Glad Byrd is gone

Not for nothing, but I find it iconic that Byrd is unable to play or practice for at least the near future. After signing a contract worth 26 Million in guaranteed money he goes and has back surgery. Glad he ain't here. God know he would have dragged his return to the line up till about mid season. a great player for sure....but what a douch!

Link

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000368683/article/jairus-byrd-to-practice-for-saints-sooner-than-later

BigPappy

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Not for nothing, but I find it iconic that Byrd is unable to play or practice for at least the near future. After signing a contract worth 26 Million in guaranteed money he goes and has back surgery. Glad he ain't here. God know he would have dragged his return to the line up till about mid season. a great player for sure....but what a douch!

Link

http://www.nfl.com/n...oner-than-later

BigPappy

I think we would be a much better team with Byrd than without him. I'm sure the Saints were aware of his back situation and were comfortable with it. It sounds like he will be ready to practice soon. He is a top player in this league, people may not like him because he held out but make no mistake, he's a superstar.

Seems like Byrd is a guy who is always going to be nicked up. I doubt they get a full 16 games from him ever-- but maybe the saints are fine with that.

I agree and also wonder/worry what his motivation will be now that he has been paid. I won't go so far as to say I'm glad he isn't here but I'm not very mad that he didn't get the long rich contract from the Bills. In his career he has had hip, back, groin, and foot injuries. He has only missed 7 games in 5 years though so I wouldn't necessarily call him injury prone it is just something that bears watching from a "is he worth it" perspective. My first reaction is that he wasn't but if he helps them win a sb he most certainly will be.

I think we would be a much better team with Byrd than without him. I'm sure the Saints were aware of his back situation and were comfortable with it. It sounds like he will be ready to practice soon. He is a top player in this league, people may not like him because he held out but make no mistake, he's a superstar.

I don't disagree, he is a superstar. But like JR said, he seems to be a guy that is always nicked up, not a 100% went he plays. I probably should have been more specific when I said I found it ironic though. What is Ironic is that he had back surgery and he will be back for the start of the season. But when he was a Bill, he had "plantar fasciitis" and couldn't play for how long into the season? Total ploy on his part. It's more of a point that because he was franchised last year, he didn't want to play here. He wasn't getting the money he wanted so he said F U Buffalo, I.m not playing until I have to!

JMO anyway....BigPappy

BigPappy

Edited by BigPappy

Bills would be absolutely dynamite in the secondary with Byrd, AW, Gilmore, McLovin, Graham and Robey.

But I have said it before and I will say it again. It is no one's fault he isn't here. Not Whaley's. Not Byrd's. Certainly not Parker's. It was not meant to be the way it played out. If anyone is to blame, it is Nix not extending him early. But I don't know the full story on the talks back then, so I'll reserve judgment.

Albert Breer@AlbertBreer 1m

Saints coach Sean Payton says Jairus Byrd is on PUP, and expects him back "sooner than later".

Edited by YoloinOhio

Bills would be absolutely dynamite in the secondary with Byrd, AW, Gilmore, McLovin, Graham and Robey.

But I have said it before and I will say it again. It is no one's fault he isn't here. Not Whaley's. Not Byrd's. Certainly not Parker's. It was not meant to be the way it played out. If anyone is to blame, it is Nix not extending him early. But I don't know the full story on the talks back then, so I'll reserve judgment.

Albert Breer@AlbertBreer 1m

Saints coach Sean Payton says Jairus Byrd is on PUP, and expects him back "sooner than later".

Please don't misunderstand me. I am by no means placing blame on anyone. I am merely saying that I myself am glad he is not here because if he was, his back surgery recovery would have probably gone well into the first quarter of the season because that is the kind of teammate/player that he is. I am not basing anything on statistical facts, I am just stating my opinion of how I would see this situation in New Orleans playing out here in Buffalo

BigPappy

Link

http://www.nfl.com/n...oner-than-later

BigPappy

how is that different from last season?

I still wish the Bills had traded him when he had 1 year left on his contract.

I agree, I am huge Byrd fan, so productive, but he was never going to be offered big money, that was never in the Bills plan to do that, so trading him was the only smart thing that should have been done. I think it was different than Lynch. Lynch would have stayed if he got a big contract, and I think been fine. Bills could have paid Lynch.

Please don't misunderstand me. I am by no means placing blame on anyone. I am merely saying that I myself am glad he is not here because if he was, his back surgery recovery would have probably gone well into the first quarter of the season because that is the kind of teammate/player that he is. I am not basing anything on statistical facts, I am just stating my opinion of how I would see this situation in New Orleans playing out here in Buffalo

BigPappy

Understood. But I knew someone would blame the Bills, or Byrd or Parker for a trade not happening. And unfortunately, that part is much more complicated.

how is that different from last season?

I didn't say it was different from last year. I said it is Ironic, because he did it again....even after he got paid his guaranteed money of 26 Million Dollars.

BigPappy

One thing to keep in mind is that, reportedly, if Byrd had not gotten the deal he wanted from one of the teams he wanted, and signed here, the Bills would not have signed Spikes or Graham (due to $). It will be interesting to see who would have had a bigger impact on the Bills defensive success with what Schwartz runs, and taking into account Graham's ST prowess.

I'm glad for the fact that we are not paying another player that either is no longer here or is here & can't play because of health issues .

But with that said i think Byrd was a great player for the Bills & i would love to see him in a Bills uni because with the type of out put he had it just helped the entire team . From this point on i would ban any one that has his agent !

I also think that Williams will do a good job for us in his place because he did last year ...