Glad Byrd is gone

I wouldn't dispute that Byrd is a good player. He may have been the best in our secondary last season, given the injury to Gilmore.

I disagree. Gilmore can't carry Byrd's lunch. Byrd is an out and out stud. He is probably the best open field tackler I can remember seeing ever. After 2 seasons I'm still waiting to see what is so great about Gilmore. I know he was injured and all. With the new Legion of Doom "point of emphasis" this year he'll get flagged a lot because he holds frequently.

I miss Byrd already even with the back surgery.

Edited by reddogblitz

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry you miss Byrd red, but don't you see that paying top dollar for past performance is a poor business model?

they are paying him for future performance , based on past performance. Long term contracts are a poor business model but that's how the game is played. No way out of that one. You want the top players you need to shell out the cash. MIght as well give it to a player with a proven record of success.

hes undersized and never was a hitter nor a great tackler, but he was a ball hawk. To be honest I don't think most of us will even think about him this year

whatever his size is, it hasn't caused him any problems, he is a terrific tackler and yes, a ball hawk. Makes him very worthy of pro bowls and large contracts. We will miss him this year.