

As to not ever winning a SB; maybe that sucks up their drive a little and they never get to another one. Who knows? I still wouldn't trade those years for anything outside of multiple super bowl wins.......but we can't......And thats fine by me because I'm dam sure proud of what they did do. And the memories they gave us.

Go Bills!!

And F Bon Jovi.

What a fantastic post!! You said it perfectly Edited by Kirby Jackson

Thanks Kirby!

Its been an emotional night. Even my wife was tearing up....and she's just a casual fan.

I was fighting back the tears to....watching Andre's Man in the Middle special really hit me.

Edited by Big Blitz

Just got back to the hotel from the induction. Andre killed it and Buffalo fans were out in force! A lot of tears were flowing all around when he got to Jim. What a night!

"Where else would you rather be than right here, right now?"

Edited by KikoSeeBallKikoGetBall

Go Bills!!

And F Bon Jovi.

Awesome awesome post. 35 here, going on 36, moved away from Buffalo in the late '90s, family was season ticket holders from '86 through '96, and every single word of your post resonated with me. It was a special feeling tonight. First time in a while I felt 100% unbridled pride in my Bills fanhood. Definitely felt like we were witnessing the end of the line tonight, the official end of an era. And as you said, one of the last two true dynasties in NFL history. Thanks for sharing.

So, does anyone know if the (current) team made into the ceremony to watch Andre's speech?

based on tweets, they were watching at the hotel.

Go Bills!!

And F Bon Jovi.

so well said. Buffalo isn't just a city. It's a way of life. I am privileged and proud to call it home. 716!

Btw does it look like Talley can still play? Git r dun, Whaley!

http://twitter.com/doctork44/status/495786493516861442/photo/1

Awesome awesome post. 35 here, going on 36, moved away from Buffalo in the late '90s, family was season ticket holders from '86 through '96, and every single word of your post resonated with me. It was a special feeling tonight. First time in a while I felt 100% unbridled pride in my Bills fanhood. Definitely felt like we were witnessing the end of the line tonight, the official end of an era. And as you said, one of the last two true dynasties in NFL history. Thanks for sharing.

Who knows.

Maybe in 15-20 years, we look back on tonight and say "that was the last night of that era, and the start of a new Bills era."

Maybe the Bills come out tonight and look like a team that can WIN for the next 10 years.

Maybe we should take this optimism, and these good feelings, and bring it towards the current Bills.

Back then, it felt like no matter what, there was magic in the air and the Bills would win. The fans created that energy at Rich stadium, never waiting for the inevitable mistake, but getting excited for the comeback, the scoring, the huge play, the division win.

Maybe two eras came to an end last night... the glory years, and the dark years.