Who will get that 6th WR spot?

KDIGGZ

171 members have voted

1. 1. Who will make the squad as the 6th WR?

• Chris Hogan (7-11)
    • TJ Graham
    • Kevin Elliott
    • Naaman Roosevelt
    • Other

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I want Hogan. Sure TJ has speed but so do Goodwin, Woods and Sammy. Hogan catches EVERYTHING!

Hogan does have upward of 22 receptions if you count his college career too. Just imagine if he had like 26 passes to him - he'd probably have 26 catches in his life!

Hogan is also very good on ST, and a pretty good backup WR.

He's not a good enough special teamer for that to carry him. He's acceptable as a special teams contributor but I can say he's any kind of ace or we shouldn't have been near as bad last year.

For those doubting Easley, there was a lot of emphasis this off season to acquiring core special teams players. Easley certainly seemed to be that. Doug's buddy, and his own reputation, are on the line here.

Hogan and Graham. Easley draws the short straw.

I think the coaches love Hogan. He's the definition of a training camp hero.

I think they might keep Graham because if Goodwin gets hurt they would still like another speedster to take the top off of the D. Whether or not Featherstone can stop fighting the ball and catch it is another issue...

Graham's value is not that he is just a speedster, he is the only WR have down the chart that can play all three positions. Woods can play any position, Mike Williams would probably be able to play any position, and Sammy Watkins is a wildcard. You need a 4th WR that can fill in at a moments notice and play all 3. Goodwin cannot do that, and unless he shows ability to stay healthy there is a high chance he might not last in the NFL - that is very unfortunate.

Goodwin is the first guy I want in when we put 4 WR's on the field. Graham is the first WR, right now at least, to go in when we need to sub.

I have picked Roosevelt . Thats my pick .

But honestly it's waaay too early

Yep I agree. We can keep this thread going and you can change your vote if need be. I'm sure after some preseason games some of us might change our minds

I'd think TJ, unless one of the others does something amazing in camp/pre-season. He's the only one with significant NFL experience.

There is an outside shot TJ is McKelvin's offensive equivalent...so we aught to keep him unless he's terrible in camp.

There is an outside shot TJ is McKelvin's offensive equivalent...so we aught to keep him unless he's terrible in camp.

Aught means zero . you know that right ? and having some fine with us

like nineteen aught nine means 1909. My Mom used to use this in story telling. ; )

Graham's value is not that he is just a speedster, he is the only WR have down the chart that can play all three positions. Woods can play any position, Mike Williams would probably be able to play any position, and Sammy Watkins is a wildcard. You need a 4th WR that can fill in at a moments notice and play all 3. Goodwin cannot do that, and unless he shows ability to stay healthy there is a high chance he might not last in the NFL - that is very unfortunate.

Goodwin is the first guy I want in when we put 4 WR's on the field. Graham is the first WR, right now at least, to go in when we need to sub.

I'm admittedly a Goodwin guy so I do think he can play all three spots. His speed is such a factor that all of his other routes benefit from the threat it presents. When he had to play in the #1WR role last year he looked great. His curl routes are extremely tough to cover because he can pump the breaks so quickly. I'll agree his nagging injuries are worrisome.

WRT to Graham, I actually do like him. I think if he can put things together he could carve himself out a role on the team. He gets open a lot more than most people recognize but it scares me how often he fights the ball. He does have experience and you might be right about him being the next man up as a sub, but i think how he does on special teams will be the biggest factor in whether or not he makes the squad.

Edited by KikoSeeBallKikoGetBall

Jay Skurski@JaySkurski 32m

Great look at #Bills WR Chris Hogan and his chances of sticking on the roster from @gggaughan ... http://www.buffalone...140724 …

awesome article, thanks. i didn't know all of Hogan's history. i just thought he was another undrafted guy trying to make the league. he became famous from his Hard Knocks nickname 7-11 when he was trying to make the Dolphins I believe. but i didn't realize he played lacrosse in college. interesting stuff, thanks

Edited by kdiggz

Who is the top 5?

Watkins

Woods

Williams

Goodwin

Who's fifth?

Easley because of Special Teams (led the NFL in special teams tackles). Unless he shows to be a completely incompetent receiver, we all expect him to make the team

BtXaVvBCMAEgh4D.jpg

I obviously am biased here so take my opinion with a grain of salt but what has he done to warrant the spot. Honest question, can you ever see the guy making a play to impact a game? At least with Graham he may catch a bomb or get hauled down for a PI. Elliot has some size and maybe can help in the red zone. In addition, I have always been partial to Naaman. What does Hogan do better than Roosevelt (who also catches everything)? I just don't see the reason to keep Hogan around. I think that I voted for Graham because if he can make 5 of those plays this year he can actually help the team.