Dareus gets hammered on NFL Network for being out of shape

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I know people hate Sapp (and I have become less and less a fan the longer he is on NFLN, mailing it in), we all know he is a big dude..as is Dareus. That said, I don't recall ever hearing of Sapp having conditioning problems during his playing days...being big, fat, doesn't necessarily mean you can't pass a conditionig test.

That said, I saw Sapps' comments live...it is clear to me, nobody on the NFLN really pays any attention to the Bills (and other teams fans feel the same way I am sure), because their opinions and "information" are rarely built on anything real, just the "same old Bills" metality...this is a convenient "go to" resposne, so they have to do as little work as possible. Sapp, and one of the other flunkies (I think NFLN has, by far the worst assorment of "personalites"/analysts ever assembled to cover a sport...i think it is a terrible product, considering its' great potential) made the point that Dareus was "just in mini-camp" 3 weeks ago, how could he be out of shape already...I guess they missed the fact that he was not in mini-camp, and was excused, after his run-in with the fuzz over his driving skills....

Don't you think there's also the possibility that a guy like Sapp got the BOD that he was going to be ready to play when the games started?

There's also an easy solution to this if you want to give the guy chances on a new contract - the workout bonus.

the criticism is deserved.

but hey, marcel just issued a statement:

"After dealing with a personal matter in Alabama, I am excited to return to training camp to rejoin my teammates in our preparations for the 2014 season.

"Right now, my focus is on earning the trust of my teammates, coaches and the fans while continuing to improve as a football player. I have a passion for this game and I want to be here to help this organization achieve its goals. There are things I need to work on professionally and personally to make sure I can be accountable to myself, my family, this team and this community.

"My focus will remain on achieving that goal one day at a time. I want to thank the Bills organization, coach Marrone and the coaching staff, my teammates and our fans for their continued support."

http://sports.yahoo....-120251190.html

with all that god given talent....he will get lots more chances to do better.

and i'm pretty sure he will screw up some more.

Pretty clear the apology was written by the Bills' PR department. Appreciate the organization wants to help one of their football assets get his s%#t together. Only MD can make that happen. Does he have the self-discipline? Does he want it enough? We shall see...

Funny, I used to find that tall, big chick on there kind of attractive in a strange way...but then, one day, for no reason, she made some lame, off the cuff remark about how the Bills should be the Toronto Bills... she has been hideous to me ever since... apparently she apologized, sort of half-heartedly, shortly after, after getting some rather unflattering twitter feedback from Bills fans...

I saw that.

Good. He's getting paid to be "in shape" He should get his @$$ chewed out for it!

Amen.

Someone needs to grow up.I would kill to have the opportunity and privelege he has been given. I realize he has had a tough road personally but he doesn't have a hard time cashing that check. Responsibility time. Sack up or pound sand

1. I think Dareus will be just fine.

2. This is why Dareus doesn't give a schit what I think, what you think, or what Warren Sapp thinks:

2011: Signed a four-year, $20.407 million contract. The deal is fully guaranteed, including a $13.342 million signing bonus.

2014: $3,157,814

2015: $8.06 million

2016: Free Agent

If the light ever goes on for Dareus, it will be in his contract year and not a minute sooner. he is showing zero dedication right now. no one argues his talent.

The Bills if they have any concerns (and they do) they should trade him with 2 years still locked up. if they dumped SJ13 with his bloated Contract and non clutch play. Then Dareus should bring at least something equal but most likely way better in a trade. Cutting him is not an option

IMO trades is one of Whaley's best strengths. I would be shocked if this hasn't already crossed his mind. For a team that clearly needs to win now. Dareus, for all his talent hasn't read the memo yet. marrone can only publicly support his BS so long before he too loses credibility. In some respects OBD's coddling him is already becoming tiresome.

If the light ever goes on for Dareus, it will be in his contract year and not a minute sooner. he is showing zero dedication right now. no one argues his talent.

