Know anyone with a disease? Read this

2 hours ago, Cugalabanza said:

max.jpg

On page 1 of this thread I might have agreed with this.

But now that I've learned weed cures everything, it seems like there's no better investment to make in the entire pharmaceutical industry.

In Illinois, synthetic marijuana blamed for 2 horrific deaths from bleeding

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yjzWrbU-Af4................54 other cases of poisoning also reported; rat poison discovered in the drug mixture.

7 hours ago, LeviF91 said:

In what world does inhaling any smoke not put you at greater risk of lung cancer?

And yes, I know edibles and such exist but marijuana is still primarily consumed by smoking.

In the world where smoking pot cures the disease you get from inhaling smoke!  

44 minutes ago, jmc12290 said:

That's just propaganda published by Big Pharma.  

Not like the completely unbiased, thoroughly honest and professional, scientific analysis provided by leafy.com.  

2 hours ago, B-Man said:

In Illinois, synthetic marijuana blamed for 2 horrific deaths from bleeding

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yjzWrbU-Af4................54 other cases of poisoning also reported; rat poison discovered in the drug mixture.

You know what would have cured them?

6 hours ago, DC Tom said:

In the world where smoking pot cures the disease you get from inhaling smoke!  

That's just propaganda published by Big Pharma.  

Not like the completely unbiased, thoroughly honest and professional, scientific analysis provided by leafy.com.  

You know what would have cured them?

Two puffs and you can fly to that land where every dream comes true 

10 hours ago, jmc12290 said:

Of course smoking anything, as someone chided above, would increase your exposure to carcinogens thus increase your risk to cancer. However, I mentioned usage, and should have been clear I was referring to edibles and vaporizing.

19 minutes ago, garybusey said:

Of course smoking anythingas someone chided above, would increase your exposure to carcinogens thus increase your risk to cancer. However, I mentioned usage, and should have been clear I was referring to edibles and vaporizing.

Really?

Edited by snafu

26 minutes ago, garybusey said:

Of course smoking anything, as someone chided above, would increase your exposure to carcinogens thus increase your risk to cancer. However, I mentioned usage, and should have been clear I was referring to edibles and vaporizing.

In reality, let's face it, everything is a !@#$ing carcinogen.  Live long enough, you get cancer.  Enjoy life while you can.  If that involves pot, bully for you.

But can we please stop pretending that pot is some sort of miracle drug?  It's not.  It's pot.

Edited by LeviF91

12 minutes ago, snafu said:

Really?

There's no long term scientific data on vaporizing weed. 

4 minutes ago, LeviF91 said:

In reality, let's face it, everything is a !@#$ing carcinogen.  Live long enough, you get cancer.  Enjoy life while you can.  If that involves pot, bully for you.

But can we please stop pretending that pot is some sort of miracle drug?  It's not.  It's pot.

I agree kind of. Pot is pot and smoking it is not going to cure anything. However, there are cannabinoids within the plants that should be studied for medicinal purposes.

1 hour ago, LeviF91 said:

it's pot and you partake with the normative expectation of getting high every time you use it

and they pretend it isn't addictive but very tough men cannot give it up for a few months in a year at the risk of pissing away a huge NFL contract.

1 hour ago, LeviF91 said:

That's just what Big Pharma wants you to believe. Pot cures all diseases, makes you more virile, better looking, wealthy beyond the dreams of Avarice, and gets you high, man.

It's like having TWO scoops of ice cream after supper... every night!

The link between smoking cannabis and lung cancer is not nearly as strong as has been suggested.

https://www.drugabuse.gov/publications/marijuana/what-are-marijuanas-effects-lung-health

From the article

Whether smoking marijuana causes lung cancer, as cigarette smoking does, remains an open question.   Marijuana smoke contains carcinogenic combustion products, including about 50 percent more benzoprene and 75 percent more benzanthracene (and more phenols, vinyl chlorides, nitrosamines, reactive oxygen species) than cigarette smoke.  Because of how it is typically smoked (deeper inhale, held for longer), marijuana smoking leads to four times the deposition of tar compared to cigarette smoking.   However, while a few small, uncontrolled studies have suggested that heavy, regular marijuana smoking could increase risk for respiratory cancers, well-designed population studies have failed to find an increased risk of lung cancer associated with marijuana use.

I wish I liked marijuana more.  My go-to vice is drinking.  And although I don't think I drink to excess, it has done damage to my health.  I have a lot of friends who smoke pot regularly and I think it helps them as a wind-down aid after work and I don't think it's as harmful to the body over the years as booze is.

Pot just doesn't agree with me as much.  It tends to make me anxious.

And if you use a vaporizer, I think it's a lot healthier for your lungs.

4 minutes ago, Cugalabanza said:

I have a lot of friends who smoke pot regularly and I think it helps them as a wind-down aid after work and I don't think it's as harmful to the body over the years as booze is.

Pot just doesn't agree with me as much.  It tends to make me anxious.

And if you use a vaporizer, I think it's a lot healthier for your lungs.

I agree 100%. I am convinced it is healthier than alcohol. It’s all about moderation though like every vice in life. I know a lot of successful people who use it to wind down after a long day. They believe it to be an anti inflammatory, sleep aid and healthier alternative for pain management. 

Vaporizers, edibles and oils will greatly reduce the respiratory issues and lung cancer risks going forward but at this time no one can accurately claim it is a miracle drug. There haven’t been enough longitudinal studies.