Dareus not cleared to practice yet

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

is it possible that dareus is in shape enough to take the field, and that this was a veiled, punitive measure (the coaches punishing him for his earlier offseason incidents) instead of an actual failed physical - or are the league rules on the "Active/Non-Football Injury List" too strict to make that a possibility?

is it possible that dareus is in shape enough to take the field, and that this was a veiled, punitive measure (the coaches punishing him for his earlier offseason incidents) instead of an actual failed physical - or are the league rules on the "Active/Non-Football Injury List" too strict to make that a possibility?

Not a chance. There would already be a grievance filed on Dareus' behalf with the NFLPA.

GO BILLS!!!

Jeff Russo@JeffRussoWKBW 4m

Attorney for Marcell Dareus says the #Bills DT was in court today in Alabama. Judge formally accepted him into pretrail program. (1/2)

Jeff Russo@JeffRussoWKBW 3m

Dareus has to continue his participation in the NFL program relative to the matter and provide the court with periodic updates. #Bills (2/2)

I agree with this. Did you notice that he, and a slew of other Bama players are fine when they are playing under Saban? It might sound corny to you but I think that he acts as a strict parental figure to many of these kids, and this is precisely what many young athletes need.

Dareus might be 25 but he is acting like a spoiled 18 year old. And you are correct in that he isn't as much of a criminal as he is a knucklehead. The problem is that he really isn't that far from throwing his career away.

This is one kid that I truly hope seeks help and gets his life together before time runs out.

How do you think Saban, a strict disciplinarian, would have handled Dareus being repeatedly late for meetings? How do you think Saban would have handled Dareus sleeping in team meetings? How do you think Saban would have handled Dareus being arrested for using dope (synthetic or not) and then follow up that arrest with a police action over a crash related to racing? Do you think that Saban would have tolerated him coming into his training camp out of shape?

Most people will agree that Dareus is not a criminal or a thug. It's obvious that he is immature and lacks discipline. But that doesn't mean that because he doesn't have any malicious intent that his irresponsible behavior, such as recklessly racing in an urban setting, can't get an innocent bystander maimed or killed.

There are plenty of good role models for Dareus to follow on this team. And there are plenty of people on this team and within the organization who are concerned about his well-being. He isn't listening to them and he doesn't seem to care. He is using up his chips at a really fast rate. His juvenile act is not only self-destructive but it is alsotiresome.

Edited by JohnC

Attorney for Marcell Dareus says the #Bills DT was in court today in Alabama. Judge formally accepted him into pretrail program. (1/2)

Dareus has to continue his participation in the NFL program relative to the matter and provide the court with periodic updates. #Bills (2/2)

It's funny how that word "excused" can be translated so many different ways.

Well, that explains the delay to retake it

How do you think Saban, a strict disciplinarian, would have handled Dareus being repeatedly late for meetings? How do you think Saban would have handled Dareus sleeping in team meetings? How do you think Saban would have handled Dareus being arrested for using dope (synthetic or not) and then follow up that arrest with a police action over a crash related to racing? Do you think that Saban would have tolerated him coming into his training camp out of shape?

Most people will agree that Dareus is not a criminal or a thug. It's obvious that he is immature and lacks discipline. But that doesn't mean that because he doesn't have any malicious intent that his irresponsible behavior, such as recklessly racing in an urban setting, can't get an innocent bystander maimed or killed.

There are plenty of good role models for Dareus to follow on this team. And there are plenty of people on this team and within the organization who are concerned about his well-being. He isn't listening to them and he doesn't seem to care. He is using up his chips at a really fast rate. His juvenile act is not only self-destructive but it is alsotiresome.

He likely would have done the same things the Bills are doing. Dareus was a stud for him and his job is to win games.

For some reason I can't explain, I think this kid figures it out before it's too late.

Only time will tell. He likes to have fun.....just needs to refrain from doing the boneheaded things that get him into these kinds of messes. He seems like a good kid so you could be right.