The Bills if they have any concerns (and they do) they should trade him with 2 years still locked up. if they dumped SJ13 with his bloated Contract and non clutch play. Then Dareus should bring at least something equal but most likely way better in a trade. Cutting him is not an option

IMO trades is one of Whaley's best strengths. I would be shocked if this hasn't already crossed his mind. For a team that clearly needs to win now. Dareus, for all his talent hasn't read the memo yet. marrone can only publicly support his BS so long before he too loses credibility. In some respects OBD's coddling him is already becoming tiresome.

Well said - especially the part about Marrone. I really have hopes that Dareus isn't going to be one of these "I'll play in my contract year" type of guys. We've have enough of that crap. If he's not going to be ready to go by opening week, then I do hope Whaley trades him.

Let's face it; it's not like the run defense is going to get worse without him.

Thicken up that skin. Nothing said was out of line.

This.

Like it or not Dareus is in the wrong. He's a pro, he needs to act accordingly. His team relies on him.

As for Sapp. He was one hell of a defensive tackle, a hall of fame member. He did his time in the league. Dareus should be listening when he talks.

it is clear to me, nobody on the NFLN really pays any attention to the Bills (and other teams fans feel the same way I am sure), because their opinions and "information" are rarely built on anything real, just the "same old Bills" metality...this is a convenient "go to" resposne, so they have to do as little work as possible. Sapp, and one of the other flunkies (I think NFLN has, by far the worst assorment of "personalites"/analysts ever assembled to cover a sport...i think it is a terrible product, considering its' great potential) made the point that Dareus was "just in mini-camp" 3 weeks ago, how could he be out of shape already...I guess they missed the fact that he was not in mini-camp, and was excused, after his run-in with the fuzz over his driving skills....

This is why I don't watch the NFL Network that much. I have caught them saying out and out fabrications passed off as fact many times. On the season preview for 2009 or so, Rob Woodson said the Bills traded up for Trent Edwards. They also said a couple of other false things in the same segment. Obviously it's just a bunch of X Jocks sitting around the water cooler shooting the shirt about football. They don't study evidently. If they say this kind of junk about us, I have to assume all of the stuff they say about the other teams is probably not true either.

Do we even know if being out of shape is the reason he failed his test?

I'm not sure about this "conditioning" thing either. I think he's in the Doug Marrone dog house. He already had to be out a day or so to go down to Alabama for his court hearing thing anyway. I think it's the reverse psycholoty thing. Tell him he's out of shape. MD will think that DM really thinks it and will work hard to prove him wrong. Win Win.

I'm not worried about Mr. Big Stuff. He'll be starting in Chicago.

Warren Sapp should worry about taking care of his own yard before complaining about the neighbor. That guy is a waste of oxygen. Dareus, on the other hand needs to start taking his profession serious, he is not a rookie anymore.

Edited by DirtDart

interesting comment about Dareus only making 7 plays out of 269 plays on 3rd down. i wonder how much truth there is to that, and is he counting the fact that on some plays Dareus probably occupied an extra lineman so others could make a play.

Yeah, that was kind of puzzling. I am assuming they meant, 269 3rd down plays for the Bills defense, and Dareus only made the tackle/stop on 7 of them...talk about a silly, meaningless stat...it is like holding one receiver responsible for every passing play run by the offense, passes intended for him or not. I really have no issue with Dareus performance on the field...

Marcel got hisself some extra va-ca-tion. Not much more to it than that at this point, except that his self of steam must be pretty low. Hope he gets his shite together soon. He could be great.

Self of steam..... Smh

1. I think Dareus will be just fine.

2. This is why Dareus doesn't give a schit what I think, what you think, or what Warren Sapp thinks:

2011: Signed a four-year, $20.407 million contract. The deal is fully guaranteed, including a $13.342 million signing bonus.

2014: $3,157,814

2015: $8.06 million

2016: Free Agent

Disagree- retained in 2016