Know anyone with a disease? Read this

The disease of narcissism causes bad behaviour to escalate

The interesting thing is those who survived a horrible illness inflicted from without are quick to downplay courage or boast about recovery.  While the narcissists can’t stop talking about their problems, you don’t ever have to ask.....

The Exit Drug - This youtube video touches upon many of the opioid and cannabinoid topics discussed in posts here.  I have tried (and apparently failed with many) to explain many of these same issues. 

It is a worthwhile watch, especially if you know someone struggling with opioids.  It is 15 minutes long.  Start it and see if you find it interesting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w29GOehXMkg

Edit:  Also saw CNN advertise 'Weed 4: Pot vs Pills' for Sunday 4/29 at 8pm Eastern.

Edited by Bob in Mich

1 hour ago, Bob in Mich said:

The Exit Drug - This youtube video touches upon many of the opioid and cannabinoid topics discussed in posts here.  I have tried (and apparently failed with many) to explain many of these same issues. 

It is a worthwhile watch, especially if you know someone struggling with opioids.  It is 15 minutes long.  Start it and see if you find it interesting.

Hey, a link that's not from Leafy.com!

How appropriate is it that Dr. Adie Wilson Poe is a pot researcher with the Moron Conception Laboratory?  :lol:

5 hours ago, Bob in Mich said:

Edit:  Also saw CNN advertise 'Weed 4: Pot vs Pills' for Sunday 4/29 at 8pm Eastern.

From the title "Pot vs Pills" are they going to demonize pills in order to justify recreational use of pot?

That's an awful argument. Might as well compare Pot vs a kick in the nuts. Or SJW's vs Cancer. 

2 hours ago, row_33 said:

If Trump cured cancer they’d scream at the sky for cancer to have a comeback

No, they'd accuse Trump of trying to undermine Obamacare by reducing the usage of it.

Same logic they use for food stamps and welfare: the more people on it, the better the program is working.

16 hours ago, unbillievable said:

From the title "Pot vs Pills" are they going to demonize pills in order to justify recreational use of pot?

That's an awful argument. Might as well compare Pot vs a kick in the nuts. Or SJW's vs Cancer. 

In the past, Gupta's specials have been focused on medical use of cannabis rather than promoting recreational (aka adult) use.  I included the promo for the show in the same post as the link to  'The Exit Drug'.  That video discusses the advantages of medical cannabis rather than opiates for pain management and PTSD.  In my opinion, Weed 4 will likely hit upon many of the same points.  CNN will likely put out a promo video but I didn't see one yet.

Sanjay Gupta's prior episodes of 'Weed' deserve a great deal of credit for educating the masses on the possibilities of medical cannabis.  Hopefully this new episode follows suit.

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, Bob in Mich said:

In the past, Gupta's specials have been focused on medical use of cannabis rather than promoting recreational (aka adult) use.  I included the promo for the show in the same post as the link to  'The Exit Drug'.  That video discusses the advantages of medical cannabis rather than opiates for pain management and PTSD.  In my opinion, Weed 4 will likely hit upon many of the same points.  CNN will likely put out a promo video but I didn't see one yet.

Sanjay Gupta's prior episodes of 'Weed' deserve a great deal of credit for educating the masses on the possibilities of medical cannabis.  Hopefully this new episode follows suit.

You're a moron. No other point than to point that out and remind you that your intellectual capacity is no more than a paper bag.

4 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

You're a moron. No other point than to point that out and remind you that your intellectual capacity is no more than a paper bag.

It's clear you are a jerk.  Why is the question.  Care to explain how you turned into such a douche?

3 minutes ago, Bob in Mich said:

It's clear you are a jerk.  Why is the question.  Care to explain how you turned into such a douche?

Dealing with low voltage dolts like yourself made me abrasive after relentlessly having to assert that all reason and thoughts shared were invalid.

The idea in this thread that you're standing behind marijuana as some sort of magical healing Aid is proof of that.

1 minute ago, Boyst62 said:

Dealing with low voltage dolts like yourself made me abrasive after relentlessly having to assert that all reason and thoughts shared were invalid.

The idea in this thread that you're standing behind marijuana as some sort of magical healing Aid is proof of that.

The only valid point you have ever made in this thread is that other plants may have healing capabilities too, and you have repeated it several times.  How that invalidates the possibility that cannabis has medicinal properties is beyond me.  Any explanation?

If you have any other useful point to make beyond that, now is your chance, genius.  We're waiting to hear all of your wisdom.  Should take a good 10 seconds to share that.  Go ahead...

55 minutes ago, Bob in Mich said:

The only valid point you have ever made in this thread is that other plants may have healing capabilities too, and you have repeated it several times.  How that invalidates the possibility that cannabis has medicinal properties is beyond me.  Any explanation?

If you have any other useful point to make beyond that, now is your chance, genius.  We're waiting to hear all of your wisdom.  Should take a good 10 seconds to share that.  Go ahead...

It does not invalidate that pot is anything. The premise of any argument against pot is simple and I understand why you don't get it.  When you're the poster child for pro marijuana discussion that beats any point that needs to be made.

I am 100% in support of it being legalized fully, taxed accordingly, and treated like any other plant in this country.  If we simply treated it like tomato plants and seeds while also having methods in place to regulate intoxication like we did alcohol or other drugs than we would be better off. But, when !@#$s like you cling to this theme that it is some miracle elixer able to cure all things with the hidden agenda of just wanting to get high I call bull ****.

To further emphasize my point, I will expound.  Pot doesn't cure back aches or headaches. It treats symptoms. The backaches are probably, in almost all certainty, coming from poor musculature and posture and not cured by pot; go exercise. Headaches likely from diet, stress, stupidity, all have better options to recover with better life choices than pot.  Issues with cancer and terminal illness where pot improved appetite and a psychological state can also be changed with mental health and counseling (of course, you're dying so who cares?).  Psychological disorders like paranoia and other issues where pot is prescribed is a !@#$ing joke - let's give a nutjob a drug!  The oils from marijuana are even more silly. Those oils are found in almost all plant life, pot just gets the attention because hippy faggots cling to the lowest hanging fruit they can grab and hope it has some meat.

Marijuana is absolutely, positively nothing special. Those who consume it are well within their rights as I see fit but also stupid, just like those who drink Budweiser or Blue Moon or vote Democrat.