He likely would have done the same things the Bills are doing. Dareus was a stud for him and his job is to win games.

Saban's team is loaded. Dareus would have been benched if not suspended. Dareus's individual indiscretions don't rise to a high level. But his repeated actions such as being late, sleeping in meetings and lack of conditioning demonstrate a lack of discipline and maturity.

The issue for me isn't that he has gotten into trouble over various serious issues. It is the repeated nature of his misdeeds. It seems that he just doesn't care. He's not in college any more. He's having trouble coping on and off the field.

Edited by JohnC

Saban's team is loaded. Dareus would have been benched if not suspended. Dareus's individual indiscretions don't rise to a high level. But his repeated actions such as being late, sleeping in meetings and lack of conditioning demonstrate a lack of discipline and maturity.

The issue for me isn't that he has gotten intto trouble over various serious issues. It is the repeated nature of his misdeeds. It seems that he just doesn't care. He's not in college any more. He's having trouble coping on and off the field.

It's impossible for me to believe that Dareus was so committed, timely, a joy to coach and a model citizen at Alabama, and then suddenly because reckless, irresponsible, perpetually late and a moron as soon as he came to the Bills. Saban very likely had to deal with similar issues with him and, because he was a star and invaluable player, put up with a lot more crap than he normally would.

It's impossible for me to believe that Dareus was so committed, timely, a joy to coach and a model citizen at Alabama, and then suddenly because reckless, irresponsible, perpetually late and a moron as soon as he came to the Bills. Saban very likely had to deal with similar issues with him and, because he was a star and invaluable player, put up with a lot more crap than he normally would.

Is it possible that the death of his brother and the personal trauma he experienced knocked him off the rails? I don't know the truth of the situation in Bama or in Buffalo, I just know the dude's had to deal with a lot of loss while making the transition from college to the NFL. That has to have an impact.

I respectfully disagree. In college the coaches have a lot more control and oversight of the players. In the pro ranks you have a lot of money and free time. I'm not suggesting that Dareus was a model athlete or person at Alabama. But Saban is a known disciplinarian who wouldn't tolerate repeated misdeeds. In addition, his roster is stacked. If Dareus was constantly late for meetings he would be watching the games, not playing in them.

I think the kid is head case . he doesn't know who or what he is as a man yet.

He willl find out one way or another .

I hope he can get on track , find focus and then joy in his life by using Football as a means to get there. It can be done. Football is a good thing really. The NFL is something else. But Marcel has some very good coaches and players to lean on and grow with.

I think the window is shorter than others . I might also guess he is at a tipping point internally. like i said he is f'd in the head right now. and probably seesawing as to what he does and doesn;t care about.

If i was reilgious i would pray for him right about now

Is it possible that the death of his brother and the personal trauma he experienced knocked him off the rails? I don't know the truth of the situation in Bama or in Buffalo, I just know the dude's had to deal with a lot of loss while making the transition from college to the NFL. That has to have an impact.

Perhaps. But he had several tragedies just as bad throughout his whole life. Maybe the loss of the last two put him over the edge as you guessed. He certainly appears to be lost. But he lost his dad early, his closest coach who he actually lived with, his best friend, etc, while he was in high school or college.

I respectfully disagree. In college the coaches have a lot more control and oversight of the players. In the pro ranks you have a lot of money and free time. I'm not suggesting that Dareus was a model athlete or person at Alabama. But Saban is a known disciplinarian who wouldn't tolerate repeated misdeeds. In addition, his roster is stacked. If Dareus was constantly late for meetings he would be watching the games, not playing in them.

Hard to say. I doubt it. Saban is just like any coach, even though he is known as a disciplinarian. They treat different guys differently. And differently at various times of the season, depending on how much they need to win. Marrone benched Dareus for a quarter for being late one time and then the very next week for being late again (which was actually the very next day). If the game really meant something for the playoffs I doubt he would have done it, although it's possible. Dareus was a vital player on those teams in college, too.